Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dutch man, 69, who 'identifies as 20 years younger' launches legal battle to change age

Comments

• Options

My question is if this gets approved where does the line get drawn

What would stop an unknown Paedophile

My question is if this gets approved where does the line get drawn

What would stop an unknown Paedophile (not on the register) from getting their age changed to that of a minor and then trying to join kids clubs?

Or a rapist identifying as a woman and being moved to a female prison.
    This has already happened in Britain!
  • Options

PaddyP17 said:

So much diversion on here.

As for not caring, caring also includes recognising that current methods of 'giving a fuck' don't actually contribute to the goals we (edited so as not to be accused of not caring) seek.

If I may - why comment something as unhelpful - and diverting - as "So long as you feel woke, though", then?

Why make it personal?
    Fair question @PaddyP17 . If I see someone rallying for a cause but their desired methods aren't backed up by factual data/research then I, maybe wrongly, conclude that the person in question isn't rallying for the betterment of the situation. I see that as virtue signalling.

Look, I'm not without fault. I get that. This is a sensitive subject that I believe needs to be thoroughly researched before implementing anything that at best maintains the current norm.
    While I completely disagree with you, this is a fair answer.

I'll call out bullshit feminism every day of the week when appropriate (for instance, the Enliven Project's rape statistics infographic, which was particularly egregious because not only of crap statistical data, but also because they used stick figures that got smaller from one side to the other to "help" highlight their point!), but I don't think it - usually - comes from a place where people are buying into a supposedly trendy cause to satisfy their own consciences.

We're on a football forum, too, which is hardly a hotbed for progressive social opinions...
  • Options
    edited November 2018

If I can change my age to 65 can I start getting my pension?

I have bad news for you Henry ?
    It's changed now to 66, plus
    your age group won't get their state pension till their 67. Still better than the under 30's who won't get a state pension till their 80.

I don't think moving the goal posts is apt,
    more like after reaching 26 miles of a marathon you are told you have to run a couple more !
  • Options
    Back to the original subject, is he going to be giving back his pension and going back to work if he's successful?
  • Options
    aliwibble said:

Back to the original subject, is he going to be giving back his pension and going back to work if he's successful?

He said he wants to work more.

"When I'm 69, I am limited. If I'm 49, then I can buy a new house, drive a different car. I can take up more work."
  • Options
    I self identify as “the government” pay me taxes.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Good for him, at least it highlights what a load of old tosh this latest fad of 'self identifying as....' is.

This x100. I feel sorry for those genuinely going through mental distress over gender etc, but everyone else pretending you’re something you’re not surely won’t help.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Leuth said:

Whatever happened to live and let live, eh?

You always seem to go off tack when one of your arguments is shown up to be without factual or statistical backing.
    What?

I'm arguing that we should be able to distinguish between an obvious joke (this age-change stunt) and the needs of probably the single most vulnerable group in society. That doesn't require statistics, it requires a heart. Regardless of whether we have an actual investment in those suffering from gender dysphoria, the principles of personal liberty we all (or nearly all) subscribe to should make the protection of these people an important issue.

And yeah, rapists shouldn't be able to claim to be women just to get into a female jail. I mean that's pretty obvious. "How long have you been living as a woman?" "Uh a week?" "DENIED" - to think that women are at risk from a wave of abusive trans-acting men is reminiscent of the absurd gay panic from the early 20th century. Homosexuals are out to abuse YOUR SONS! Yeah it may have happened once or twice but that isn't enough to deprive the genuinely suffering of their rights.

• Options

Leuth said:

I wondered how long it'd be before the 'life threatening' argument would be rolled out.

It's a specious argument and one that is not backed up, nor does it decrease the suicide rate among this group, by any study in to suicide rates. They stay stable between 32% and 50%, depending on which part of the world you analyse.

Trans people: they're going to kill themselves anyway, why give them rights?
    Trans people do have rights but some of the changes in the law that are being demanded impinge on other people's rights (particularly women's). It's not a black and white issue and no amount of hyperbole is going to change that.
    Racist lol 😂
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Turns out this gentleman is a happily-married failed far-right politician and television talk-show irritant who's doing this to get some more cachet in the culture who-can-be-a-bigger-prick wars
  • Options
    Surprise surprise
  • Options

Leuth said:

I wondered how long it'd be before the 'life threatening' argument would be rolled out.

It's a specious argument and one that is not backed up, nor does it decrease the suicide rate among this group, by any study in to suicide rates. They stay stable between 32% and 50%, depending on which part of the world you analyse.

Trans people: they're going to kill themselves anyway, why give them rights?
    Trans people do have rights but some of the changes in the law that are being demanded impinge on other people's rights (particularly women's). It's not a black and white issue and no amount of hyperbole is going to change that.
    Racist lol 😂
    Fair cop.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Turns out this gentleman is a happily-married failed far-right politician and television talk-show irritant who's doing this to get some more cachet in the culture who-can-be-a-bigger-prick wars

Right up my strata
  • Options
    Leuth said:

I don't follow Dutch politics in detail, but trust me when I say Emile Ratelband is mostly known as a motivational speaker extraordinaire, with lot's of shouting and getting in the centre of attention . First picture, taken when he was younger and in his prime . Second picture, more recent … For Flemish people he's the pinnacle example of loud-mouthed, bragging Dutchmen .
  • Options
    Leuth said:

And just like that then he’s gone from troubled oppressed soul to a far right bigot. Good job you’re not involved in the who-can-be-a-bigger-prick war eh
  • Options

Leuth said:

And just like that then he’s gone from troubled oppressed soul to a far right bigot. Good job you’re not involved in the who-can-be-a-bigger-prick war eh
    I never said he was a troubled oppressed soul. He's quite obviously a twat and was all along
  • Options
    edited November 2018

Leuth said:

Thank God for BR7 - the articulate branch of the gammon end of the knuckledragger spectrum voice of reason on all topics middle aged white men find irritating in this whirligig, confusing modern world!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2018
  • Options
    Bugger. I suppose I'll now have to cancel my 30th birthday celebrations planned for next year.
  • Options
    Thought this had been bumped to announce this twat as Dutch Prime Minister or something. I mean it's going to happen right
  • Options
    Macronate said:

The fact that it's got as far as a court ruling is utter madness.

At the first meeting with his solicitor, they should have told him to return home and think very seriously about what he was doing, after he had popped his slippers back on and made a nice hot mug of Horlicks.

Is he footing his own legal costs? If so I'm not sure about knocking years off his age -
    sounds more like he's got dementia. What a prize dipstick.

• Options
    If a mad man is going to annoy me or take up too much of my time bemoaning what is wrong with the world, I am mad for wasting my time on him. Some people think they are the Queen, some think they are Jesus. If he wants to be younger than he actually is, add him to the list, but what does it matter?
  • Options
    Can we make this the “worlds gone mad” thread?

Children to be taught that all genders can have periods:

• Options

Leuth said:

Is racism and sexism held to different regard by some on here, genuine question. Because I see people defending putting “stupid” and “woman” together. But on another certain thread demonstrably outraged by putting “cunt” and “black” together.

If you think 'stupid woman' and 'black c**t' are remotely comparable then you're at least two of those things
    A woman c**t? Not sure what other kind there is.
    Can you lol and flag at the same time?