Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

International Cricket excluding England 2018/19

Comments

• Options
    India 106-5 from the Adelaide Oval

This time last year I was out there for the first Ashes pink ball test , looks a lot emptier now!
  • Options
    Leuth said:

remember tendulkar's 240 in australia without cover drives? do that ffs

I think I’ve mentioned this before, but I’ll say it again:
    If there are two nations I like to see lose at cricket, it’s Australia and India. However, I’ve got to say I’d rather see the Aussies win when they play India. For no other reason than Indian fans. Every Indian I’ve ever known who’s into cricket talks like they own the bloody game. Yeah, the game is massive out there, but India isn’t the centre of the cricket universe. Any conversation with an Indian about any other subject is often pleasant and interesting and they are a charming nation of people, but hellfire, when they talk leather and willow I want to sling every last one of them out of a window.

...aaaand relax.
    :blush:
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Struggling at 25-3 with Kholi one of those. Ball by ball radio coverage (ABC) of the whole series on BBC Radio5Live Sports Xtra for those without BT Sport. Vaughny's managed to get himself into the commentary box on the telly. Not sure if we are getting C9's commentary or BT's, certainly C9 pictures.

Woman in the commentary box so must be BT; C9 have not evolved that far.
    New TV deal down here means that C9 don’t have the free to air rights anymore. It’s on C7, with today being their first broadcast.
  • Options
    India now 196/7 with 3 overs till the new ball.
  • Options
    227-8

Great knock by Pujara - 101* (231)

The catch to get Kohli by Khawaja has to be seen
  • Options
    Imagine rocking up at a county game and seeing Starc, Cummins, Hazlewood and Lyons (all NSW) playing in the same side. That really would be value for money but not if you were having to face them!
  • Options
    Insane run-out to end the day after Pujara explodes briefly
  • Options
    Insane as in brilliant, not as in stupid. There was a run there forty-nine times out of fifty
  • Options
    Did anyone see the video clip of Kohli in the nets on twitter a couple of days ago? Christ, don't think I've ever heard a ball off the middle of the bat like that. It was like a tracer bullet firing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Leuth said:

remember tendulkar's 240 in australia without cover drives? do that ffs

I think I’ve mentioned this before, but I’ll say it again:
    If there are two nations I like to see lose at cricket, it’s Australia and India. However, I’ve got to say I’d rather see the Aussies win when they play India. For no other reason than Indian fans. Every Indian I’ve ever known who’s into cricket talks like they own the bloody game. Yeah, the game is massive out there, but India isn’t the centre of the cricket universe. Any conversation with an Indian about any other subject is often pleasant and interesting and they are a charming nation of people, but hellfire, when they talk leather and willow I want to sling every last one of them out of a window.

...aaaand relax.
    :blush:
    This.
    Cricinfo, whilst being a brilliant service to cricket fans, gets on my tits sometimes, when you have England v Oz , for example, and most of the published commenst are from Rajesh of Mumbai, or Sanjit of Delhi, really gets to me and a lot of people, so much that its been renamed Cricindia.
    However, you cant argue that they are the power house of cricket financially, and will be forever.
    What really made me laugh, was when they rejected DRS , some x5? years ago they had about 4 batsmen out LBW v England who had obvious Inside edges - i laughed my balls off.
  • Options

Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Struggling at 25-3 with Kholi one of those. Ball by ball radio coverage (ABC) of the whole series on BBC Radio5Live Sports Xtra for those without BT Sport. Vaughny's managed to get himself into the commentary box on the telly. Not sure if we are getting C9's commentary or BT's, certainly C9 pictures.

Woman in the commentary box so must be BT; C9 have not evolved that far.
    New TV deal down here means that C9 don’t have the free to air rights anymore. It’s on C7, with today being their first broadcast.
    Wow! I didn't know that. So all the old guard gone have they? Bill Lawry, Ian Chappell and Daddles the Duck?
    Kerry Packer must be turning in his grave.
  • Options
    Hang on! Just seen Daddles!
  • Options
    Australia struggling and have been batting all day like the England of old in lacking purpose and initiative in allowing India to get on top with only Travis Head batting with any real confidence.

169-6 off 73 overs

Head 50* (103)

• Options
    India have really developed one heck of a bowling attack. Imagine this lot with SRT, Dravid, Laxman etc. Maybe don't actually
  • Options
    Australia batted for virtually the whole day and couldn't muster 200. That doesn't happen very often.

191-7 off 88 overs and trail by 59

Head 61* (149)
  • Options
    New Zealand on the cusp of a SERIES WIN in the UAE. Amazing from them
  • Options
    Channel 729 SKY after lunch
    Pakistan 55-5 need 225 more to win two sessions left
  • Options
    Khawaja 28 of 125 balls, Marsh 2 from 19!
  • Options
    I've not been watching this match, but it seems to have been played at an old fashioned tempo. Unusual for such a low scoring game - highest innings 307 - with no rain to go into a 5th day
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There's been a bit of rain! But yeah it is unusual - two strong bowling attacks on a slow pitch the contributory factors
  • Options
    Well played India, first test win in Australia for 10 years
  • Options
    As our series against SL and this Aus v India match proves, Test cricket is far from dead.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Unchanged Test squad for West Indies from one that finished the Sri Lanka tour
  • Options

Good to see Joe Denly kept in the ODI squad, as he was only in the Sri Lanka squad as a mid tour replacement.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/46511766
  • Options

Good to see Joe Denly kept in the ODI squad, as he was only in the Sri Lanka squad as a mid tour replacement.

Yep - expect Canters, TP et al to tweet shed loads of abuse to the Selectors for leaving Pope out.

Pope is still young and will have to accept that it takes years of purposeful practice to get to Denly's level of drink carrying expertise.
  • Options

Yep - expect Canters, TP et al to tweet shed loads of abuse to the Selectors for leaving Pope out.

Pope is still young and will have to accept that it takes years of purposeful practice to get to Denly's level of drink carrying expertise.
    I think Canters would be on the England thread, this is the excluding England thread
  • Options

I think Canters would be on the England thread, this is the excluding England thread
    That's unusual for me to post on the wrong thread!
  • Options

On a serious note, surely Joe stands a better chance of playing in the ODIs than the Tests anyway. I'd be surprised if we play 3 spinners in the Tests there, 3 spinners is the sort of bowling attack rarely seen
  • Options
    Wrong thread KAF