Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Grapevine.....where are you old chap?

2»

Comments

• Options
    I think grapevine has captured the mood at the moment perfectly - I can’t be arsed - the summer coming and going without a takeover has left most speechless I think. I sometimes contemplate getting involved a bit more again on here - some of the ‘debates’ were quite interesting but what’s to say? The only thing I can guarantee is that when something does happen, i’ll be the first poster on here to know so will of course let you guys know - how about that for kicking off a fresh round of ‘debate’ - any good? Doubt it, nobody can be arsed any more
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

I think grapevine has captured the mood at the moment perfectly - I can’t be arsed - the summer coming and going without a takeover has left most speechless I think. I sometimes contemplate getting involved a bit more again on here - some of the ‘debates’ were quite interesting but what’s to say? The only thing I can guarantee is that when something does happen, i’ll be the first poster on here to know so will of course let you guys know - how about that for kicking off a fresh round of ‘debate’ - any good? Doubt it, nobody can be arsed any more

It’s happening!
  • Options
    Grapevine is (as ever) spot on - we are stuck in a Kafkaesque loop. One day it will all be over but, in the interests of retaining my sanity, I try now to ignore any takeover talk (such as there is) and focus on the positive features of the club.

I listened to Duchatelet's absurd interview but didn't follow the thread or comment, although there was an excellent critique from Heather McKinley and the Trust and doubtless from many other Lifers. I think it was also suggested on Twitter that Duchatelet had conflated extracts from two comments on Charlton Life about Chris Wilder in order to misrepresent their meaning (no surprise there).

Overall, the TalkSport interview is a good thing, as (1) it demonstrates Duchatelet's sensitivity and his need to try and justify himself (thereby underscoring the success of CARD's campaign) and (2) it holds his ineptitude and delusional attitude up to the light for all to see.
  • Options
    I checked it out ... and it ain't good :neutral:

• Options
    edited November 2018
    I'd like to compare two recent interviews at the forefront of CL concerns. Aaron Banks and Duchatelet. Both deluded liars. Both have money that doesn't seem to come from any special intelligence. Both devaluing the object of their brief interest yet lauded by press in their respective countries. Both using political influence to make themselves richer. Both scumbags.

Examples of our broken society.