Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Child's Bedroom

Hello lifers,

Looking for some advice. My 5 year old son is Charlton mad and I want to decorate his room with a Charlton theme. However the club shop is shocking when it comes to bedroom accessories. Bedsheets, lamp shades, posters etc...

I'd love to have a wall print of the Charlton badge on one of the walls. Does anyone on here do that kind of thing?

I could obviously do a generic red and white room but want Charlton specific accessories.

Any ideas? Many Thanks.

Comments

• You could ask mutely on here he might be able to print the badge.
  • I was at Greenwich market yesterday and a stall was selling football related prints. Surprisingly, he had a few Charlton things. One was an A4 montage of shots of the Valley, another a bigger b&w cartoon type picture depicting moments in our history.
  • I was at Greenwich market yesterday and a stall was selling football related prints. Surprisingly, he had a few Charlton things. One was an A4 montage of shots of the Valley, another a bigger b&w cartoon type picture depicting moments in our history.

Cartoon seems appropriately apt.

• @MuttleyCAFC Might be able to help.
  • There used to be huge vinyl stickers of the badge on eBay, but they don't seem to be available any more, which is a shame.
  • Uboat said:

There used to be huge vinyl stickers of the badge on eBay, but they don't seem to be available any more, which is a shame.

This would be ideal. I'll get in touch with Mutley. Thanks all.
  • Print the badge and then cut it out and use it as a stencil, if you are decorating anyway have a good practice till you are comfortable
  • Get an ohp from somewhere and project the badge on every wall and copy
  • Get an ohp from somewhere and project the badge on every wall and copy

That's what I did. It worked really well.

• Sponsored links:

• Get a large sheet of blank board - perhaps the back of a big poster - and let your boy stick up a montage of players, action shots etc from Valley Reviews, Charlton calendars etc

I've got Charlton centenary calendar with great photos. Sorry you cann't have it though. Too precious.
  • You could rob the Charlton museum ?
  • There's a guy I follow on Twitter who does paintings of a load of English grounds, and I've got a print of The Valley done by him - only £15

https://www.jkmartwork.com/the-valley-print-4911-p.asp
  • You could ask mutely on here he might be able to print the badge.

The price of red ink has quadrupled since Brexit
  • What we did with my son's room is had a plain light green wallpaper and changed the borders - which evolved from Winnie the Pooh, to Thomas the Tank engine to red and white with footballs. He currently still has the footballs so might be due a change as he is 17 now. Borders are less work to change though and wallpaper looks like it always did.

We then put up big frames to reflect the theme - and he now also has scarves of teams around the world and Charlton/England pics as well as a signed Buffon pic we did for him. The problem with football frames is they go out of date - so it is best to have a legend theme or have cheap pictures that can be easily changed. But a younger child won't really have a sense of legends as current players are likely to be their heroes.

I'd get some large frames A1 or A2 and find some suitable pics online and get them printed. We could print them. It is slightly naughty as you wouldn't own the rights to the pics but if it is for a kid's room and not any great marketing exercise, I think it is morally ok. Especially as sourcing Charlton player pics that would work is impossible. To find suitable images that will work (look sharp) on a large print - using Chrome select images, then tools then find images of the player/players you want that are large - over 2mb, possibly over 4mb.

Do three or four of them and it turns the football theme into a Charlton one. If we sell a player, just get another print done to put in the frame.

Charlton borders or one wall in red with footballs. Bed Charlton duvet or red footballs same as border, curtains red with footballs again (we found this design pretty easily a few years back. Light shade - lots of football ones out there. Green carpet or mat to reflect grass. Wall - light blue or green.

Wouldn't be expensive and would look good.
  • What we did with my son's room is had a plain light green wallpaper and changed the borders - which evolved from Winnie the Pooh, to Thomas the Tank engine to red and white with footballs. He currently still has the footballs so might be due a change as he is 17 now. Borders are less work to change though and wallpaper looks like it always did.

We then put up big frames to reflect the theme - and he now also has scarves of teams around the world and Charlton/England pics as well as a signed Buffon pic we did for him. The problem with football frames is they go out of date - so it is best to have a legend theme or have cheap pictures that can be easily changed. But a younger child won't really have a sense of legends as current players are likely to be their heroes.

I'd get some large frames A1 or A2 and find some suitable pics online and get them printed. We could print them. It is slightly naughty as you wouldn't own the rights to the pics but if it is for a kid's room and not any great marketing exercise, I think it is morally ok. Especially as sourcing Charlton player pics that would work is impossible. To find suitable images that will work (look sharp) on a large print - using Chrome select images, then tools then find images of the player/players you want that are large - over 2mb, possibly over 4mb.

Do three or four of them and it turns the football theme into a Charlton one. If we sell a player, just get another print done to put in the frame.

Charlton borders or one wall in red with footballs. Bed Charlton duvet or red footballs same as border, curtains red with footballs again (we found this design pretty easily a few years back. Light shade - lots of football ones out there. Green carpet or mat to reflect grass. Wall - light blue or green.

Thank k you for your detailed response. I think creative art is the way forward. Shame there isn't a big vinyl to buy to stick on a wall. Never mind...
  • edited October 2018
    ChiAddick said:

What we did with my son's room is had a plain light green wallpaper and changed the borders - which evolved from Winnie the Pooh, to Thomas the Tank engine to red and white with footballs. He currently still has the footballs so might be due a change as he is 17 now. Borders are less work to change though and wallpaper looks like it always did.

Thank k you for your detailed response. I think creative art is the way forward. Shame there isn't a big vinyl to buy to stick on a wall. Never mind...
    We don't do those but companies do. Have a look on ebay!

Sorry -ignore above - just seen other comments.
  • edited October 2018

There's a guy I follow on Twitter who does paintings of a load of English grounds, and I've got a print of The Valley done by him - only £15

https://www.jkmartwork.com/the-valley-print-4911-p.asp

Just been looking through his work. Good stuff and good on him for bothering with league one. He does tend to go for apolcalypic/second coming type skies.