Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

IPA

2»

Comments

• Or we could just read the beer thread.
  • MrOneLung said:

Or we could just read the beer thread.

That’s for general beer.
    Need threads for sours, Saisons, stouts, etc
  • ct_addick said:

Tree House here in Massachusetts.....fantastic stuff

Looks great and brewed in Charlton what’s not to like
    @ct_addick what do you pay a pint over there for this type of beer?
    Had any Jester King?
    Most of the breweries are in the $5 - $6 for a 16oz can. I’ve never seen Tree House in a bar, at least not around Boston.

Locally top dog is Trillium. On Draft $8 - $10 for 12oz.

Plenty of other good breweries around here though.
  • edited November 2018

ct_addick said:

Tree House here in Massachusetts.....fantastic stuff

Looks great and brewed in Charlton what’s not to like
    @ct_addick what do you pay a pint over there for this type of beer?
    Had any Jester King?
    Yes brewed in Charlton, MA. Tree House does not distribute so you have to go to Brewery and purchase in cans or they do pours (pints) as well. Most of the IPA’s are $3.50 - $5 per 16 oz can with their stouts more expensive. Would recommend a visit if ever in this next of the woods. I have also heard Trillium in Canton, MA is good as well which is nearer to Boston. Two Roads here in CT is good as well. If you were to buy a good IPA in a bar expect to pay $6 - $8 a pint.
  • Shepherd Neame do Bear Island East Coast Pale Ale which I like.

Also Shipyards APA ( I know not IPA) is good and only £2.49 in Spoons.

Was at York races the other week and had Theakstons Pale Ale, again a very nice pint.
  • Really enjoying Hazy Daze session IPA by London Beer Factory at the moment, wouldn’t necessarily call it an IPA in the traditional sense though. More of an APA as are all the similar types. It’s a fantastic time for beers.
  • its a pale ale but i love brewdog dead pony club.
  • I know I'll get some stick because these are fairly mainstream now but Brewdog Dead Pony Club and Beavertown Neck Oil Session IPA are my absolute favourites, around 3.8%ish.
    Can have 2-3 pints in an afternoon/evening without feeling I've been smashed over the head with a sledgehammer as I go home.

Tried the Brewdog Jackhammer last week, 7.something%, jeez. Reminded me of drinking Special Brew when I was about 15.

The Star and Garter at Bromley is very good for IPAs, they usually have a good selection on draught. Tried about 3 different ones on Sunday afternoon, can't remember their names though. I know I had a Beavertown Gamma Ray at some point, think it was about 5ish% but I thought that was a little too hoppy for me.
  • JohnBoyUK said:

I know I'll get some stick because these are fairly mainstream now but Brewdog Dead Pony Club and Beavertown Neck Oil Session IPA are my absolute favourites, around 3.8%ish.
    Can have 2-3 pints in an afternoon/evening without feeling I've been smashed over the head with a sledgehammer as I go home.

Tried the Brewdog Jackhammer last week, 7.something%, jeez. Reminded me of drinking Special Brew when I was about 15.

The Star and Garter at Bromley is very good for IPAs, they usually have a good selection on draught. Tried about 3 different ones on Sunday afternoon, can't remember their names though. I know I had a Beavertown Gamma Ray at some point, think it was about 5ish% but I thought that was a little too hoppy for me.

talking of brewdog there newest london edition monument way is brilliant, good drink up after work on a friday and not a huge dickhead ratio

• talking of brewdog there newest london edition monument way is brilliant, good drink up after work on a friday and not a huge dickhead ratio

Ah, didn't even know it was there. Thats good to know.
    Attempted to go to the one in Canary Wharf the other night and couldn't even get in the door it was so packed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Has anyone on here tried Election Fraud IPA?
  • JohnBoyUK said:

I know I'll get some stick because these are fairly mainstream now but Brewdog Dead Pony Club and Beavertown Neck Oil Session IPA are my absolute favourites, around 3.8%ish.

Neck Oil is one of my faves.

It will be one of the stadium draft beers at the new WHL......how the other half live.
  • Is it a reflection of how poor the beer must be if it needs a daft name to help sell it rather than have the brewers name and proudly declare it is an IPA ?
  • sam3110 said:

Has anyone on here tried Election Fraud IPA?

Have they got one called Brexit Referendum IPA? :neutral:

• Yes, they're having a vote on how good/bad it is.
  • I love Kelham Island beers. Pale Rider was one of the first of its type (golden ale/IPA) in the UK. Even older, and another classic is Hop Back Summer Lightning.
  • Four Pure and Five Point breweries turn out very decent beers. Both decent London brewers. My favourite though i sBeavertown up over in Tottenham and as already mentioned do Neck Oil and Gamma Ray which i could drink forever and a day. the cans may look 'kiddy' but the product is very much worth trying out, There has never been a better time for choices of beer in pubs and off-licences. I grew up going to pubs which only ever served Fosters, Stella, Guinness and Strongbow. That thought depresses me.
  • If anyone visits Bridport or Lyme Regis the best beer is the Palmers 200 (brewed in Bridport for the last 200 years I believe). It's jealously guarded by Palmers and pubs in the area must pass a quality control visit from Palmers before they are allowed to stock it.
  • JohnBoyUK said:

That'll be a proper IPA, much of what is sold nowadays as IPA isn't really strong enough to count.
  • Sponsored links:

• Had 3 pints of Proper Job in the Railway at Blackheath yesterday....very nice.
  • At work we had beers in the boardroom this afternoon where manager makes a speech about what’s happened last month and plans for next month whilst we have a few beers / wine etc.

One of the beers was Sainsbury’s Taste the Difference IPA (5.9%) and it was surprisingly nice.
    Could only have one though as driving later.