Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Play-Off Final 20th Anniversary Dinner - 9 December 2018 at the Valley in aid of Community Trust

2»

Comments

• Anyone go?

Any write ups?

Why are real fans being kept in the dark? (This is a joke)

Is it...? - Is it really a joke? ;)

• Murray said a few words there was some muffled awkward booooing

Best part of the night!
  • Yep good laugh , I think , i was completely hammered, in the Oak from 4pm
    the little i remember
    Seb looked smart in a whistle
    Curbs was a bit late , direct from airport think he had tv work in the middle east
    Murray said a few words there was some muffled awkward booooing
    basically i have no idea cos i'm a shit drinker
    The auction fella was very funny and good

Did you buy much? :wink:
  • A night to remind us all how low Roland has taken us ... Mendonca only appeared via a video link because he had work in the morning/ Sasa Ilic invented some ridiculous story about finding a 2 pence piece on the Wembley turf and tossing it to see which way to dive for Micheal Grays penalty !? / Kevin Lisbie still looks like he could be a ball boy / ‘leeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaabuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrn’ is still the best chant EVER, especially when sang to Carl when he’s eating his dinner on the next table and Richard Murray is a shameless £&?&..... all in all a good night !!

Why was Leaburn there ?? He was sold that season & wasn't at the club in May 1998.
  • Redrobo said:

A night to remind us all how low Roland has taken us ... Mendonca only appeared via a video link because he had work in the morning/ Sasa Ilic invented some ridiculous story about finding a 2 pence piece on the Wembley turf and tossing it to see which way to dive for Micheal Grays penalty !? / Kevin Lisbie still looks like he could be a ball boy / ‘leeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaabuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrn’ is still the best chant EVER, especially when sang to Carl when he’s eating his dinner on the next table and Richard Murray is a shameless £&?&..... all in all a good night !!

Why was Leaburn there ?? He was sold that season & wasn't at the club in May 1998.
    There is a strong rumour his wife works at the club.
    Carl contributed to the early part of the 97/98 season. He left in January.
  • Sponsored links:

• LenGlover said:

Redrobo said:

A night to remind us all how low Roland has taken us ... Mendonca only appeared via a video link because he had work in the morning/ Sasa Ilic invented some ridiculous story about finding a 2 pence piece on the Wembley turf and tossing it to see which way to dive for Micheal Grays penalty !? / Kevin Lisbie still looks like he could be a ball boy / ‘leeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaabuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrn’ is still the best chant EVER, especially when sang to Carl when he’s eating his dinner on the next table and Richard Murray is a shameless £&?&..... all in all a good night !!

There is a strong rumour his wife works at the club.
    Carl contributed to the early part of the 97/98 season. He left in January.
    But the dinner was in honour of the play off final itself.......not the 48 games leading up to it.

And I can see Carl being there because of Tracey......but she wasn't there in May 1998 either
    Bloody hangers-on. !!!
  • Strange thing to highlight. Regardless of his wife’s job, Carl is a proper old Skool Charlton Legend who seems to love being associated with ‘our club’.

There’s not many that do. Embrace it.

Spot on there mate, I can think of a million other CAFC players that I would dig out before Carlo.

Yes he didn't play in the PO Final, but he had busted a gut for us for around twelve years before then, so if anybody deserves a little bit of a respect it is him.

Incidentally Carl used to live on the same estate as us in Hither Green, and when we has a Junior Reds function, we would frequently get the same Number 75 Bus as him to Selhurst Park at around midday - can you imagine a Premiership centre forward getting the bus to a game now??!!!