Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jamal Kashoggi

Comments

• Options

I do think there is a lot of hypocrisy in the USA by the Left, on this issue (we already know there is plenty on the Right.) After all, very conservative estimates are that 300+ innocent civilian children and over 1000+ total innocent civilians were killed by drone-bombings alone, by Obama in his 8 years. All done in sovereign territory of other so-called "Allies" and without any proper declaration of war or even admittance of such activity most of the time. Where were the Left's boycotts, then? Now, with one dead Turk in non-sovereign territory, suddenly everyone is up in arms. 300+. This irks me.

The Nobel judges didn't cover themselves in glory when they awarded Obama his peace prize.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Nobel judges are a waste of air. Always have been. More like a self-congratulatory clique.
  • Options
    Probably fake, but if the pictures I've been sent are actually him then I'd say it was a fair bit more than a fight
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Probably fake, but if the pictures I've been sent are actually him then I'd say it was a fair bit more than a fight

Clearly it was an accident, I mean how many times do you hear of a 15v1 brawl break out and the one being accidently brutally killed? Happens all the time on a Saturday night.
  • Options
    Yeah so you fly in the 15 guys closest to you who can kill someone, chop them up and forensically clean the scene up, then you forget other people have intelligence agencies bugging your gaff and have records of you fellas coming in.

Oh, bugger.

And you didn’t buy Charlton either,
  • Options
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-saudi-khashoggi-official/amid-scepticism-saudi-official-provides-another-version-of-khashoggi-death-idUSKCN1MV04V

Reuters report of another version from Saudi official.

'The latest account, provided by a Saudi official who requested anonymity, includes details on how the team of 15 Saudi nationals sent to confront Khashoggi on Oct. 2 had threatened him with being drugged and kidnapped and then killed him in a chokehold when he resisted. A member of the team then dressed in Khashoggi’s clothes to make it appear as if he had left the consulate'
  • Options
    I imagine it is quite easy to get into a punch up with loads of people when you are just going in to pick up some papers for your wedding.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

I've seen those pictures and it does look like him tbf.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-45935823

There's a quote in it that is just insane...

"The video appears to show the man leaving the consulate by the back door on the day the journalist was killed, wearing Khashoggi's clothes, a fake beard and glasses"
  • Options
    The Saudi excuses are the state level version of those blokes who go into A&E with a ketchup bottle up their arse who claim to have slipped whilst cleaning the kitchen starkers.

• Options

The Saudi excuses are the state level version of those blokes who go into A&E with a ketchup bottle up their arse who claim to have slipped whilst cleaning the kitchen starkers.

Same thing happened to me with a cucumber.
  • Options
    edited October 2018

I think it’s a case of waiting until the most credible excuse is released. I am surprised they didn’t say “Khashoggi fell on a bone saw several times while we tried to protect him from beating himself up”.
  • Options
    Where's the body?

My dog ate it.
  • Options
    the Saudi’s will keep changing their storey until it is something vaguely credible but does not implicate the crown prince at which time Trump et al will delightedly congratulate them for coming clean and express their delight it has been resolved and the crown prince is not involved. Then they will carry on their arms deals.
  • Options

the Saudi’s will keep changing their storey until it is something vaguely credible but does not implicate the crown prince at which time Trump et al will delightedly congratulate them for coming clean and express their delight it has been resolved and the crown prince is not involved. Then they will carry on their arms deals.

Sadly, this is pretty much spot on.
  • Options
    Ergogan's statement pretty short on details after promising to tell all. Does he have evidence or is he bluffing?
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

Ergogan's statement pretty short on details after promising to tell all. Does he have evidence or is he bluffing?

He's going to cut a deal with the Saudis - he obviously has a strong bargaining position.
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

Or is he using the information to blackmail some of the richest people on the planet. The Saudi's would clearly pay billions of dollars to make this go away.

BTW what's the top theory as to why he was killed? Was it solely down to personal enmity from the crown prince or did Khashoggi have information about the Saudi's that was so explosive that he had to die? (Just wondering if anyone's seen any credible theories?)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not heard any suggestion that he had anything damaging. It seems to be pretty much that he said nasty things about MBS. Of course, whatever negative light Khashoggi's journalism cast the Saudi's in has now completely gone away and the world now thinks of MBS as a wonderful chap again.
  • Options

Rizzo said:

Or is he using the information to blackmail some of the richest people on the planet. The Saudi's would clearly pay billions of dollars to make this go away.

BTW what's the top theory as to why he was killed? Was it solely down to personal enmity from the crown prince or did Khashoggi have information about the Saudi's that was so explosive that he had to die? (Just wondering if anyone's seen any credible theories?)
    If he had explosive info, itd be out there already, I believe it's just a case of The Crown Prince accepting zero criticism.
  • Options
    Erdogan didn't exactly reveal much we didn't already know. And no mention of any audio tapes of the killing either.
  • Options
    I doubt we'll ever get the full story.
  • Options
    Body found
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    They ought to be able to work out how he was killed then.
  • Options

They ought to be able to work out how he was killed then.

Depends whose body it is?
  • Options
    Not seen anything yet about the find. Source?