Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post match views: Walsall v Charlton

Comments

• I suppose it's positive (in relative terms) that only Igor has gone to hospital
  • I suppose it's positive (in relative terms) that only Igor has gone to hospital
    His happened in the first half though so could send him to Hospital and get him back before the coach leaves for London
    His happened in the first half though so could send him to Hospital and get him back before the coach leaves for London
    He’ll be six hours in A & E
  • Are some of our players made of paper, Christ, Igor has some shit luck !
    On the plus, it sounds like we were comfortable and a clean sheet as well means a good Tuesday !
    Onwards and upwards
    Well done Bowyer and the lads.
    COYR.
  • Not sure, ajose on top form not as good as Vetokele top form but Ajose is in last chance saloon and Bowyer may get something out of him if he is needed
  • Dazzler21 said:

2 dislocated shoulders in one game? FFS REALLY?!

Sounds like Bryan Robson back in the day...
  • We were a class apart to be honest.
  • A good 3 points but how can we keep getting injuries every game. Didn't Shrewsbury play the same team 10 matches in a row last season on their way to the play offs.
    We can't play the same team 2 matches in a row.
    The only good news is Taylor getting booked he can now have 21 days rest before the Burton away game.
    Bowyer and Jackson are doing a great job considering the bizarre events off the field and the injury prone squad on the field.
    I can see a very young team playing on Saturday,
    To be honest, Igor may as well stay there. He'll just end back there in a few months anyway
  • He has been very unlucky for us but I think that’s a bit much.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2018
    Think we can recall Umerah. Only 1 in 3 and three levels down but offers a bit of brute force that Karlan could feed off.
  • Yes !!! Back on.
    Great news to wake up to.
    Back in the mix.
    Who knows, may get up for next 2:45am kick off...
    COYR
  • A good 3 points but how can we keep getting injuries every game. Didn't Shrewsbury play the same team 10 matches in a row last season on their way to the play offs.
    We can't play the same team 2 matches in a row.
    The only good news is Taylor getting booked he can now have 21 days rest before the Burton away game.
    Bowyer and Jackson are doing a great job considering the bizarre events off the field and the injury prone squad on the field.
    I can see a very young team playing on Saturday,

*Sunday.

• I can see a very young team playing on Saturday,

It's on Sunday v Mansfield, 12.45 ko

• How often do we have a comfortable win like this.
    Oh wait, two dislocated shoulders will take the gloss off.
  • Great result, Well done to the boys. COYR!! We are on our way back, we on our way back....!
  • Article just put up on the OS:

"Bowyer explains why goalscorer Lyle Taylor was able to start today's game against Walsall,etc"

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5be2120da393b/bowyer-explains-why-goalscorer-lyle-taylor-was-able-to-start-todays-game-against-walsall

• Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:

Dazzler21 said:

2 dislocated shoulders in one game? FFS REALLY?!

Sounds like Bryan Robson back in the day...
    Derek Ufton, surely.
  • 2 x players out...I’m sure Roland will provide LB with financial support for a couple of loanees. It’s RD’s financial acumen and football knowledge that will enable the ream to march towards the promise land, securing the sale of the club at the beginning of the new year at a price that meets his estimation.
  • Thought Cullen was terrific tonight and will be missed
  • Yo
    Solidgone said:

2 x players out...I’m sure Roland will provide LB with financial support for a couple of loanees. It’s RD’s financial acumen and football knowledge that will enable the ream to march towards the promise land, securing the sale of the club at the beginning of the new year at a price that meets his estimation.

You have had a few then ? ;-)
  • Cracking match thread tonight, really enjoyed following it. Thanks everyone, in particular @ross1
  • Home from Mr F's birthday treat of an evening with Alistair McGowan & the superb Jasper Carrott in Tunbridge Wells to the brilliant news of another 3 points on the road.

Well done to all concerned both on & off the pitch.

Onwards & upwards.
  • Scoham said:

Watching on iFollow it looked more like a 4-4-2 tonight with Fosu cutting in from the left and Pratley on the right. Cullen played fairly deep making it look like a diamond at times with Aribo usually the one that pushed forward.

Like Saturday a comfortable win, but I still feel we need to be scoring more goals. We’re getting a lot of penaltibig improvement on last season. Pleased to see us score another from a corner again as well, another weakness last season. On the other hand we don’t ever look like scoring some of the long range or individual efforts that we did last season.

I think what would really improve us is a good attacking wing back (or even two). Page was decent in that role when he was fit. Solly, Sarr and Dijksteel don’t really offer that, at least not consistently enough. When he’s ready I’d also like to see what Clarke can offer at the top of the diamond, where he’s a much more natural option than Ward or Fosu. If he can get back to the level he was I think he’ll find playing behind Grant and Taylor much easier than trying to play behind a lone Magennis.

More width, pace and crossing threat from the wing backs and creativity from that attacking midfield position could make a big difference to this team.<

Marshall was player of the season 2 years ago for Bradford doing just that, in their play off season.

No idea what happened to him though...

Hardly ever puts a cross in, hardly ever plays :-)