Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Freddy Barton

With Kenneth Yao out on loan at Dartford, and Dan Birch injured, it has given 17 year old first year scholar Freddy Barton the chance to step into the U23s at right back. He is a local lad from Sidcup and has played in the last two away matches at Sunderland in the Premier cup and yesterday at Cardiff and although both matches were loses he was one of the pluses with good all round performances. Maybe one youngster coming through for the future.

Comments

• @snakedavis any idea on who the trialist was v Cardiff?

Good to see the the youngsters given a chance and some explanation for while the results haven't been great the development squad is still doing its job.
  • Freddy did play cricket at Bexley for a couple of years and had the raw ability to be a decent fast bowler. Football was always going to be his calling though - and it pays more!
  • Great name.
  • My mate’s grandson ... god that makes me feel old
  • _MrDick said:

My mate’s grandson ... god that makes me feel old

If he had been your grandson, would that have made you Dick Barton?
    You may have to clarify for that for those a lot younger than us.

• addick05 said:

_MrDick said:

My mate’s grandson ... god that makes me feel old

If he had been your grandson, would that have made you Dick Barton?
    You may have to clarify for that for those a lot younger than us.

He was a special agent on the radio in the 1950's
  • Henry the trailest was Callum Kealy who is with Worthing, was released by Brighton Aussie by birth.
  • Henry the trailest was Callum Kealy who is with Worthing, was released by Brighton Aussie by birth.

It’s happening!

The influx of Aussies is growing!