Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread Rochdale v Charlton | Sat 27 Oct 2018| 3pm KO

Comments

• Ward has it outside their box, finds Djik, to Bielik who is a bugger to type, into the box, Taylor, to Grant, Aribo tries on the edge, Dooly clears.
  • How are we playing?
  • Ward has it, to Solly on the left, taken out by Henderson. Free kick to us.
  • Free kick just inside their half on the wing. Play it short, Bielik loses it, they go forward but Solly tackles and they get a throw.
  • How are we playing?

Havent started yet... someone needs to tell them we've kicked off
  • Yet again we concede from a cross, diamond doesnt suit us. We should play a flat 4-4-2, gives the fullbacks cover and allows fosu to play in his best position.
  • Just popped in for my ritual dose of...oh fuck off!
  • Yet again we concede from a cross, diamond doesnt suit us. We should play a flat 4-4-2, gives the fullbacks cover and allows fosu to play in his best position.

Dont help we're having to play a RB on the left
  • Allegedly we fear going long with free kicks because they are taller.

Anyway, we are attacking, another foul on us, and this time we look to not give it away. Taken short, Pratley to Pearce, to Solly, to Grant on the wing, cuts inside to Aribo but they get it and bring it away. We push them out of it, Djik has it, to Pratley, to Pearce, on the left, to Aribo who is taken out but no free kick.

Rathbone to... I don't know, that name sounded weird. Back to the keeper.
  • I Follow isn't working at least...So at least missed the goal
  • Sponsored links:

• Have our front 2 touched it yet ??

We usually draw when leading.............and lose when conceding first.

• Look on the bright side , when we score first away from home we rarely hang on anyway. Gives us a chance to come from behind for the winner!
  • So many of us predicted 3-1 to Cafc including me. At least we have got their goal out the way !.
  • vffvff
    edited October 2018
    BBC saying 1-0 Rochdale.

Not a good start.

Not sure why Bielick is not playing at centre back.
  • CROSSBAR!! from Taylor!!
  • We have a throw in our own half. I am eating crisps and can't hear the commentary over the crunching.

Rafferty has it, but we win it. Cullen, to Aribo, they swarm us, Grant to Wrd, to Taylor, to Ward, to Taylor and like an alcoholic who has just checked into a hotel, we hit the BAR!
  • JiMMy 85 said:

On account of the fact that I put a really big TV in front of my desktop computer, and that desktop computer is the only one with a VPN, it looks like I am going to have to listen to the commentary today. So I might as well type some of it up. Does anybody still read the match threads? I don't know. But it looks like I'm about to find out.

OK, so I do a bit of match thread now and again. I can handle it. It’s not like I’m addickted or anything.
  • 10' CROSSBAR! Ward sends Taylor free, who hits the top of the bar with an effort from 20 yards.

#rafc 1 #cafc 0
  • What was their goal like ?
  • Taylor has it, to Ward, to Grant, good attack this... maybe not. They clear it off of us and GK to them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Apart from early ?
  • 11' The travelling Addicks are in still in fine voice despite the early deficit and the cold! 👏

#rafc 1 #cafc 0
  • We have it, building up a bit. solly to Grant down the left, calls for handball by them but no dice.

Rochdale have it back on our right. Ward is beaten, Inman is free, he gets it, we block and they get a corner.
  • 12' Rochdale win a corner...
    But the referee blows for a foul on Taylor as the ball is delivered.

#rafc 1 #cafc 0
  • Rafferty fouls at the corner and we get a free kick.
  • We have a throw by the dug outs.
  • Posted at
    13'
    Foul by Joseph Rafferty (Rochdale).

Posted at
    13'
    Lyle Taylor (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the attacking half.
  • Oxford 2-0
  • I missed your in-depth posts JiMMy85, very informative !
  • Solly is getting slaughtered a bit by Rochdale at the moment
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!