Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Most Influential Charlton player.

13»

Comments

• Danny Murphy wife
  • Mr Samuel Bartram...the best keeper England never had.
  • Some great ideas. Curbs a cert as influence on the club, but as a player no different to many others.
  • LenGlover said:

In terms of football my late father and grandparents told me that Sam Bartram was the best goalkeeper never to play for England. They said it was because he would dribble with the ball sometimes venturing quite a way up the field.

All goalkeepers have had to dribble rather than pick the ball up in the area for quite a few years.

Maybe Sam influenced that. I was too young to see him play myself which may surprise some.

F

Me included. Now I do feel old. I watched Sam countless times in the '50s. I'm not sure how he influenced our future exactly but club icon? All the way. My hero.

• There's some sort of argument I'm trying to cobble together for Jermain Defoe. At least the way he left and the compensation set a precedent.
  • Nicky Bailey influenced....
  • Kinsella
  • edited November 2018
    Cliff Durandt - big goal in the last minute v Southampton at a time when we were very vulnerable. Like now.