Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jackson on Robinsons return.

13»

Comments

• Dazzler21 said:

So Lee Bowyer has been in charge for 28 games so these stats are for the first 28 games:

Karl Robinson
    P28, W6, D10, L12

Lee Bowyer
    P28, W13, D5, L10

It is evident from this that Robinson created no new manager bounce and Lee B has been more successful in terms of consistency.

Then I asked myself how did they do after a full pre season?

Karl Robinson
    P16, W9, D3, L4

Lee Bowyer
    P16, W7, D4, L5

Though this looks closer, Robinson had more to spend and as a result churned out 2 more wins.

I think the result is somewhat skewed by Bowyer's lack of funding.

My views are skewed by the football I saw under KR.
  • cabbles said:

Carter said:

He meant nothing to me, I don't blame him for taking employment to put food on his families table and whilst he got up my nose with his brent-isms he, like every other manager we have had in the best part of 5 horrible years, was working in an environment where he can never succeed.

If I wasn't boycotting I'd give him a clap and be done.

ooooohhhhh VIENNA
    You have a place in the band
  • Dazzler21 said:

So Lee Bowyer has been in charge for 28 games so these stats are for the first 28 games:

Karl Robinson
    P28, W6, D10, L12

Lee Bowyer
    P28, W13, D5, L10

It is evident from this that Robinson created no new manager bounce and Lee B has been more successful in terms of consistency.

Then I asked myself how did they do after a full pre season?

Karl Robinson
    P16, W9, D3, L4

Lee Bowyer
    P16, W7, D4, L5

Though this looks closer, Robinson had more to spend and as a result churned out 2 more wins.

I think the result is somewhat skewed by Bowyer's lack of funding.

It sould also be remembered that Karl Robinson is vastly more experienced than Lee Bowyer in football management. Robinson had been a manager for 345 matches prior to taking over at Charlton. Lee Bowyer had been manager for 0 matches prior to being appointed caretaker manager.

You are right that Robinson did have more to spend than Bowyer. Robinson was allowed to make four permament signings (Clarke, Reeves, Fosu and Marshall), as well as short term signing Leon Best, and five loan signings (Amos, Da Silva, Mavididi, Kaikai and Zyro). Bowyer in contrast, has only been allowed to make two permament signings and four loan signings.

It's interesting that even Russell Slade has a better record than Karl Robinson. Slade only lasted 21 matches, but if compared to Karl Robinson's first 21 matches, Slade accrued 5 more points. Obviously there are various caveats to this, for example Karl took over mid season, where as Slade had a pre season before his first match.
  • sm said:

It is pretty clear that Jacko has learnt from the one trick carthorse's inflexibility. I shall be booing as my rule of not booing my own team stopped me doing so while he was here. Not too keen on moneybag Holmes either.

Was he "moneybag Holmes" when he signed for us from Northampton? Asking for a friend.
  • “He’ll tell you he probably felt he wasn’t backed as much with transfers as he would’ve liked."

The reason people dislike him is because JJ is right that he would say something like that...despite saying when with us....

“The wage-bill is the biggest I’ve ever had, even when I was in the Championship [with MK Dons]. Is that a lack of support? The new training ground is funded by the owner. He’s a very driven man.”

• If I was there I'd have a little boo...followed by a rather large BOO...!!!

anyways moving on...haha,Cmon U Addicks 4-0 be nice...!!!

Oh n Roland please Fuck Off...!!!
  • Forget Robinson, why on earth are we booing Ricky Holmes? Unique behaviour
  • We played some nice football under Robinson, especially at first. His failings are obvious though.

Apart from the football I thought, from the outside, he galvanised the club a bit and pulled things together.

I didn’t boo
  • Holmes should not have had the ambition to go and try himself at a higher level for a bigger and better club, he should have stayed at our well run footballing empire and not taken any gamble in his life and stayed on his lower wage . Ridiculous behaviour from Holmes and everyone was right to booooo that money grabbing fool .
  • Sponsored links:

• Holmes should not have had the ambition to go and try himself at a higher level for a bigger and better club, he should have stayed at our well run footballing empire and not taken any gamble in his life and stayed on his lower wage . Ridiculous behaviour from Holmes and everyone was right to booooo that money grabbing fool .

I personally would not have booed him, however, just because it didn’t work out for him at Sheffield Utd, he thought he could use us as a fallback and stroll back into the club (documented that he asked to come back), personally glad Bowyer said no, did not show any decent form in his last half season with us, Sheffield Utd, neither pulling up trees with Oxford Utd, plus I have it on good authority that he acted the big time Charlie whilst with us and upset a few people.
    Don’t wish him any ill, but move on.
  • Fact was Ricky Holmes was the best player and scored some worldy goals for Cafc.
    His form fell away over the last month at Cafc when he was unsettled
    The treatment he got last night was a bad joke and embarrassing.
  • Definitely. Evans is nasty pics of work

Don’t think I’ll be booing him tonight unless he does something to warrant it

This isn’t Pardew coming back to The Valley

He was and still is tactically naive but I still think he did a lot of good things and don’t think he has a bad word to say about us when questioned since he left

In our league I’d rather give Steve Evans more stick

• It’s not sweet [to get a point] because I want this club [Charlton] to be successful. But I had a job to do for Oxford United. I’m really happy [at Oxford] – over the moon to be here – but I wish this football club [Charlton] all the luck in the world.

“It was weird [coming back]. I think any of the staff will tell you I left on very good terms. I was respectful to everybody in my 18 months. I treated everybody the same way.

“The people who work here are unbelievable people. Jacko [Johnnie Jackson] and Bow are Charlton through and through. I wish them all the luck after tonight, except for when they come to the Kassam in a few months time.

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/karl-robinson-on-why-he-didnt-celebrate-oxford-equaliser-and-lee-bowyer-and-johnnie-jackson-being-perfect-fit-for-charlton-athletic/
  • clive said:

It’s not sweet [to get a point] because I want this club [Charlton] to be successful. But I had a job to do for Oxford United. I’m really happy [at Oxford] – over the moon to be here – but I wish this football club [Charlton] all the luck in the world.

“It was weird [coming back]. I think any of the staff will tell you I left on very good terms. I was respectful to everybody in my 18 months. I treated everybody the same way.

“The people who work here are unbelievable people. Jacko [Johnnie Jackson] and Bow are Charlton through and through. I wish them all the luck after tonight, except for when they come to the Kassam in a few months time.

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/karl-robinson-on-why-he-didnt-celebrate-oxford-equaliser-and-lee-bowyer-and-johnnie-jackson-being-perfect-fit-for-charlton-athletic/

I think Robbo outwitted Bowyer last night with his tactics.