Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Old Rockers: John Fogerty

Seeing him next week at the O2 with Steve Miller Band c/o a friends brother who's in the biz, anyone a CCR/Fogerty fan on here?

Comments

• CCR one of the all-time great bands. I'm a big Fogerty fan.
  • Only got into CCR in the last few years (I'm 30). Fantastic band and John Fogerty has such an iconic voice. There's a live version of The Midnight Special on youtube that gives me goosebumps everytime.
  • Saw him when he was support to Springsteen at Hyde Park. He over ran a bit and that was the Saturday night when they turned off the power on The Boss on Paul McCartney in order not to break the curfew and upset the locals!
  • CCR had plenty of decent material, most of it Fogerty material of course.
    John Fogerty live - not good. Saw him in London a dozen or so years ago and it still ranks as one of the most disappointing shows I've attended in 33 years of gigging. Ropey singing, ropier playing by JF, his band was OK such as we could hear, JF's voice and guitar were turned up to ear-bleeding volume obscuring the contribution of anybody else, but not of course masking his deficiencies.
    The Steve Miller Band is the highlight of that bill, but at O2 extortionate pricing, way too much to make it worth while.
  • pricing does seem stupid doesn't it but seems that way to me for most events nowadays - luckily my ticket is guest list so all I need to pay out for is a pressie for someone, also looking forward to Steve Miller.
  • Loved CCR and John Fogerty, hope it's a great night
  • John Fogerty is in my top three singers ever.
    Loved eye of the Zombie and even liked soda pop
  • Great clip doing the rounds of Fogerty covering Fortunate Son with the Foo Fighters
  • At his age, someone had better tell him there's a bathroom on the right.
  • Sponsored links:

• CCR created some classic tunes.
  • edited October 2018
    great, sometimes very angry rock n roll voice .. like this ..https://youtu.be/JBfjU3_XOaA
  • Deacon Blues, 1977.
    His best performance ever.
  • great, sometimes very angry rock n roll voice .. like this ..https://youtu.be/JBfjU3_XOaA

Yep and probably my favourite CCR track, though they do a mean version of ‘I heard it through the Grapevine ‘
  • Got my ticket and can't wait.