Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Favourite seaside town in England.

Comments

• Options
    Hastings
  • Options

Curb_It said:

Sandgate is my favourite local one.

Love Lulworth Cove.

Can't see the attraction myself.
    Will definitely give this a visit!
  • Options
    aunt and uncle live in broadstairs do like it down there, although summer saturday evenings are a nightmare to get a bit of dinner anywhere
  • Options

Curb_It said:

Love Lulworth Cove.

If you do, check out Bishops Cottage Hotel which is on the top of the cliff overlooking the bay. Room 8 from memory has a good view. Has an outside swimming pool and a pub just up the road.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Curb_It said:

Love Lulworth Cove.

If you do, check out Bishops Cottage Hotel which is on the top of the cliff overlooking the bay. Room 8 from memory has a good view. Has an outside swimming pool and a pub just up the road.
    Sounds good - might go down next Spring.
  • Options
    And take your walking boots. A lovely walk up to Durdle Door and if you want to go further, walk to Osmington Mills. The Smugglers is a decent pub. Its a tough walk though. Have walked all the way to Weymouth from there. Absolutely beautiful. But 25 quid in a cab back.
  • Options

I've heard @bobmunro has a holiday home which is next door to Harry Redknapp's mansion at Sandbanks - I'm sure he won't anyone popping down to enjoy the views from his back garden.

I was getting worried about global warming so I sold it and buying a place at Canford Cliffs - much safer!

Just a little bolt hole you understand. https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-67613401.html
  • Options
    Cor that's a stunner. An eye watering price.
  • Options
    Was just about to put an offer in for Charlton but I want that house now.
  • Options

I love Padstow in Cornwall, doesn't really have its own beach so not sure if it counts though!

plenty of beaches both sides of the estuary and around the headlands though. Love Padstow but it's become too touristy, like Port Isaac, Boscastle, Looe, Polperro, Mevagissy etc.

Favourite Cornish beach has to be Polzeath, can't beat it on a sunny day.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bobmunro said:

I've heard @bobmunro has a holiday home which is next door to Harry Redknapp's mansion at Sandbanks - I'm sure he won't anyone popping down to enjoy the views from his back garden.

I was getting worried about global warming so I sold it and buying a place at Canford Cliffs - much safer!

Just a little bolt hole you understand. https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-67613401.html
    I that 16m for all three houses?
  • Options

bobmunro said:

I that 16m for all three houses?
    Yes all three - the servants need to live somewhere!!
  • Options
    As a kid, holidays in Folkestone and day trips to Broadstairs.
    As an adult, and completely biased as I live here, St. Anne's on the Sea, Lancashire. Fantastic and spacious beach. Relaxed small town atmosphere. Also decent if you like your links golf. Not run down like other resorts. Very friendly.
  • Options

The North Norfolk coast (from Holkham round to Cromer) is a few minutes' drive (20 mins tops) from home and is bloody lovely. The walk from Blakeney Quay, round the marsh to Cley Windmill, and back to Blakeney on the Coast Road is a wonderful way to spend a couple of hours.

A bit further afield ... the East Norfolk coast (Winterton, Hemsby, Scratby, California, Caister, Yarmouth, Gorleston, and down to Lowestoft and Southwold in bandit country) is another favourite of mine ... just spent the last few days in Hemsby but unfortunately the beach is getting smaller and smaller:

There used to be another couple of banks of dunes (with bungalows/chalets on top) in front of the one in the photo and we've lost at least 150 yards of beach over the last 30-odd years. Now when the tide's in the beach disappears :disappointed:

I love the Norfolk coastline - Blakeney and Holkham are my favourites. I just wish it was a little nearer.

Norfolk is an amazing place with its coastline, the Broads and Thetford Forest. Always amazed it's not busier.
  • Options
    Broadstairs is great, as it Whitstable.

Sennen Cove beach in Cornwall is as good as it gets in my opinion.

mate had a place in Porthleven, near Helston and we've stayed there a few times...fantastic little fishing harbour and town with half a dozen pubs and loads of places to eat, would recommend it to anyone as a great place to base yourselves down that way.
  • Options

The North Norfolk coast (from Holkham round to Cromer) is a few minutes' drive (20 mins tops) from home and is bloody lovely. The walk from Blakeney Quay, round the marsh to Cley Windmill, and back to Blakeney on the Coast Road is a wonderful way to spend a couple of hours.

A bit further afield ... the East Norfolk coast (Winterton, Hemsby, Scratby, California, Caister, Yarmouth, Gorleston, and down to Lowestoft and Southwold in bandit country) is another favourite of mine ... just spent the last few days in Hemsby but unfortunately the beach is getting smaller and smaller:

There used to be another couple of banks of dunes (with bungalows/chalets on top) in front of the one in the photo and we've lost at least 150 yards of beach over the last 30-odd years. Now when the tide's in the beach disappears :disappointed:

I love the Norfolk coastline - Blakeney and Holkham are my favourites. I just wish it was a little nearer.

Norfolk is an amazing place with its coastline, the Broads and Thetford Forest. Always amazed it's not busier.
    No it’s not, it is all truly awful. Really is a rubbish area to got too. Much better off going to Cornwall. Nothing to see here, move along.

Jeez mate, we don’t want the roads p
  • Options
    Cromer in Norfolk. Wonderful little seaside town that has a great beach , lovely pier and some decent little pubs . The crabbing is good fun too.
    Not chavy like Yarmouth , Clacton , Southend etc..
  • Options

Cromer in Norfolk. Wonderful little seaside town that has a great beach , lovely pier and some decent little pubs . The crabbing is good fun too.

I can't think of the Norfolk coast without creasing up! I've watched far too much Alan Partridge!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I can't think of the Norfolk coast without creasing up! I've watched far too much Alan Partridge!
    I think he helped keep tourist numbers down . A great place to visit but ignored by many!
  • Options
    I always find the Norfolk coast a bit on the windy side. It might just be the time of year I have been there but it always seemed to be blowing.

Can't be doing with that.
  • Options

Cromer is great, as is nearby Sheringham though that part of the country can get pretty cold. I've been there in freezing fog, when 5 miles inland there was a heatwave!
  • Options
    Macronate said:

Margate as a kid, not so great now.

Another vote for Whitstable.

Also, Westgate, lovely beach, only a couple of cafes and not much else which is perfect when all you want to do is relax.

margate is on the up tbh, bit too far out to be like brighton, but certainly has got a growing hipster element to it these days.
  • Options
    Best local beach is Frinton.
    Go there on a lovely weekday in June or early July when the kids are at school, and it is really peaceful.

The second option is another vote for North Norfolk.
    Wells by the sea, Blackney, Holkham, the list is endless. All lovely places.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Robin Hood Bay

Lovely little place.

I love a day out to either Filey or Whitby, both have fantastic beaches. Scarborough is ok if you fancy a traditional day of bingo, fish and chips and shove penny machines though it’s a bit tired round the edges.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

For a minute I thought you were paying £16m for the Canford Cliffs. Be waiting a long time to get that back even at £10,000 a "shot"!
  • Options

I was pleasantly surprised by Great Yarmouth, much nicer than I was expecting, when compared to many other fading seaside resorts
  • Options
    I have two, Broadstairs and Whitby
  • Options

I always find the Norfolk coast a bit on the windy side. It might just be the time of year I have been there but it always seemed to be blowing.

Can't be doing with that.

East wind with nothing to stop it blowing in from the Russian winterlands of Siberia. If you have never understood ‘wind chill’, pop down the beach in January with an East Wind blowing.