Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Portsmouth away (ed. GAME POSTPONED)

2»

Comments

• Charlton’s Sky Bet League One clash against Portsmouth at Fratton Park, scheduled for Saturday, November 17th, has been postponed due to the Addicks receiving three international call-ups.
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5bd70a3f03558/portsmouth-away-fixture-postponed-due-to-international-break
  • These breaks are hardly helping our poor form along. They are basically a bloody nuisance !
  • In a minority here but happy for 2 reasons

1 - I can probably now go to the game, whenever it is
    2 - Hopefully Page and Bauer will be back for the rearranged game
  • These breaks are hardly helping our poor form along. They are basically a bloody nuisance !

They're a hinderance in that respect but bloody welcome thanks to current form
  • selfishly happy with this as will now be able to go.
  • edited October 2018
    Gutted - Best away day in years down there last season. Will be at the re-arranged game nevertheless
  • _MrDick said:

My worst nightmare ... I promised the other half a shopping trip to Gun Wharf if I can go to the football. She’s got the trip all set up taking her sisters as well. Now I’m faced with the prospect of traipsing around the shops with no football ... Aaaargh :cry:

You could spare yourself from the shopping. If you are into history Pompey is a brilliant place. Not only is the Victory there but also the Mary Rose. My favourite warship HMS Warrior is brilliant. Of course if you're NOT into history them Marks & Sparks awaits!

• Totally pissed off with this but I must admit that the thought of reproducing the incredible support from the away end at the last match there into a night match atmosphere when any sounds get enhanced does seem to be something to look forward to
  • I could be tempted to this on a Tuesday night
  • Sponsored links:

• If we both go out of the cup, then the 2nd round date could still be available
  • selfishly happy with this as will now be able to go.

As long as you can go mate
  • Will go to the rearranged one regardless but really despise missing out on Saturday football for a pointless international break. Even more so when it's not due to senior caps.
  • ‘Kin ‘ell .. destined to an afternoon of misery trudging round Gun Wharf
  • _MrDick said:

My worst nightmare ... I promised the other half a shopping trip to Gun Wharf if I can go to the football. She’s got the trip all set up taking her sisters as well. Now I’m faced with the prospect of traipsing around the shops with no football ... Aaaargh :cry:

I'd call it off. The deal was if you could go to the football & you can't :smile:
  • _MrDick said:

I'd call it off. The deal was if you could go to the football & you can't :smile:
    Best of luck with that strategy, hell hath no fury and all that :wink:
  • Think we would of had more of a chance down there with a decent backing - plus a good away day for the fans, think Pompey will be there or thereabouts this season won’t be attending midweek
  • _MrDick said:

My life is miserable enough. I daren't call off a shopping trip