Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Petrol v Diesel Price .

13»

Comments

• No it isn't but when something is changing, it can be something to fear or something to embrace for the opportunity it is. As Churchill would say, Give me the solutions, not the problems. That is the attitude we need.

Teddy Roosevelt actually.

Churchill would never have made such a crass 'management phrase' up like that.

Why would you go to your boss with a problem if you already had the solution?
  • No it isn't but when something is changing, it can be something to fear or something to embrace for the opportunity it is. As Churchill would say, Give me the solutions, not the problems. That is the attitude we need.

Let's hope we are at the forefront.
    It's gonna be hard, already years behind China.

Much easier to plan in China due to the style of government. In the UK we have a much more short term attitude due to our constantly changing governments.

Investment and infrastructure projects cost money and that's a hard sell at present.
  • Addickted said:

No it isn't but when something is changing, it can be something to fear or something to embrace for the opportunity it is. As Churchill would say, Give me the solutions, not the problems. That is the attitude we need.

Teddy Roosevelt actually.

Churchill would never have made such a crass 'management phrase' up like that.

Why would you go to your boss with a problem if you already had the solution?
    Ok, well it was a good quote anyway. I think the idea is that you find a solution rather than get bogged down by the problem. Rather than the way you have portrayed it. I'd better even things up and actually quote Churchill then:

“A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.”

Much easier to plan in China due to the style of government. In the UK we have a much more short term attitude due to our constantly changing governments.

Investment and infrastructure projects cost money and that's a hard sell at present.
    China also has a much greater need to reduce emissions, electric bikes are already the most common form of transport in Kunming and electric cars are being hugely subsidised by the government, something I'm not sure a UK Government could even afford。
  • Diesel in Luxembourg costs approx. 1.16 EUR per litre and Petrol 1.20 EUR per litre. So, thats just over a pound per litre.

Speaking to my French colleagues at lunch today, and they advise me to stay clear of France for 4 days as there are strikes taking place to protest primarily about the price of fuel and especially the price of Diesel, which is now 1.66 EUR at places in Paris.
    Most French who live close to the Lux border nip over the border to fill up - its clearly a huge saving.
  • And my daughter tells me Petrol in Cape Town is 16 Rand - so, about 80p a litre
  • Petrol in the Northeast US, which I think is the most expensive, works out about 70p a liter for 93 octane.