Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hands up. Who's got a cleaner?

Comments

• Options

Yes, I have a cleaner.

I think more important a question would be 'who pays their cleaner a decent living wage?' If you don't, but shout about unfairness from the rooftops, then maybe you need to ask yourself why not.

I would imagine most people pay what the cleaner asks for. We have a team of 3 who get the job done in hour and forty mins on Friday morning. Their rate is £12 per hour per cleaner, so £60. We used to have one woman who took best part of 4 hours and charged £40. This firm are Argentinian and are brilliant, fully recommended by friends and have been doing this area for nearly 10 years.
    Gardener is £15 per hour.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Yes, I have a cleaner.

I think more important a question would be 'who pays their cleaner a decent living wage?' If you don't, but shout about unfairness from the rooftops, then maybe you need to ask yourself why not.

I would imagine most people pay what the cleaner asks for. We have a team of 3 who get the job done in hour and forty mins on Friday morning. Their rate is £12 per hour per cleaner, so £60. We used to have one woman who took best part of 4 hours and charged £40. This firm are Argentinian and are brilliant, fully recommended by friends and have been doing this area for nearly 10 years.
    What is the going rate per shift for bar staff these Riv?
  • Options
    Usual suspects.

;-)
  • Options

Used too, but she died a few years ago. Was a close family friend so did it to help out , i still occasionally will get my sister round for a proper good clean as sometimes my skin is bad and needs to be done thoroughly.

Sorry to hear that. Not work related I hope?

• Options
    edited October 2018
    Had a great cleaner for a while who basically just used bi-carbonate of soda and the place was glistening every time. She was Romanian, had a degree, was waaay smarter than me (not saying much) and I was paying her about £13ph to clean my flat whilst I titted about 'working from home' - felt a bit wrong! Anyway, then she moved to France (she spoke about 6 languages fluently or something) and the few cleaners I've had since weren't as good so have stopped doing it.

Miss having one though. In those small bits of free time you have - the last thing you want to be doing is scrubbing your housemate's shit off the bottom of the toilet seat etc... taking recommendations for the Charlton area!

(Lefty, nauseating, Europhile remoaner)
  • Options

We had one until recently. Was handy but we had to spend the evening before they came tidying up which was a pain.

Will probably use one again when our building work’s finished.

Servants quarters?
  • Options

Riviera said:

Yes, I have a cleaner.

What is the going rate per shift for bar staff these Riv?
    Between min wage and £15 per hour depending on age and experience I would imagine. We are very much a family run business and I generally only employ students as casual labour, mainly for washing up etc. I pay them £10 per hour and they are happy with that.
  • Options

Had a great cleaner for a while who basically just used bi-carbonate of soda and the place was glistening every time. She was Romanian, had a degree, was waaay smarter than me (not saying much) and I was paying her about £13ph to clean my flat whilst I titted about 'working from home' - felt a bit wrong! Anyway, then she moved to France (she spoke about 6 languages fluently or something) and the few cleaners I've had since weren't as good so have stopped doing it.

Miss having one though. In those small bits of free time you have - the last thing you want to be doing is scrubbing your housemate's shit off the bottom of the toilet seat etc... taking recommendations for the Charlton area!

(Lefty, nauseating, Europhile remoaner)

Obviously our resident ex grumble mag seller must have made her an offer she couldn't refuse!
  • Options
    Nope
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Used too, but she died a few years ago. Was a close family friend so did it to help out , i still occasionally will get my sister round for a proper good clean as sometimes my skin is bad and needs to be done thoroughly.

Sorry to hear that. Not work related I hope?

i feel so bad for laughing, but lol

side note no lol the big 'C' best mates mum, was my mums best mate too. :)
  • Options
    Hands up. Who's got a cleaner & a log burning stove?

The answer is no to both.
  • Options
    £12 an hour for ours. Worth it
  • Options
    yep, we've got one, every Monday morning she does 3 hours for £30 - she's amazing. House looks totally different when we all get home............and then a shit tip once the kids have been there for 30 mins again.
  • Options
    Yes, two blokes sharing a flat so just does away with any arguments over who has and who hasn't done the cleaning that I know happens in other flat shares. Only have her come over every fortnight, I look forward to it as it's the only time my bed gets made.
  • Options
    well down here in sunny Bexhill someone at work moonlights and does cleaning at £10 an hour, my Mum and Dad paid £12 an hour but now pay £14.

I have a gardener come once every three months only to do the high hedges as I don't have the necessary equipment. He is ridiculously cheap at £10 an hour but I pay him about £20 an hour because he does an excellent job. Also I feel sorry for him as his name is Tim Sherwood and he's fallen on hard times ;-))
  • Options
    Don't have a cleaner and that includes the wife.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

Yes, two blokes sharing a flat so just does away with any arguments over who has and who hasn't done the cleaning that I know happens in other flat shares. Only have her come over every fortnight, I look forward to it as it's the only time my bed gets made.

Oh yer.....

; )
  • Options
    £30 an hour we pay. But mind you that is Bermuda and I live in a mansion.
  • Options

Lend me a fiver
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Lend me a fiver
    Very much doubt he carries cash.
  • Options
    Don't have a cleaner, but do have an au-pair whose duties including light housework so that sort of counts
  • Options

colthe3rd said:

Oh yer.....

; )
    I knew that joke was coming hence why I tried to make the rest of the post as unsexy as possible. in hindsight probably a mistake mentioning my bed though.
  • Options
    Haven’t got a cleaner but when the wife went away for the weekend in the summer for a 40th I got a cleaner in for a one off spring clean (6hours £60) and she did a great job including all the horrible jobs like our en suite that gets cleaned about as often as we beat Millwall.

Obviously when the wife came home to a show home I took all the credit.
  • Options
    yes. in a house share and 2 of my housemates have poor standards. Was the most logical thing to do to keep the place tidy and clean
  • Options

Hands up. Who's got a cleaner & a log burning stove?

The answer is no to both.

No cleaner, yes to gardener and also a log burning stove (and an AGA!)
  • Options
    We got a lot burning stove. The most overrated form of heating on the planet. Time you f**ked about getting the wood in and stacked, you're too hot to have the stove on
  • Options

We got a lot burning stove. The most overrated form of heating on the planet. Time you f**ked about getting the wood in and stacked, you're too hot to have the stove on

we've got one, I bloody love it.....just booked the annual chimney sweep
  • Options

we've got one, I bloody love it.....just booked the annual chimney sweep
    Agreed - probably the single best thing we've ever bought for the house.