Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton offer new contracts to seven players

«1

Comments

  • Fosu and Aribo were offered new deals months ago but have not signed anything. If its not an improvement money wise then I would be surprised they sign.

    Can't see Phillips being here next season as another year sitting on the bench is no good for him. He needs to be playing on a regular basis for the sake of his career.

    The other 4, possibly can see them signing.
  • big difference between offer and acceptance
  • This is old news as the article says.

    Bowyer mentioned signing up the "assets" months ago. The only "new" news is that they are trying to sign Lapslie and Reeco as well.

    If I was cynical I'd think that there was some other Charlton related news story about to break today and this is seen as a good counter to that even when it's another "praise us for what we say we are going to do, not what we've actually done" story.


    like a radio interview ?
  • shine166 said:

    This is old news as the article says.

    Bowyer mentioned signing up the "assets" months ago. The only "new" news is that they are trying to sign Lapslie and Reeco as well.

    If I was cynical I'd think that there was some other Charlton related news story about to break today and this is seen as a good counter to that even when it's another "praise us for what we say we are going to do, not what we've actually done" story.


    like a radio interview ?
    maybe
  • sam3110 said:

    Why Phillips?

    Because if he leaves in the summer, our senior goalkeeper is about 12 years old
    But why would he stay?
  • This is old news as the article says.

    Bowyer mentioned signing up the "assets" months ago. The only "new" news is that they are trying to sign Lapslie and Reeco as well.

    If I was cynical I'd think that there was some other Charlton related news story about to break today and this is seen as a good counter to that even when it's another "praise us for what we say we are going to do, not what we've actually done" story.

    if he mentions it, then we'll have to make up our own minds why this news has been 'communicated'.
  • Bet Grant will be a bit harder to negotiate with compared to doing it last season or in the summer!!
  • Sponsored links:


  • Unless they are tripling his wages Phillips would be silly to sign.
  • se9addick said:

    Unless they are tripling his wages Phillips would be silly to sign.

    Exactly
  • don't we have to have offered players u24 a contract by a certain date if we want compensation when they leave at the end of their contracts?
  • Bet Grant will be a bit harder to negotiate with compared to doing it last season or in the summer!!

    Potentially so but also important that he is now getting regular game time in his preferred position. He won’t want to leave to be sitting on the bench/playing on the wings
  • Offering contracts is fairly meaningless by itself.

    Slightly surprised about Reeco, I wonder if the contract offer has a clause covering any further legal action from Ibiza...
  • Bet Grant will be a bit harder to negotiate with compared to doing it last season or in the summer!!

    Does he still have something hanging over his head from Ibiza? That whole situation seems to have gone quiet (or maybe I’ve missed something)
  • se9addick said:

    Bet Grant will be a bit harder to negotiate with compared to doing it last season or in the summer!!

    Does he still have something hanging over his head from Ibiza? That whole situation seems to have gone quiet (or maybe I’ve missed something)
    Well if he keeps scoring then a Championship club in January or end of the season might take a punt on him
  • se9addick said:

    Bet Grant will be a bit harder to negotiate with compared to doing it last season or in the summer!!

    Does he still have something hanging over his head from Ibiza? That whole situation seems to have gone quiet (or maybe I’ve missed something)
    Well if he keeps scoring then a Championship club in January or end of the season might take a punt on him
    Do you reckon they would even if he has unresolved legal issues?
  • se9addick said:

    se9addick said:

    Bet Grant will be a bit harder to negotiate with compared to doing it last season or in the summer!!

    Does he still have something hanging over his head from Ibiza? That whole situation seems to have gone quiet (or maybe I’ve missed something)
    Well if he keeps scoring then a Championship club in January or end of the season might take a punt on him
    Do you reckon they would even if he has unresolved legal issues?
    Another reason why I reckon he would sign a new deal
  • Let’s see how many of them sign.
  • Sponsored links:


  • shirty5 said:

    se9addick said:

    se9addick said:

    Bet Grant will be a bit harder to negotiate with compared to doing it last season or in the summer!!

    Does he still have something hanging over his head from Ibiza? That whole situation seems to have gone quiet (or maybe I’ve missed something)
    Well if he keeps scoring then a Championship club in January or end of the season might take a punt on him
    Do you reckon they would even if he has unresolved legal issues?
    Another reason why I reckon he would sign a new deal
    Knowing our luck the Spanish authorities will probably prosecute them the day after they sign their new contracts...
  • Offering contracts is fairly meaningless by itself.

    Slightly surprised about Reeco, I wonder if the contract offer has a clause covering any further legal action from Ibiza...

    Not that surprising given that when Taylor and Grant are sold, he'll be leading the attack next season.
  • I don’t visit the main site so much now due to their draconian cookie usage but does he mention how many of the 7 players have signed up to the new pay cuts contracts?
  • Marshall must have really pissed him off.
  • Fumbluff said:

    I don’t visit the main site so much now due to their draconian cookie usage but does he mention how many of the 7 players have signed up to the new pay cuts contracts?

    None yet.

    LB pretty much says these are first offers, which may well be true but not the sort of thing you would normally say in a negotiation.
  • ^ I thought that, weird negotiation by Bowyer.

    To paraphrase “We have offered contracts and hope they accept them as they are fair, but they are only our first offer” is not getting these contracts signed!
  • ^ I thought that, weird negotiation by Bowyer.

    To paraphrase “We have offered contracts and hope they accept them as they are fair, but they are only our first offer” is not getting these contracts signed!

    I bet the agents loved that.
  • we have only offered these players contracts as you have to do that in order to get compensation should they move on.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Roland Out!