Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Dutch man, 69, who 'identifies as 20 years younger' launches legal battle to change age

Comments

• TelMc32 said:

You don't put your date of birth on CVs anymore and people lie anyway. Who's to bloody know?? As for Tinder...he's not exactly going to be the first to lie about his age or make stuff up about himself on a social media site, is he??

How does this even get to a court case? Feckin' nutter!!!

Because some folk are in a race to the bottom of the identitarian barrel.

The world went mental some time ago.
    The actual word your looking for here is Lawyers...
    I see where you're coming from but identity politics isn't being driven by lawyers.
  • I'm a thin good looking man trapped in a fat ugly mans' body..... can i have industrial liposuction and facial reconstruction on the NHS please?
  • edited November 2018
    I wondered how long it'd be before the 'life threatening' argument would be rolled out.

It's a specious argument and one that is not backed up, nor does it decrease the suicide rate among this group, by any study in to suicide rates. They stay stable between 32% and 50%, depending on which part of the world, and age group, you analyse.
  • I wondered how long it'd be before the 'life threatening' argument would be rolled out.

It's a specious argument and one that is not backed up, nor does it decrease the suicide rate among this group, by any study in to suicide rates. They stay stable between 32% and 50%, depending on which part of the world you analyse.

Trans people: they're going to kill themselves anyway, why give them rights?
  • Whatever happened to live and let live, eh?
  • Leuth said:

Whatever happened to live and let live, eh?

You always seem to go off tack when one of your arguments is shown up to be without factual or statistical backing.
  • Sponsored links:

• PaddyP17 said:

Leuth said:

I wondered how long it'd be before the 'life threatening' argument would be rolled out.

It's a specious argument and one that is not backed up, nor does it decrease the suicide rate among this group, by any study in to suicide rates. They stay stable between 32% and 50%, depending on which part of the world you analyse.

Yeah, because that's what I said, right?

Your stance on the matter doesn't help those you seek to argue for.

So long as you feel woke, though.
    BBW, why do you *constantly* accuse Leuth (mainly), myself (sometimes), SD (probably), and whoever else of wanting to parade the fact that they're so transtrender or whatever the fuck, or just generally trying to be hip and cool in their world view?

Have you ever considered that, you know, we actually give a fuck?

Because we do.

I'm going to borrow some words that Leuth wrote, and are articulated far better than I probably could, from one of your own threads that you ran away from when I actually attempted to engage you in discourse. (This was regarding trans people on the "Feminism is the new masculinity..." thread.)

"Well, for a start, my trendy opinions aren't even that trendy. You may notice that the majority of this board is sympathetic to at least a moderate view if not one fully opposed to mine on a great number of issues. I'm not doing this to fit in or to appeal to an echo-chamber of trendy lefties. Would I be posting to CL at all if that was my goal? Woo, SD and Paddy liked my posts again! Go me! Nah, it's not done out of a concern for optics. I know I'm going to get dumped on when I take this position. I do it because it invariably involves standing up for people who are vulnerable. People with a statistically enormous chance of suicide and a history of suffering society's ostracism, hatred and misunderstanding. It genuinely sickens me to see anybody marginalised like this, told they're a threat to 'real' women when they're simply trying to live. And so I have to play my part each time, because I can't stand to see the accepted wisdom of bigots prosper."

----------------------
    Gauntlet....well and truly....DOWN.
  • Leuth said:

Trans people do have rights but some of the changes in the law that are being demanded impinge on other people's rights (particularly women's). It's not a black and white issue and no amount of hyperbole is going to change that.
    Now lets bring race into the mix :expressionless: this thread has potential....

PS- just twisting things
  • Oh hey, what he said. Wait, what I said
  • Leuth said:

Oh hey, what he said. Wait, what I said

You do words good I do memory good ok
  • This thread is gold
  • It's nice to have Paddy on my team IN LIFE AS IN SPORT. Rainbow kit for next season, yeah?
  • Leuth said:

Trans people do have rights but some of the changes in the law that are being demanded impinge on other people's rights (particularly women's). It's not a black and white issue and no amount of hyperbole is going to change that.
    Now lets bring race into the mix :expressionless: this thread has potential....

PS- just twisting things
    Fun isn't it 😀.
  • Leuth said:

It's nice to have Paddy on my team IN LIFE AS IN SPORT. Rainbow kit for next season, yeah?

Yes. (Sort of.)

I've purchased some rainbow-coloured headbands to keep my hair out of my face when bowling, so I'll lend you one too. They're magnificent.
  • Sponsored links:

• Croydon said:

PaddyP17 said:

Leuth said:

It's nice to have Paddy on my team IN LIFE AS IN SPORT. Rainbow kit for next season, yeah?

Yes. (Sort of.)

I've purchased some rainbow-coloured headbands to keep my hair out of my face when bowling, so I'll lend you one too. They're magnificent.
    'Things I never thought I'd read on a football forum'

why not? Generalisation these days pfft....
  • I swear we'll get more wickets thanks to enraged batsmen. Either that or we'll get hit for more sixes
  • edited November 2018
    So much diversion on here.

As for not caring, caring also includes recognising that current methods of 'giving a fuck' don't actually contribute to the goals we (edited so as not to be accused of not caring) seek.
  • Superb, top quality trolling from the fella
  • So much diversion on here.

As for not caring, caring also includes recognising that current methods of 'giving a fuck' don't actually contribute to the goals we (edited so as not to be accused of not caring) seek.

If I may - why comment something as unhelpful - and diverting - as "So long as you feel woke, though", then?

Why make it personal?
  • I can see one pot on here desperately trying to self identify as a kettle.
  • edited November 2018
    PaddyP17 said:

So much diversion on here.

If I may - why comment something as unhelpful - and diverting - as "So long as you feel woke, though", then?

Why make it personal?
    Fair question @PaddyP17 . If I see someone rallying for a cause but their desired methods aren't backed up by factual data/research then I, maybe wrongly, conclude that the person in question isn't rallying for the betterment of the situation. I see that as virtue signalling.

Look, I'm not without fault. I get that. This is a sensitive subject that I believe needs to be thoroughly researched before implementing anything that at best maintains the current norm.
  • TelMc32 said:

You don't put your date of birth on CVs anymore and people lie anyway. Who's to bloody know?? As for Tinder...he's not exactly going to be the first to lie about his age or make stuff up about himself on a social media site, is he??

How does this even get to a court case? Feckin' nutter!!!