Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Have to Respect their support

2»

Comments

• Options

clb74 said:

If Charlton had finished in the top six of the Premier League for the last nine consecutive seasons, it's likely we'd be taking a significantly increased number of fans away...

Yes we'd average about 1,200
    We regularly took several thousand in the PL to away matches at our peak (2003/04) and almost always sold out every London away allocation and those within 100 miles. We were limited to 27,000 at home. If we had, had a 40,000 capacity I believe we would have averaged around 35,000 at home which would support three thousand regular travellers.
    We struggled to sell out many games.

At one Bromley meeting Tommy Turncoat said that the board were concerned with the redevelopment of The Valley to 40K, citing as to how many times we'd fill it. I made him right.
  • Options

clb74 said:

If Charlton had finished in the top six of the Premier League for the last nine consecutive seasons, it's likely we'd be taking a significantly increased number of fans away...

We regularly took several thousand in the PL to away matches at our peak (2003/04) and almost always sold out every London away allocation and those within 100 miles. We were limited to 27,000 at home. If we had, had a 40,000 capacity I believe we would have averaged around 35,000 at home which would support three thousand regular travellers.
    Have to disagree there. Attending 85% of the aways in the money league, I seem to recall us having the poorest away support in the league. Apart from Fulham and Blackburn.
    Blackburn's is far better. I think you meant Wigan?
  • Options

clb74 said:

We struggled to sell out many games.

At one Bromley meeting Tommy Turncoat said that the board were concerned with the redevelopment of The Valley to 40K, citing as to how many times we'd fill it. I made him right.
    Absolutely this.
    Only if we became a permanent feature in the EPL could we ever hope to fill 40k every game.

I always thought the more realistic ambition was the one to fill the gaps in the South East and West and make it a 31k stadium.
  • Options

clb74 said:

Have to disagree there. Attending 85% of the aways in the money league, I seem to recall us having the poorest away support in the league. Apart from Fulham and Blackburn.
    Blackburn's is far better. I think you meant Wigan?
    I'd forgot about Wigan, but Bleakburn was still poor.