Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Suspected Bombs

Comments

• Options
    Rudders22 said:

All the hallmatks of a loony person... with mental heath issues.. a loner, weirdo I am guessing.

So you think it was Trump himself!
  • Options
    limeygent said:

This is a very weird story, and gets weirder and weirder. The bombs are so unsophisticated and amateurish, apparently, that the "experts" are thinking they were supposed to not go off, and even supposed to get intercepted. I don't think that any speculation about who is responsible is useful until more is known. Can't imagine the idiot won't be caught.

Leaving aside your inference that the person(s) behind this were deliberately capable of producing a bomb that wouldn't go off, to make sure that no Democrats were actually harmed, (which you follow up by encouraging others not to speculate on the provenance of) why did you feel the need to write "...experts..." as you did?

Are you saying those examining these devices don't know what they are doing? Have they given them to the FBI's janitor to have a look at..?
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    You can create whatever it is you want to create out of my comment, as is the norm on this forum whenever I post a comment. Fishing for "likes" are you?
  • Options
    limeygent said:

You can create whatever it is you want to create out of my comment, as is the norm on this forum whenever I post a comment.

So say what you mean rather than trying to make a political stance with every post!

If you hadn't put experts in inverted commas then we wouldn't be second guessing your post.
  • Options
    No political stance at all in this comment, and the reason I used the commas is because I have no personal knowledge that the people making these statements are experts.
  • Options
    Experts can only be seen as experts if they back up your views. Trump realises this as do a lot of his supporters.

Trump is always keen on objective reporting and thought - he's not the type to go on Twitter and talk s***. He obviously wouldn't do that as he's US President.

It's important not to jump to conclusions over these packages even though most right minded people have a good idea.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    You only have to look at the murdered MP over here to see it's not too much better in the UK.

Problem with society as a whole since the crash in 2008.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    At least it's not, hopefully, a Muslim as every effort would have been made to not cast aspersions on the potential perpetrator or their motive.

It's a time to be thankful.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

limeygent said:

You can create whatever it is you want to create out of my comment, as is the norm on this forum whenever I post a comment.

So say what you mean rather than trying to make a political stance with every post!

If you hadn't put experts in inverted commas then we wouldn't be second guessing your post.
    As @Dazzler21 points out, you used the "..." around the word experts without any further explanation as to which "experts" you were referring to. If they're the FBI ones then you appear to be casting doubt on their expertise (and if so why?). If someone else then maybe you should have been more explicit as to who perhaps? Then no one would need to speculate on what point you're trying to make.
  • Options
    limeygent said:

No political stance at all in this comment, and the reason I used the commas is because I have no personal knowledge that the people making these statements are experts.

You don’t think the US government would use experts to examine a situation where several of the most high-profile political people in the country are targeted with bombs?

Why not?
  • Options
    This is just a case of "Two nations separated by a common language".
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

limeygent said:

You don’t think the US government would use experts to examine a situation where several of the most high-profile political people in the country are targeted with bombs?

Why not?
    I've already explained why, I have no personal knowledge of their expertise.
  • Options
    limeygent said:

JiMMy 85 said:

limeygent said:

Why not?
    I think it's pretty safe to assume that people called in by US government to inspect potential bombs would probably know about bombs. Its not the kind of thing you leave to amateurs.
  • Options
    limeygent said:

JiMMy 85 said:

limeygent said:

Why not?
    It’s a pretty fair assumption. God you’re an idiot.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

limeygent said:

JiMMy 85 said:

limeygent said:

Why not?
    You can only say that, however, if you have personal knowledge of "idiots" though.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

JiMMy 85 said:

limeygent said:

JiMMy 85 said:

limeygent said:

Why not?
    You can only say that, however, if you have personal knowledge of "idiots" though.
    Fair point, “Chizz”.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    JiMMy 85 said:

limeygent said:

JiMMy 85 said:

limeygent said:

Why not?
    Name calling is more idiotic. I think it's generally termed, "abuse".
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    This forum is no longer, "worth it".
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So is it worth it or not? I'm completely "confused" now.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

So is it worth it or not? I'm completely "confused" now.

You need an expert in confusion - you may be confused over your confusion.
  • Options
    limeygent said:

Not another 'toys out of the pray' poster. That's three in the past six weeks or so.

I blame admin.

• Options
    Addickted said:

limeygent said:

Not another 'toys out of the pray' poster. That's three in the past six weeks or so.

I blame admin.

But do you have personal experience of "admin"?
  • Options
    limeygent said:

JiMMy 85 said:

limeygent said:

JiMMy 85 said:

limeygent said:

Why not?
    Name calling is more idiotic. I think it's generally termed, "abuse".
    It's not really. It's more a statement of fact than name-calling. Calling you "twatface" or something like that is abusive name-calling.

The "I am rubber, you are glue" defence doesn't make you any less stupid, that's just something parents tell their children to help them deal with it. Based on the evidence at hand, i.e. the things you post, I can confirm you are, indeed, an idiot. You can flag away and get all upset, or you could try and prove me wrong by simply making more sense.
  • Options
    According to unconfirmed stories on twitter this is the arrested man's van

• Options
    edited October 2018

Meh. I wouldn't give this any credence yet. Twatter rumours only Henners - I know you stated that already, but it's the kind of thing that gives the Fake News! idiots ammunition if it turns out to be false
  • Options

Meh. I wouldn't give this any credence yet. Twatter rumours only Henners - I know you stated that already, but it's the kind of thing that gives the Fake News! idiots ammunition if it turns out to be false
    There is a picture of the van on the BBC news story online so fairly sure it's accurate...
  • Options
    So it turns out this may not be a leftist/liberal plot after all but the work of a hate filled right wing flat-earther. What a shock. Amazing how so many were prepared to even consider it might be otherwise. What times we live in.