Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post match views: Walsall v Charlton

Comments

• Options
    Players go to crowd after final whistle las night.
  • Options
    Well done to all concerned. Back in a play-off spot. If we maintain this and strengthen in January I'd be a bit optimistic about promotion.
  • Options
    Strange how we were so good in September, poor in October, but have now started November with 2 wins!
  • Options
    Comments from Dean Keates last night

https://www.expressandstar.com/top-stories/sport/2018/11/06/dean-keates-walsall-need-to-get-back-to-basics/

Interesting how he felt that they should have had a penalty against Cullen when their own U23 Manager on commentary said he wouldnt have given it in a training game
  • Options
    Just re-read my post from lat night and edited it, will teach me for typing on my phone while having a Brad.
  • Options

Just re-read my post from lat night and edited it, will teach me for typing on my phone while having a Brad.

TMI mate!

• Options
    Comfortably in control for the vast majority of last night's game. A number of quality performances from Cullen, Bielik, Taylor down the spine of the team to really drive us forward. Thought we looked like a proper team whereas Walsall looked tame to say the least. Some good football at times and some direct play too. Taylor safely put away the penalty and won the corner with some clever play which we then converted from.

There was one ten minute spell where we gave away a number of free kicks rather unnecessarily and allowed them to whip a few balls in to the box, most of which were headed away by the CBs easily, and one shot which was well saved by Steer. In recent times we maybe would have buckled in those last 20 mins and maybe conceded then had a very nervy end of the game, but Bowyer's subs were very astute. They encouraged the team to bring the ball back down to feet and outplay the opposition again, Lapslie and Marshall were knocking the ball around well for the last 10/15 and created a couple of good chances.

Strangely, it was an enjoyable watch last night :smile: That said we will need to make sure the key players get the opportunity to recover in the next couple weeks to be fit again for the next league game. Its especially annoying that Cullen got injured as he was a level above yesterday.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    I like Lapslie. Whilst I had Cullen as man of the match yesterday, if Lapslie got a couple of games during his recuperation, it wouldn't be terrible. From post match comments, not sure Bowyer still gets that our best full back combination is Solly on the right and Sarr on the left!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I like Lapslie. Whilst I had Cullen as man of the match yesterday, if Lapslie got a couple of games during his recuperation, it wouldn't be terrible. From post match comments, not sure Bowyer still gets that our best full back combination is Solly on the right and Sarr on the left!

Lapslie put in a very good showing last night, they barely touched the ball last night once he came on. Smart sub by Bowyer, but I'm not upset at the idea of Lapslie playing more games. He's more than ready.
  • Options
    great win .. we're back in the play off zone and we want to stay there or, of course, get into the top 2
  • Options

Lapslie put in a very good showing last night, they barely touched the ball last night once he came on. Smart sub by Bowyer, but I'm not upset at the idea of Lapslie playing more games. He's more than ready.
    agreed he did well when he come on doing what he does best snuffing out anything and being busy.

Against Coventry when he come on to do this job i felt he failed and let runners go for the goals or left as exposed down his side but i am sure he learned from that.
  • Options

agreed he did well when he come on doing what he does best snuffing out anything and being busy.

Against Coventry when he come on to do this job i felt he failed and let runners go for the goals or left as exposed down his side but i am sure he learned from that.
    I'm a huge fan of George and noticed this last night and what you say against Coventry too

Hopefully it is a case of him learning rather than it being a completely different game to come into

i.e. Coventry were going for it, Walsall werent so much (despite finally raising their game around the 80th min)
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Cafc43v3r said:

Dazzler21 said:

2 dislocated shoulders in one game? FFS REALLY?!

Sounds like Bryan Robson back in the day...
    Derek Ufton, surely.
    It's one of those injuries that once you've had one you become much more susceptible to getting more.

Didn't Chris Iwelumo have so many that he popped his arm back in himself mid game for us once and played on, or am I imagining that?
    I thought that was Ricardo Fuller?
    Yes you’re right. I was pretty sure it had happened, just my memory was hazy on to whom and when it happened.
  • Options

great win .. we're back in the play off zone and we want to stay there or, of course, get into the top 2

Please, please top 2! Hate the anxiety, stress and inevitable disappointment of the play-offs...
  • Options
    cafc-west said:

Please, please top 2! Hate the anxiety, stress and inevitable disappointment of the play-offs...
    I think Top 2 is going to be difficult with our squad. Playoffs are the minimum we should be achieving though, and there's no reason why we can't win them, especially with the experience gained from last season
  • Options

cafc-west said:

I think Top 2 is going to be difficult with our squad. Playoffs are the minimum we should be achieving though, and there's no reason why we can't win them, especially with the experience gained from last season
    Completely agree with this (unfortunately) that top 2 looks unlikely although we are currently only 7 points of second place. Not sure if last year's experience will help much - it's largely a different set of players (without checking exactly) and the play-offs are such a lottery. Have a bad day, bit of bad luck or come up against an under performing team who have a good day - and its over...
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Top two will be impossible... Sunderland | Portsmouth | Barnsley two of them if not all three are guaranteed to finish above us I think

I'll be disappointed though if we have to struggle to get over the Play-Off line like we did last year though

Regardless though we cant start to think about where we may finish anywhere in the table until we're past the Transfer Window as I just dont trust the Belgian bastard
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How much bad luck do we get in injuries?Cullen, JFC, Reeves, Clarke and that’s just the centre mids ffs, all players that would walk into most sides in this division and some in th Championship.
  • Options
  • Options
    Jason Pearce

Verified account

@jpearce05
    18h18 hours ago
    More
    Proper performance from the lads. Back to back wins and clean sheets. Thanks to the fans that travelled. 👌🏻 #ontothenextone #cafc #coyr 🔴⚪️
  • Options
    Joe Aribo

@J_Aribo19
    17h17 hours ago
    More
    Aayyy back to back wins!😜#CAFC

• Options
    Aayyy indeed, Joe boy