Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Helicopter Crash at the King Power Stadium Leicester

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2018

Isn't it unusual for BBC to mention an unconfirmed rumour like the manager being in the copter? I thought they were hardcore about things like that.

I suppose the worry is if there has been zero contact from Claude Puel to either the media trying to get a statement from him or if a player or staff has said something

Is really insignificant at the moment yet you have to wonder what'll happen to Leicester City Football Club - We had an owner who cared about the club yet died suddenly and was replaced by his son who didnt care as much for us
    Seems that French Football have "confirmed" that Claude Puel wasnt on board the helicopter and is fine this morning

• Options

Isn't it unusual for BBC to mention an unconfirmed rumour like the manager being in the copter? I thought they were hardcore about things like that.

I suppose the worry is if there has been zero contact from Claude Puel to either the media trying to get a statement from him or if a player or staff has said something

Is really insignificant at the moment yet you have to wonder what'll happen to Leicester City Football Club - We had an owner who cared about the club yet died suddenly and was replaced by his son who didnt care as much for us
    Seems that French Football have "confirmed" that Claude Puel wasnt on board the helicopter and is fine this morning

some good news at last
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-46006470

Leicester City, Thai owner on board crashed helicopter.
  • Options
    Tragic news...a devastating loss to his/their families,everyone associated with LCFC & a loss to the whole football community in general...

RIP to everyone aboard
  • Options
    RIP to all lost, and all affected must be living a nightmare.
    The whole football family is touched by this.
  • Options
    Sky News now also reporting that VS was on board the helicopter along with his daughter and 2 pilots. - "Reuters news agency also said four other people were on-board, including Mr Srivaddhanaprabha's daughter, two pilots and a fifth person who has not been identified."

The video that was shared last night of people walking out to the helicopter must be old footage?
  • Options

Sky News now also reporting that VS was on board the helicopter along with his daughter and 2 pilots. - "Reuters news agency also said four other people were on-board, including Mr Srivaddhanaprabha's daughter, two pilots and a fifth person who has not been identified."

The video that was shared last night of people walking out to the helicopter must be old footage?

People in t shirts in that video last night would have confirmed it wasn't yesterday.
  • Options
    So sad RIP
  • Options
    Very Sad. An owner who understood the ties between a football team and it’s community. RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How ironic, the Thai boys who were rescued from the infamous cave in recent months, are guests of honour @ Old Trafford this p.m. .. on this of all weekends
  • Options

How ironic, the Thai boys who were rescued from the infamous cave in recent months, are guests of honour @ Old Trafford this p.m. .. on this of all weekends

It's sad but world can't stand still mate.
  • Options

It's sad but world can't stand still mate.
    exactly
  • Options
    Terrible thing to happen and so sad and tragic ! My thoughts are with family and friends of the victims of the crash and to the Leicester city fans too
  • Options
    Still no confirmation on deaths and names though?
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

Still no confirmation on deaths and names though?

gruesome situation .. perhaps badly burnt bodies needing extensive forensic examination to make absolutely certain who has died and how
  • Options
    Extremely sad not just those connected with Leicester but the pilots too. Felt weird seeing images of Claude Puel on match of the day wondering if he was involved, so pleased it seems he wasn't on board.
  • Options
    It's possible someone would have been on board without anyone not on the aircraft knowing. So there could be a delay confirming identities.
  • Options

It's possible someone would have been on board without anyone not on the aircraft knowing. So there could be a delay confirming identities.

I'm sure they know, but until they are 100% certain don't want to say anything.
  • Options

I'm sure they know, but until they are 100% certain don't want to say anything.
    Agree. Last I saw of any official note was the Leicestershire police tweet asking everyone to remain patient and as soon as they know they will update
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2018
    Owner has been named as one of those who died along with four others

RIP
  • Options

RIP

No deaths have as yet been confirmed as far as I can see.
  • Options

RIP

RIP thoughts and prayers with their families and friends and all at Leicester City football club at this time

Have you got a link Forever? I’ve still got nothing coming up on my feeds anywhere
  • Options
    cabbles said:

RIP

RIP thoughts and prayers with their families and friends and all at Leicester City football club at this time

Have you got a link Forever? I’ve still got nothing coming up on my feeds anywhere
    Leicestershire police Twitter feed would be one of the best sources. Nothing on there.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

RIP

I see it in the daily mail website
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    I've got the news from the BBC website who are claiming the news from a source close to the family. They do say Police and Club havent released anything though
  • Options

cabbles said:

RIP

I see it in the daily mail website
    Thanks, just read it and saw they are quoting a source close to the family.
  • Options
    BBC

"Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha was in the helicopter when it came down at about 20:30 BST on Saturday, a source close to the family has told the BBC.

Witnesses said they saw it just clear the stadium before it spiralled out of control and crashed in a fireball.

The BBC understands two crew members and three passengers were on board."

Someone who just visited our house and who has spent time in Thailand speculated that it might be a Thai cultural thing about not announcing the deaths. Don't know enough about that to say either way.
  • Options
    I saw a story earlier on of how the pilot tried to get the helicopter away from the stadium to save lives of those below knowing the helicopter was failing. But you do start to think, oh my goodness, what if it had landed just outside with people down below or even worse on the side of the stadium itself where all the lounges are with many still inside? The number of deaths doesn't bare thinking about. Thank goodness it didn't. Just a sad, sad weekend for football and sport in general. Puts everything into perspective. RIP!
  • Options
    understand not naming the dead till the families know but cant see why plod havnt really said anything ---fatalities etc.

my wife who is Thai says the releasing of the info has nothing to do with Thai culture.