Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rochdale v Charlton | Sat 27 Oct | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• TEL said:

If I can find a campsite that isnt full Im going to be there....I hear there is a train strike so Im hoping I wont be needing a bloody train

This is all covered in another thread.
    I am pretty sure trains to Manchester are unaffected. It does affect the Manchester to Rochdale trains but they have published a reduced service timetable
    Back up would be a tram
  • Missed this, been stupid busy with a new project lately.

Right now it feels like we play better against better teams, ones willing to have a go at us and leave space for us. As we did last season, and as I expected from this, we struggle to break down teams that are compact and well drilled. Taylor, Grant, and Fosu really need space to stretch their legs in and run at defenses, and if they're not given that they look nearly as effective.

I suspect Rochdale will sit back and soak up pressure. In just about every game we've played this season we've looked either vulnerable on the break, vulnerable from set pieces, or both. I'm afraid I can't really see past a draw here. I worry that the Barnsley result was the exception rather than the rule.

Rochdale 1-1 Charlton
  • I think we benefit when a team has some ambition to try to beat us. Ability wise we are as good as anybody in this league and better than most. We do have a fragility about us though. A good example strangely enough was Spurs on Tuesday, they were far superior to PSV but you could feel they probably weren't going to win the game. I know that fragility is rare for Spurs, but it is the sort of feeling we have to often in games we should win comfortably.

Haven't heard Charlton mentioned in the same breath as a Premiership club for many a long year, so I enjoyed this post - even if it was for all the wrong reasons.

• On a night out tonight and just thought that with Clarke playing today, he is the type of player we could really do with in the games against lower opposition usually fighting relegation. His vision, skill and positioning can be the difference sometimes. Really excited to have him back soon.

Anyway, gunna win tomorrow so up the Addicks!

Have a good night all.
  • Should be a win. 4-0 Grant Taylor Igor Sarr.

Get in!!
  • Brass monkeys up here 1c anyone coming up, wrap up warm.
  • TEL said:

Brass monkeys up here 1c anyone coming up, wrap up warm.

Shorts tel
  • Sage said:

On a night out tonight and just thought that with Clarke playing today, he is the type of player we could really do with in the games against lower opposition usually fighting relegation. His vision, skill and positioning can be the difference sometimes. Really excited to have him back soon.

Anyway, gunna win tomorrow so up the Addicks!

Have a good night all.

A good point. I thought Bowyer's substitutions on Tuesday night were quite strange. But I'm excited to see Clarke and Reeves play together. It's something that could either work brilliantly or fail. They like to take up similar positions, but they're both very clever players and I think that could help them to link up well.
  • The big pole is back, so we win, it’s simple.

1-3
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2018
    Really positive about today’s game. Hopefully, another three points to keep this run going.

0-2 Grant & Taylor
  • Rochdale owe us one for last May......albeit we had nothing really to play for & they did.

However, I think after a great September we are having a dodgy October and can't see us winning this one.

1-1.
  • clb74 said:

TEL said:

Shorts tel
    Snowing now mate! :smiley:
  • Definitely fancy us to win this . I’m going for a 3-1 to The Addicks - Taylor (2) Grant
  • Rochdale owe us one for last May......albeit we had nothing really to play for & they did.

However, I think after a great September we are having a dodgy October and can't see us winning this one.

1-1.

Where can I get that free car golfie
  • RedChaser said:

clb74 said:

TEL said:

Shorts tel
    Elfsborgs on his way

To salford
  • RedChaser said:

clb74 said:

TEL said:

Shorts tel
    Yep shorts weather
  • Reeves and Fosu dropped to bench, Bielik as CDM and Pratley at the back, Ward starts

Igor on bench
  • Can somebody please link the ifollow page. Thanks
  • Sponsored links:

• clb74 said:

Rochdale owe us one for last May......albeit we had nothing really to play for & they did.

1-1.

Where can I get that free car golfie
    I take your point

but if you spend £10k on a car & use it almost every day (say 300 times per year) and keep it for 5 years, that's 1500 trips at a cost of £6.66. Yes, take into account the cost of servicing etc (I already took into account insurance & road tax in my previous post) then I still reckon it works out cheaper to run a car than to take public transport (esp a train). No idea of a the cost of a return to Rochdale today by train but a car of 4 would probably be roughly £10 each for petrol.
  • No match thread yet? I'll put one up.
  • Pratley at CB worries me, didn't win a single header vs Oxford!
  • RedRyan said:

Pratley at CB worries me, didn't win a single header vs Oxford!

Reeves is on the bench, I'd guess it's Pratley at DM and Bielik at CB. Could be the other way around though.
  • Scoham said:

RedRyan said:

Pratley at CB worries me, didn't win a single header vs Oxford!

Reeves is on the bench, I'd guess it's Pratley at DM and Bielik at CB. Could be the other way around though.
    Club site seems to suggest it is the other way round! Seems a strange decision though...
  • Be very surprised if it’s Pratley at centre back instead of Bielik.

Steer
    Dijksteel Bielik Pearce Solly
    Cullen
    Pratley Aribo
    Ward
    Taylor Grant
  • 3 at the back?
  • Sage said:

Be very surprised if it’s Pratley at centre back instead of Bielik.

Steer
    Dijksteel Bielik Pearce Solly
    Cullen
    Pratley Aribo
    Ward
    Taylor Grant
    Be prepared to be surprised, Bowyer said how well Pratley played at CB last week. Perhaps he feels the concern is not scoring enough and thinks Bielik could help with that in midfield.