Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Espana v Inglaterra

Comments

• Options

If you're going to break your duck, it doesn't get much better than against Spain, away

Sterling looks much more comfortable in his club position as a wide striker in this 4-3-3 formation, indeed there are other players who could play that role as most top PL clubs seem to play 4-3-3. The lack of cover for Kane is the worry, the hold up play he did for our second goal was brilliant

In all honesty I am not sure we even HAVE another number 9 in the PL.

Tammy Abraham maybe? After that.....
    Abraham is on loan at Villa in the Championship.

Just thinking of English strikers, I can only think of Murray and Troy Deeney who play could play a similar target man role. Calvert-Lewin maybe, but he's not a prolific scorer. Ashley Barnes?
    Callum Wilson?
    I'd see him as more of a replacement for Jamie Vardy

Bloody fast and can sit on the shoulder of the last defender
    Sturridge is to me top of the list for on the shoulder strikers

If you're going to break your duck, it doesn't get much better than against Spain, away

Sterling looks much more comfortable in his club position as a wide striker in this 4-3-3 formation, indeed there are other players who could play that role as most top PL clubs seem to play 4-3-3. The lack of cover for Kane is the worry, the hold up play he did for our second goal was brilliant

In all honesty I am not sure we even HAVE another number 9 in the PL.

Tammy Abraham maybe? After that.....
    Abraham is on loan at Villa in the Championship.

Just thinking of English strikers, I can only think of Murray and Troy Deeney who play could play a similar target man role. Calvert-Lewin maybe, but he's not a prolific scorer. Ashley Barnes?
    declared himself for austria.
    Has he? - I know he's eligible as he played for the U20's a few years ago but other than a Sky Sports article in March which says he would need to get an Austrian Passport I cant see anything that says he's decided on playing for them over England
    So far it's just been hints and rumours, he's never been called up by Austria
  • Options
    WSS said:

WSS said:

dizzee said:

Woken up this morning and ‘the boys in Betis’ is still going around my head.

It should have been 3-2 and down to 10 men with half an hour to go. But instead it’s ‘the boys in betis’.

This is why we will never win anything.

We’re like Tottenham. ‘We put the pressure on’.

Nobody I've spoken too in person is using the phrase 'Boys in Betis'. Literally, nobody. You're the only person using it lol.

Incredibly impressive first half performance, executed to perfection. Yet you think we are lucky?

Is Betis even an actual place?

Anyway, I for one am proud of the Sons of Seville.
    Home of Real Betis
    Yes, but is Betis an actual geographical location?

Like Port Vale or Celtic or Rangers.
    The name "Betis" is derived from Baetis, the Roman name for the Guadalquivir river which passes through Seville and which the Roman province there was named after. Real was added in 1914 after the club received patronage from King Alfonso XIII.
  • Options
    Well maybe I'm enjoying using 'the boys in Betis'.
  • Options

dizzee said:

Woken up this morning and ‘the boys in Betis’ is still going around my head.

It should have been 3-2 and down to 10 men with half an hour to go. But instead it’s ‘the boys in betis’.

This is why we will never win anything.

We’re like Tottenham. ‘We put the pressure on’.

How was it a bloody penalty??? - Sky showed a few angles last night, yes all showed Pickford pulling back Rodrigo yet a few mins later showed Rodrigo getting in front of Pickford was because he pulled him back first!!... You could hear the hesitation in Tyler and Smith's voices as they saw the last replay because ended any argument.

Not to mention that lovely word "SHOULD" again!!... Charlton should have been 4-0 down at Highbury inside 15mins when we won 4-2 but we werent... Roland's dad should have worn protection that night but he bloody didnt (and no he wasnt at Highbury)!!
    I didn't see Pickford's challenge as a penalty at all as you have said. Sterling getting a boot on the foot moments before Spain got their first was a stonewall penalty however.
    I thought Pickford's challenge was marginal, if it was the other way round I'd be screaming for it.

Sterling was just outside the area, but it was a foul.

Great performance by all the team.

Looking forward to Southgate's future as England manager, he seems made for this.
  • Options
    thought Gomez was class
  • Options
    dizzee said:

It should have been 3-2 and down to 10 men with half an hour to go.

• Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

dizzee said:

Ramos is a grade A prick. No doubt will claim this was an accident too
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

dizzee said:

I hope Ramos gets a ban for that. I dislike him immensely.
  • Options
    Wow, how was that not spotted. ITV never mentioned it in the highlights either
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/10/16/harry-kane-dragon-ate-sergio-ramos-nacho-spanish-media-reacted/

Harry Kane's performance was certainly appreciated in the Spanish press. Real Madrid must surely have noticed too...
  • Options
    Can’t stand Ramos.

The boys in betis taught him a lesson.
  • Options
    I like Ramos, he’s a dirty bastard, but a great defender. A good pantomime villain!
  • Options
    He is a cheat and staggering he gets away with what he does.
  • Options
    YTS1978 said:

I like Ramos, he’s a dirty bastard, but a great defender. A good pantomime villain!

Agree.
  • Options
    Are the boys from betis, back from betis yet?
  • Options
    As excellent as Raheems finish was for the first i thought his second goal was the better play by him.

Moving in from the right he pulled across the centre backs shifting them to their right. Kane runs through the gap and Sterling finished from between the posts. Brilliant in its intelligence and simplicity.
  • Options

He is a cheat and staggering he gets away with what he does.

He has something like 24 or 25 red cards in his career, so he gets caught pretty often!
  • Options
    Gareth Southgate should win Sports Personality of the Year - I suspect I know what you're thinking but let me remind you that Steve Davis, Nigel Mansell (twice) and Andy Murray (three times so far) have all won SPOTY. None of them are known for their charisma are they?

And who cares if Southgate never actually kicked the ball in the Spain game? Princess Anne, Zara Phillips and Tony McCoy have never jumped a fence in their life and Mansell, Lewis Hamilton, Stirling Moss and John Surtees couldn't win diddly squat without their cars!
  • Options

Gareth Southgate should win Sports Personality of the Year - I suspect I know what you're thinking but let me remind you that Steve Davis, Nigel Mansell (twice) and Andy Murray (three times so far) have all won SPOTY. None of them are known for their charisma are they?

And who cares if Southgate never actually kicked the ball in the Spain game? Princess Anne, Zara Phillips and Tony McCoy have never jumped a fence in their life and Mansell, Lewis Hamilton, Stirling Moss and John Surtees couldn't win diddly squat without their cars!

They have a Coach of the Year category don't they?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It should be Lewis Hamilton.
  • Options

It should be Lewis Hamilton.

Geraint Thomas should be good odds
  • Options
    One of those two and Harry Kane.
  • Options
    and Joshua - pick from those!
  • Options
    Wouldnt say Harry Kane as people will say he's not done anything
  • Options

He won the golden boot

Wont be enough in a lot of people's eyes... Can see him on the shortlist yet wont win until he's won a club or international trophy
  • Options
    I was trying to narrow the field down a bit - I would vote for Hamilton.
  • Options
    Even as a Spurs fan and one of Kane's biggest fans, he shouldnt be anywhere near SPOTY.
    Southgate would be a worthy contender for Coach of the Year though.