Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pantomime

Comments

• Options
    RedChaser said:

Snow White at the London Palladium has s very good cast, normally Orchard at Dartford is good as well.

In a recent survey, 6 out of 7 dwarves weren't Happy
    No way,, I thought only one of them was Grumpy.
    @Clb74 is too tall, surely?
  • Options
    Hansel and Gretal go down in the woods. Dartford Orchard 3rd January
  • Options
    DA7 said:

Hansel and Gretal go down in the woods. Dartford Orchard 3rd January

Our Jim?
  • Options
    For those that were thinking of going, the Palladium have released dates/line up for this years show. It's Goldilocks and the 3 Bears this time. Pretty much the same line up as last year with Paul O'Grady replacing Dawn French. We've booked for Christmas Eve, hopefully Julian Clary will be as outrageous as last year. 
  • Options
    For those that were thinking of going, the Palladium have released dates/line up for this years show. It's Goldilocks and the 3 Bears this time. Pretty much the same line up as last year with Paul O'Grady replacing Dawn French. We've booked for Christmas Eve, hopefully Julian Clary will be as outrageous as last year. 
    we've booked for opening night, ten of us, hope it's good.
  • Options
    Is that the date of the first home game after Roland sells the club ?
  • Options
    John Stones played the lead role in one last night. 
  • Options
    Hi there never been to the palladium panto in the last few years and just wondering what people have thought about it who have been. Seen fairly good reviews from the last few years. Hoping to go this year for the first time 
  • Options
    Hi there never been to the palladium panto in the last few years and just wondering what people have thought about it who have been. Seen fairly good reviews from the last few years. Hoping to go this year for the first time 

Went for the first time last year and it was superb. We've been to local ones that have been great but this was a big step up.
  • Options
    been to Dartford the last couple of years and really good fun, kids love it, but enough 'adult' content to make it funny
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hackney Empire usually puts on something very good.
  • Options
    We booked both Dartford (with the grandkids) pre Christmas and the London a Palladium in early January on our own, the wife really enjoys them and I must admit I do as well. Surprised that the London Palladium was getting filled up on a Sunday throughout the run, didn’t look at other days.
  • Options
    Hi all as we are getting nearer that time again just interested to see what pantos you have booked to see this year. Going to see panto at Dartford. Have booked as per every year to see the Greenwich panto. Greenwich always my favourite and first year seeing palladium panto. Have heard good things every year!! 
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Aladdin at Churchill in Bromley for me.  My kids love it so will keep an eye on this thread as may even do two if another is recommended enough so thanks for resurrecting the thread
  • Options
    Hi all as we are getting nearer that time again just interested to see what pantos you have booked to see this year. Going to see panto at Dartford. Have booked as per every year to see the Greenwich panto. Greenwich always my favourite and first year seeing palladium panto. Have heard good things every year!! 
    Have booked Goldilocks & The 3 Bears at the Palladium on Christmas Eve. Will also book for Snow White at the Bob Hope in the new year.

I took my daughter to Butlins last week and they put on a production of Sleeping Beauty which was really good.
  • Options
    Aladdin at Churchill in Bromley for me.  My kids love it so will keep an eye on this thread as may even do two if another is recommended enough so thanks for resurrecting the thread
    Yeah thought I would ask around now as people are booking them. Will hopefully see some recommendations and I may go and see aladdin at Bromley myself. Love a good panto. Goldilocks at palladium has a great cast this year
  • Options
    Have booked Goldilocks & The 3 Bears at the Palladium on Christmas Eve. Will also book for Snow White at the Bob Hope in the new year.

I took my daughter to Butlins last week and they put on a production of Sleeping Beauty which was really good.
    Used to do the Butlins pre christmas 4/5 nights before the kids were school aged and they always put on a decent show for the price
  • Options
    Like others doing The orchard Dartford with all the grandkids the Sunday before Christmas then just me and the wife going to Goldilocks at the Palladium just after Christmas, love a good pantomime.
  • Options
    Have booked Dartford for Sunday the 29th, always look forward to it with the kids (bloody expensive though)
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Good afternoon all, Random question I know but does anyone reccomend any good pantomimes they go and see? Anyone know if dartford or Bromley are any good?? I have heard very good things about Greenwich theatre panto every year. Thanks!!
    Seen this thread for the first time, has The Valley ever been an answer on here?
    I can tell you Elf's that the day me and the lad went to Hull and we lost 6-0, I thought Johnson and the on loan Williams were the ugly Sisters and our keeper was Cinderella because he was late for the ball.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good afternoon all, Random question I know but does anyone reccomend any good pantomimes they go and see? Anyone know if dartford or Bromley are any good?? I have heard very good things about Greenwich theatre panto every year. Thanks!!
    Seen this thread for the first time, has The Valley ever been an answer on here?
    I can tell you Elf's that the day me and the lad went to Hull and we lost 6-0, I thought Johnson and the on loan Williams were the ugly Sisters and our keeper was Cinderella because he was late for the ball.
    A cracking day out, but will go down as a very low point in our history.
  • Options
    Saw Goldilocks & The Three Bears at The Palladium tonight. Have not laughed so much for ages. Julian Clary and Paul O’Grady were good but others in the cast were better. Nigel Havers a good sport for wearing a bear suit and funny. Paul the ventriloquist with his puppet Sam were hilarious, there was a motorcycle act that were amazing and Gary Wilmot was great.

I’m amazed though that people take their kids, it’s very expensive and the jokes and innuendos should be going way over their heads.

Already looking forward to going next year. 
  • Options
    Is that the date of the first home game after Roland sells the club ?
    No, the date of the first away game as it happens !! but good try Mystic Meg.
  • Options
    Saw Goldilocks & The Three Bears at The Palladium tonight. Have not laughed so much for ages. Julian Clary and Paul O’Grady were good but others in the cast were better. Nigel Havers a good sport for wearing a bear suit and funny. Paul the ventriloquist with his puppet Sam were hilarious, there was a motorcycle act that were amazing and Gary Wilmot was great.

I’m amazed though that people take their kids, it’s very expensive and the jokes and innuendos should be going way over their heads.

Yeah they are usually close to the edge with all the innuendos but as you say it goes over the kids heads 
  • Options
    Bob Hope Theatre Eltham has Snow White on in the new year. Always put on a good show at affordable prices 
  • Options

My daughter was getting a bit annoyed when we went last year as I was laughing like a drain. She knew the jokes were aimed at adults, which made it worse as she couldn’t understand them. 

Can’t wait see it on Christmas Eve, then take her to Hamleys afterwards. 

Need to make to most of the magic of Christmas with her while we can, this is the first year that she knows Santa doesn’t exist. I think I was more gutted she knows that she was.
  • Options
    Bob Hope Theatre Eltham has Snow White on in the new year. Always put on a good show at affordable prices 
    Well worth going to, although performances don’t start until Jan 3rd this (next) year. Always like going in between Christmas and New year.
  • Options
    Greenwich on the 28th. Always a good show.
  • Options
    Going Dartford in between Christmas and new year   with sisters , mrs , our kids and a gazillion neice and nephews . I think I’m up for it more than the kids .