Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Walsall v Charlton | Tue 06 Nov | 7:45pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Taylor needs to play for a while to get a yellow card so that he will be suspended for the cup game

Yellow cards are now competition specific. You can’t be banned from an FA Cup game for bookings in the league any more.
    Balls but sensible change of the rules
  • 2-1 Charlton

I do think that we will see a different formation tonight instead of the narrow four in midfield. Would happily see Marshall come in on the left and help Naby at left back.

Steer

Solly, Pearce, Beliek, Sarr

Fosu Aribo Pratley Marshall

Igor and Grant
  • 2-1 Charlton

I do think that we will see a different formation tonight instead of the narrow four in midfield. Would happily see Marshall come in on the left and help Naby at left back.

Steer

Igor and Grant

Cullen will play.
  • No Reeves or Dijksteel. Both out with Hamstring injuries
  • Charlton’s injury woes have deepened ahead of tonight’s League One trip to Walsall – with Ben Reeves and Anfernee Dijksteel both ruled out with hamstring injuries.

The Addicks, who can move back into the play-off places with a win, will also be without striker Lyle Taylor (stomach).

Left-back Toby Stevenson, who scored a hat-trick on his senior debut in the EFL Trophy thrashing of Stevenage, trained with the first team on Sunday.

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/double-injury-blow-more-charlton-injury-setbacks-as-duo-to-miss-walsall-game/
  • Wonder if Roland has thought of installing one of these at the entrance to the Physios room?

• edited November 2018

2-1 Charlton

Steer

Igor and Grant

Cullen for Pratley and that team looks decent enough.
  • 2-1 Away win, late goal for the home side to give us the nervy ending :)
  • edited November 2018
    Another 3 players out !
    Or 4 if you include Ward who should be on the bench tonight after playing the full 90 on Saturday.(we were told 70 was his limit at moment !)
    Blond George may replace Reeves, Solly back to RB and Stevenson could make his League debut at LB. Sarr to cover if not.

No chance of any correlation to Saturday,
    Unless the Fosu of last season shows up tonight, 2-1 to the little side in the west Midlands.
  • edited November 2018
    Steer
    Solly Bielik Pearce Sarr Marshall
    Cullen Aribo
    Fosu
    Grant Igor

Philips, Stevenson, Pratley, Lapslie, Ward, Ajose, Hackett-Fairchild

Easily changed to a 4-4-2 anyway with Fosu dropping out wide and Marshall pushing forward which I would assume would happen quite a lot if we went that way tonight. Grant can also drop out wide now and then if needed.

Play well and stick to the jobs that Bows would’ve walked them through, and I think we can still get 3 points even with the injuries hampering us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Fancy us not to lose and should come away with at least a draw.
  • Taylor needs to play for a while to get a yellow card so that he will be suspended for the cup game

Yellow cards are now competition specific. You can’t be banned from an FA Cup game for bookings in the league any more.
    Thanks.Have red cards been changed too ?
  • To be fair, with no Taylor, Dijksteel or Reeves would be happy with a point. The Saddlers are having a poor home run so will be fired up to change that. I'll take a chance - 2-2. Taking wife to see Tina Turner musical tonight (birthday present) so will have phone on silent!!
  • I know it is a Tuseday night, but 250 is very poor from us in terms of attendance.
  • I know it is a Tuseday night, but 250 is very poor from us in terms of attendance.

You can pay on the night so our fans who live in the Midlands can make a late decision. Could be another 100 on that figure. With the nightmare overcrowded roads and poor rail service, hero's every one of then on a champion League night with dank weather to watch a third tier game.

You can pay on the night so our fans who live in the Midlands can make a late decision. Could be another 100 on that figure. With the nightmare overcrowded roads and poor rail service, hero's every one of then on a champion League night with dank weather to watch a third tier game.
    Quite a few of us will be watching it on I-Follow.
  • addick05 said:

To be fair, with no Taylor, Dijksteel or Reeves would be happy with a point. The Saddlers are having a poor home run so will be fired up to change that. I'll take a chance - 2-2. Taking wife to see Tina Turner musical tonight (birthday present) so will have phone on silent!!

Taylor has travelled at least
  • Always been perversely excited by Walsall.
  • Sponsored links:

• just seen the update on team news/injuries. Jeez......what training do theses guys do ?? Reeves is made of glass.

Had us down for a 2-0 loss. This will only get worse.
  • Would like to see Sarr play as we have a very small team.
  • shirty5 said:

No Reeves or Dijksteel. Both out with Hamstring injuries

I know it is a Tuseday night, but 250 is very poor from us in terms of attendance.

Does that count towards the away attendance then
  • clb74 said:

shirty5 said:

I know it is a Tuseday night, but 250 is very poor from us in terms of attendance.

I doubt it, but it might explain why the numbers are not higher :)
  • clb74 said:

shirty5 said:

I doubt it, but it might explain why the numbers are not higher :)
    What for the past 40 years
  • Can't see past 5-0 defeat.

• edited November 2018

That doesn't make you a hero Muttley.