Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Oxford - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    Why does Bow keep taking off Reeves when hes providing a lot of our attacking threat? Cov game all over again.
  • Options
    We should have switched to an attacking 4-4-2 as it was diamond midfield vs diamond midfield which they were tidier at playing.

They were also lucky with several fouls.

We can't not blame our side though. Too many overhit passes and too often the strikers were an inch off the final ball. A bit of an unlucky night as we were literally constantly a few centimeters from getting the right touch, time and time again.

Defensively we did little wrong, though I feel Pratley was lucky a couple of times.

Fosu looked below average, always trying too much. A very Robinson signing and doesn't work in a diamond.

Reeves looked good, but energy still faded badly around 60 minutes.

Everyone else seemed to have an average or half decent game.
  • Options

Holmes is a class A bellend

Why?
  • Options

So frustrating that we can beat an excellent Barnsley side

They got beat 3-1 at Shrewsbury tonight , proving what a junk league it is
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

Why does Bow keep taking off Reeves when hes providing a lot of our attacking threat? Cov game all over again.

Because his stamina is not there.
  • Options

Very poor and dis jointed performance. ..Oxford were the better side throughout. I felt one of our players should have took one for the team leading up to their goal....we simply are not good enough...end of story.

No they were not. We were both shite.

Cullen did take one for the team... Referee could have stopped play for a clear head injury and bottled it.
  • Options
    Now mid table
    Great
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nearly had a evening off work for this
    So could have been worse
    For me at least
  • Options
    At least holmes Didn't score to realy rub it in
  • Options
    Fosu and Aribo need to appreciate that joined up thinking is needed as well as individual skills to make a midfield work.
  • Options
    Infuriating subs, Reeves was the best player on the pitch and then bringing a CB on for a winger when chasing the win. 2nd half was incredibly poor, lucky to get a point
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Very poor and dis jointed performance. ..Oxford were the better side throughout. I felt one of our players should have took one for the team leading up to their goal....we simply are not good enough...end of story.

No they were not. We were both shite.

Cullen did take one for the team... Referee could have stopped play for a clear head injury and bottled it.
    In your view
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Every time we feel like we’re gonna show we’re a promotion chasing team we put in a lacklustre crap performance in like that. Not good enough. Need to learn how to kill teams off rather then sitting back and awaiting the inevitable.

It's Charlton mate
  • Options
    Fosu once again proved for me that he doesnt suit this formation and is why we've struggled in recent games as there is no one to create anything.

We werent great - Poor Grant had less than scraps to feed off tonight so was never going to score whilst Oxford did well to get in our faces.

The question about how long can we blame the ref though is a strange one because so long as they continue to hinder us then they have to take some of the blame

(1) the red card offence for Dickie; now I can understand the ref having a word with him yet the fact he then went and twice and moaned at the lino was for me the tipping point, that decision wouldnt have seen Whyte coming on and Oxford would have been forced into attacking less

(2) As it was we went down to 10 men when Cullen, the bloke who protects the defence and probably would have been marking Whyte gets taken out the game... the fact he wasnt moving is clear reason to stop the bloody game, ref should be investigated for that alone, especially when there is so much made about concussion etc. in todays game!!

(3) Now I was loving the battle between Pearce and Mackie yet on three occasion the latter deserved a booking and got nothing, on his behaviour today he too should have seen red with a stronger ref!!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

CAFCTrev said:

Because his stamina is not there.
    He didnt look or play tired.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dropping points to late equalisers is getting really annoying. Not as annoying as dropping points to late winners, of course.

Have we won after taking the lead from a first-half penalty? Sunderland - L. Luton - D. Coventry - L. Oxford - D. Any others?
  • Options
    Also watched via ifollow in the end ( don't ask....)

Very frustrated by our 2nd half performance with hardly a mention of Aribo & Fosu, with the latter surely fortunate not to have been subbed much earlier.

Poor game all round IMO with far too many fouls breaking up the match, especially from Oxford, and too many hoofs forward from our lads.

Certainly hope we can bounce back at Rochdale on Saturday as this will be our first live game since Scunthorpe.
  • Options

Fosu once again proved for me that he doesnt suit this formation and is why we've struggled in recent games as there is no one to create anything.

We werent great - Poor Grant had less than scraps to feed off tonight so was never going to score whilst Oxford did well to get in our faces.

The question about how long can we blame the ref though is a strange one because so long as they continue to hinder us then they have to take some of the blame

(1) the red card offence for Dickie; now I can understand the ref having a word with him yet the fact he then went and twice and moaned at the lino was for me the tipping point, that decision wouldnt have seen Whyte coming on and Oxford would have been forced into attacking less

(2) As it was we went down to 10 men when Cullen, the bloke who protects the defence and probably would have been marking Whyte gets taken out the game... the fact he wasnt moving is clear reason to stop the bloody game, ref should be investigated for that alone, especially when there is so much made about concussion etc. in todays game!!

(3) Now I was loving the battle between Pearce and Mackie yet on three occasion the latter deserved a booking and got nothing, on his behaviour today he too should have seen red with a stronger ref!!

Should add the way the ref also behaved with the Cullen incident... He should be the one responsible for the care of all the players during the game yet it took till the end of his treatment for him to even bother to see if he was okay!!
  • Options

Very poor game and unsurprisingly we bottled it - surprised we held out for a draw.

Fosu and Aribo both kept running into deadends and we couldn't retain the ball.

Dijksteel was the only bright spot for me and I was surprised Reeves went off. Pratley did okay in defence.

Ref wasn't really in control of a niggly game.

Booing of Holmes was really tedious.

My views completely. I would add manager made clueless substitutions that made no sense whatsoever.
  • Options
    Very frustrating,
    If we cannot wipe teams like Oxford and Coventry away at home, we will never go up.

A very disappointing evening and yet again
    A very poor referee!!

Come on Lee Bowyer work some magic!!