Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

International Cricket excluding England 2018/19

Comments

• Aus fighting back v India in 2nd Test. Another magnificent knock by Kohli - they really would be in shit street without him.
  • Another great Test brewing. Australia 175 runs ahead and 4 down and possibly 5 down if Finch can't return from a blow on his finger. With Lyons taking 5 in the first innings India won't want to be chasing more than 250.

Highlight of the day was the verbal exchange between Kohli and Paine.

Kohli to Paine "Get out now and you'll be 2-0 down". Paine's reply - "you've got to bat on this first big head!"

• For all the hype about India before they arrived last summer, that series and this one have shown how ridiculously dependant they are on Kohli.
  • Great bit of banter between the two captains....

"The sledging continued during the fourth day after the pair collided when Paine was taking a quick single. The stump microphone picked up the conversation.

Kohli to Paine: "I'm not saying a word to you, why are you getting riled up?"

Paine to Kohli: "I'm fine. You're the one that lost it yesterday, why are you trying to be cool today?"

Chris Gaffaney: "Oi, that's enough, that's enough."

Paine: "We're allowed to talk."

Gaffaney: "Nah, nah, come on, play the game. You guys are the captains."

Paine: "We can have a conversation... there's no swearing, no..."

Gaffaney: "Tim you're the captain."

Paine: "Keep your cool, Virat!"

Kohli responded with a wry smile.

• Wouldn't call it "great" banter, maybe one half decent line in there.

Found it funnier to be honest that what Paine said to Vijay about none of them liking Kohli.
  • Well I think we have just seen the most ridiculous "out" call given by a 3rd Umpire for a run out in the Big Bash which has ended with the on field Umpires over ruling that decision just as the "out" batsman is on his way back to the pavilion. But this was only because the fielding side told the on field Umpires that he wasn't out!
  • edited December 2018
    What a wonderful Christmas night for Test fans. Two matches live on TV, NZ hosting Sri Lanka on a very green wicket in Christchurch and the Aussies v India in their 3rd Test. First day at the "G" is always special regardless of the oppo.
    NZ struggled to 60 odd for 6 and then put on about 100 for the 7th, India won what looks like a good toss on a very easy paced pitch and are 67-1.
  • Steyn has just claimed his 422 wicket to surpass Shaun Pollock as South Africa's leading wicket taker.

I'll bet a certain Mr Rabada will be at other other end thinking "soon, my precious"
  • McBobbin said:

Steyn has just claimed his 422 wicket to surpass Shaun Pollock as South Africa's leading wicket taker.

I'll bet a certain Mr Rabada will be at other other end thinking "soon, my precious"

hmmm, not sure about the 'soon' bit - he's still got another 270+ to get.
    however, the thing with rabada is that his action is so smooth and repeatable, that you would expect his susceptibility to injuries would be less than the others.
    in his 4 years as a test bowler, he has got 151 wickets, so, approx 37 a year - so, injuries permitting, he should reach that target in 6/7 years.
    i'm really looking forward to the series next year , especially obviously the cape town test for which i will be there all 5 days
  • Sponsored links:

• bancroft finally admits that warner was the prime culprit for the ball tampering.
    nothing that none of us didnt know already.think mr warner's test career has long gone down the toilet.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/46686502
  • Warner makes a convenient scapegoat. Find it very hard to believe that none of the bowlers knew what was going on
  • Warner makes a convenient scapegoat. Find it very hard to believe that none of the bowlers knew what was going on

Good point KAF - but can hardly think of Warner and acapegoat together. To most people hes just an 'orrible lump of shit who deserves to get everything thrown his way. No bias there whatsoever.
  • Very interesting 1st session at the G today. Aussie go to lunch on 4-89 as they'd say. Jadeja looking a lot more threatening than Lyon in this Test, of course he has some rough to aim as the pitch deteriorates over time but he is bowling well anyway. Marcus Harris is fast becoming another international batsmen who gains the unwanted tag of being susceptible to the short ball like his predecessors Michael Bevan and the tragic Phil Hughes. He got roughed up last night and this morning and was eventually caught after a tame, unconvincing hook off Bumrah.
  • No mention of Bumrah's last ball of the session? Stunning. Reminiscent of Harmison to Clarke in 2005
  • Leuth said:

No mention of Bumrah's last ball of the session? Stunning. Reminiscent of Harmison to Clarke in 2005

He had Shaun Marsh LBW with a full pitched delivery, sorry did you not see it?
  • edited December 2018
    Bumrah bowls Travis Head for 20. Shane Warne called it a fantastic delivery but it was just a full ball angled in to a LHB by a right armed bowler round the wicket and Head played all round it and probably got an inside edge. Aussie now 5-97 and the follow on target of 240 odd looks a long way off.
  • I see Trent Boult took 6 wickets in 15 balls against Sri Lanka.
  • oz slide to 151 alll out.-india dont enforce the follow on and are currently 44-5 in second innings
  • Sponsored links:

• MrOneLung said:

I see Trent Boult took 6 wickets in 15 balls against Sri Lanka.

wow thats what i call a good spell of bowling!
  • edited December 2018
    cant stand either oz or india- so far up their own backsides, so lets hope the weather intervenes. unlikely.
  • Are the players in the Indian team that bad?
  • India 106-8 declared and have set Australia just 399 to win. Cummins finished with career best figures of 6-33.
  • Finch, batting like a "rabbit in headlights" is gone already to the impressive Bumrah.
  • Bumrah is going to be a top seamer, really what India needed. They have the batsman to score runs and the spinners, but needed that seamer to be competitive in places like Australia and South Africa, think they have found him.

Just a shame he will be wasted in the sub-continent and won't ever take as many wickets as he deserves.
  • Bumrah is going to be a top seamer, really what India needed. They have the batsman to score runs and the spinners, but needed that seamer to be competitive in places like Australia and South Africa, think they have found him.

Just a shame he will be wasted in the sub-continent and won't ever take as many wickets as he deserves.

I can't understand why it has taken India so long to give him his debut. He's 25 now and only played his first Test this year and yet played his first ODI almost three years ago.

I can't understand why it has taken India so long to give him his debut. He's 25 now and only played his first Test this year and yet played his first ODI almost three years ago.
    I have to admit I didn't know that. I thought he had just gone away and become a better player. Seems to now be a consistent threat, well whenever I have seen him anyway.
  • Between the 3 stand-outs playing in this Test,Bumrah,Cummins and Starc, i know which 2 i'd have as my openers, and it wouldnt include Bumrah.
    Cummins is a huge bowler in any conditions, regularly hitting mid 90's and is also proving to be a sturdy no 8 too (as proved in this Test) , and only 25, and Starc is the best left-arm quick in the world.
  • India currently 296-4 in the last session of the 1st day of the 4th ans final Test at the SCG. Pujara 120 odd not out, his 3rd ton of the series. We could really do with one of him!