Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hamilton problem - help required please ASAP.

2»

Comments

• Options
    I thought this was a post on Lewis Hamilton - sorry Fanny! Well done sorting it out!
  • Options

Rothko said:

Don’t waste your shot

I want to be in the room when it happens...
    Did the advisor say ‘wait for it’
  • Options
    T_C_E said:

That comment was for your benefit, @DaveMehmet ....

Hope to be in Crossbars from around 6ish, @T_C_E.

Look forward to seeing you.

Outside collecting for Breastcancerawareness with Valli, West stand parking for my van but not going to the game. ;)
    Good to see you last night.

Trust all worked out ok? :wink:
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

T_C_E said:

That comment was for your benefit, @DaveMehmet ....

Hope to be in Crossbars from around 6ish, @T_C_E.

Look forward to seeing you.

Outside collecting for Breastcancerawareness with Valli, West stand parking for my van but not going to the game. ;)
    Good to see you last night.

Trust all worked out ok? :wink:
    All good thanks Len, nice to see you too mate. Watched an hour and a bit of the game, returned to my van to find a steward baby sitting Valli (standing by van). ;)
  • Options
    Good to see they sorted it. Ridiculous that you were made to sweat it. Seems pretty obvious that the system they have created will throw up problems like this on a regular basis.
  • Options
    Thanks for that.

I was told today that my refund will arrive in around 15 days whilst my son's account was debited for the total immediately.

The booking should now be in his name, with his credit card details shown but until he receives the email confirming or maybe even proving this is the case, I won't be happy.

What a farce.
  • Options
    Is any show really worth that level of fuss to get into? I know I couldn't be bothered nowadays.
  • Options

Is any show really worth that level of fuss to get into? I know I couldn't be bothered nowadays.

Having spent 400 pounds back in January for these sought after tickets for the family, there was no way I'd accept a refund & shrug my shoulders.....

I haven't heard a bad word about it thus far- just lots of WOWs !
  • Options
    I hope it's great for them, just saying I couldn't take all that hassle now.
  • Options
    It’s brilliant, probably the best thing I’ve seen on stage.

The anti touting stuff works, in NYC tickets go for $800 a pop on the tout market. Here, people who want to go get to go
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great that something is being done to beat the touts. But shame thos einvolved don;t have teh common sense to recognise/acknowledge a situation like - coz so many ticket touts only sell to people with the same surname as theirs and then give them their credit card for the day! Maybe a birth certificate is required, lol?!
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    There were several more twists & turns in this saga today that meant a further 25 mins on the phone to TM and a few more white hairs for Fanny.

Having sent ME the email with the last 4 digits of my credit card number this morning ( which has to be printed off and taken together with credit card & photo ID) instead of my son, whose account this should now be attributed to, my call sent a young man called Adam on the hunt for advice...which took 20 mins.

On his return his monosyllabic response to "Why the feck have I been sent this when you've now transferred the account to my son & debited HIS credit card?" was that for legal reasons, my son had to call them. Not sure how I managed to hold my temper ....

Eventually, Tim called and got back to me to say that they are unable to send HIM the relevant email as it would mean a duplication (????) but a print out of the receipt on MY online account which now has his name against "Billing information" will suffice as proof tomorrow.

Surprised they didn't ask for a DNA test !

And we thought our club was a nightmare !
  • Options
    What a fiasco.
  • Options
    I understand the problem of ticket touts but I think they have forgotten the concept of customer service.
    I am grateful for this post as I am going in December and my credit card has expired so I have a new card presumably this is a problem and I will have to call them.
  • Options

There were several more twists & turns in this saga today that meant a further 25 mins on the phone to TM and a few more white hairs for Fanny.!

Collars & cuffs.
  • Options
    Thanks Fanny, phoned and changed card number over - 6 mins in total, no problem. Sorry you had such a stressful time but thanks for sharing
  • Options
    kimbo said:

I understand the problem of ticket touts but I think they have forgotten the concept of customer service.
    I am grateful for this post as I am going in December and my credit card has expired so I have a new card presumably this is a problem and I will have to call them.

So I changed banks between booking and going, give them a call and they'll switch it to the new card (or any card with your name on) and then on the order receipt you'll see the new cards details below.
  • Options
    I think I’ll wait for it to come out on Betamax
  • Options
    Glad you got it sorted Fanny. I bought tickets for my daughter for her birthday as she wanted to see it so she and I are off there in December. Card used to pay was cloned so had to get that changed which thankfully was pain free to do. Tickets are like gold dust so I can understand the strict rules around non-transferability as there's nothing to say they haven't been sold on at an extortionate amount but really glad that common sense prevailed on this occasion. Hope the family enjoy.
  • Options
    Thanks for your kind, supportive words, guys. As always, much appreciated.

It honestly has been a nightmare but if it helps others, then I'm happy to take one for the team.

I'll be able to breathe easily once 7.30 has been reached tonight with no frantic call from the Victoria Palace received.

Getting to Rochdale tomorrow, in spite of Northern Rail's strike action, will be a doddle after all this.

Famous last words ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
  • Options
    Assume no news is good news?
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

We’re all on tender hooks.....
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

Curb_It said:

Wait for it, wait for it...
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

Curb_It said:

Grammar Police alert ...tenterhooks
  • Options
    But did they have a good night?
  • Options
    Rothko said:

But did they have a good night?

Haven't heard from the Dorking branch of the Fanackapan family but the Wadhurst ones loved it !