Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Favourite seaside town in England.

14567810»

Comments

• Porthleven in Cornwall is fantastic. A few character pubs overlooking the harbour, classy restaurants and an outdoor band play in the summer months. Not far from the Lizard and Lands End. Intend to move down there sometime in the future. Cheap flights back to London from Newquay airport too!

Got married down that way (Helston).....nice part of the world.
  • Just back from a fabulous weekend on the Kent coastline - weather was amazing.

First visit to Broadstairs and was really impressed by the place. Stopped off at Margate on the way back - the place is definitely on the up.
  • Went to Margate too today.  Half of it is still awful but it's really good to see the bits they've put a bit of money into, some really nice little bars and shops etc.
  • Bexhill was rammed with grockles this weekend. No wonder as the weather was glorious. Is it really February?
  • Bit of a soft spot for Hythe, but I'm really fond of St Ives and Aldeburgh.
  • Spent a few excellent days in Milford-on-Sea last week. A really great place with an astonishing density of wonderful places to eat, and seemingly quite under-the-radar
  • edited February 2019
    TEL said:
    Bit of a soft spot for Hythe, but I'm really fond of St Ives and Aldeburgh.
    I know Hythe and St Ives well but Aldeburgh is a new one to me. I'm going to bebe o that way over half term is it a good place for kids?
  • Weymouth, and chisel beach, so much history there, and a short hop to Portland if you so desire 
  • Sponsored links:

• I like Branksome Dene Chine, remember going loads growing up as had relatives down in Poole.

• East Beach
    where is this?
  • East Weir Bay. 
  • clb74 said:
    East Beach
    where is this?
    Opposite west beach
    Classic.
  • Carter said:
    I remember going to Margate circa 2003 with a bird I was chirpsing, a mate of mine and a girl he was trying to work his charm on. It was so hot that day and if you looked out over the blue-ish water and saw the nice powdery sand you could have been abroad. 

I remember having my peace broken by a couple of pissheads laughing at their dog farting as it let out a jet of liquid shite onto the sand. It was pretty funny to be fair but also reminded me of where I was 

I've got another story about that day that will need me to be sat at a keyboard rather than a phone 
    Haven't been to Margate for ages but was there on Sunday and it's definitely on the up. Place is slowly being done up, new shops and bars popping up and the Turner museum is an interesting landmark. Feels a lot wealthier than it did.

• Three Mile Beach at Gwithian, Cornwall. Highly recommended. Just had a fantastic week there. Especially good if you have a dog. Beach is worldy. 
  • TEL said:
    Bit of a soft spot for Hythe, but I'm really fond of St Ives and Aldeburgh.
    I know Hythe and St Ives well but Aldeburgh is a new one to me. I'm going to bebe o that way over half term is it a good place for kids?
    Its just a quiet little town full of old world charm....stony beach.
  • Carter said:
    I remember going to Margate circa 2003 with a bird I was chirpsing, a mate of mine and a girl he was trying to work his charm on. It was so hot that day and if you looked out over the blue-ish water and saw the nice powdery sand you could have been abroad. 

I remember having my peace broken by a couple of pissheads laughing at their dog farting as it let out a jet of liquid shite onto the sand. It was pretty funny to be fair but also reminded me of where I was 

I've got another story about that day that will need me to be sat at a keyboard rather than a phone 
    Haven't been to Margate for ages but was there on Sunday and it's definitely on the up. Place is slowly being done up, new shops and bars popping up and the Turner museum is an interesting landmark. Feels a lot wealthier than it did.
    Broadstairs, 3 miles down the road is very pleasant.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sandgate and little pub called the Clarendon
  • I do like Dungeness, virtually nothing there apart from a pub a very bleak shingle beach and a nuclear power station. Also good for  fresh caught fish, if you’re into that sort of thing.
    Another vote for Broadstairs. Morelli’s ice cream, nothing like like a £15 treat.

• Three Mile Beach at Gwithian, Cornwall. Highly recommended. Just had a fantastic week there. Especially good if you have a dog. Beach is worldy. 
    Impressive. How big is it?