Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Liberal Club closing? Edit.......confirmed, closing tonight (Sunday)

Comments

• Options

Waterman's Arms gone. The Victoria gone. The Con Club gone. The Lib Club gone. The Antigallican gone. Charlton Athletic Football Club gone. Thank fuck I've only got a few years left before I peg it.

horse and groom as well
  • Options

Waterman's Arms gone. The Victoria gone. The Con Club gone. The Lib Club gone. The Antigallican gone. Charlton Athletic Football Club gone. Thank fuck I've only got a few years left before I peg it.

horse and groom as well
    And the Valley pub.
  • Options

Christ on a bike, I thought we were playing Barnsley on Saturday.
  • Options
    Many new grounds are built in dull areas next to retail parks, with no pubs

The area near The Valley is doing this process in reverse, as it becomes a sea of retail parks, and the pubs close...
  • Options

Don’t forget the Doom and Gloom and the White Hart. Nothing left down that end of Charlton now apart from the ROD and the Oak.
  • Options
    As i said in an earlier post any more closures and pre match drinking will be done in London bridge or Greenwich or somewhere.
    Depressing.
  • Options

As i said in an earlier post any more closures and pre match drinking will be done in London bridge or Greenwich or somewhere.
    Depressing.

Indeed, @blackpool72

Thank the lawd I'm teetotal.
  • Options
    No one mentions the Anchor in hope. Something wrong with it?
  • Options

No one mentions the Anchor in hope. Something wrong with it?

Always used to like it in there, it's just a bit out of the way
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The museum are planning to open a cocktail lounge, I hear.
  • Options

Depressing.

Indeed, @blackpool72

I look forward to seeing you Saturday with a cup of tea 😁😁
  • Options

Depressing.

Indeed, @blackpool72

Sadly not....

We should be with the whole family in Disneyland Paris.

Next Tuesday then ?
  • Options

Depressing.

Indeed, @blackpool72

Sadly not....

Next Tuesday then ?
    I only buy wine on a Tuesday πŸ˜ƒ
  • Options

Depressing.

Indeed, @blackpool72

Sadly not....

Next Tuesday then ?
    I don't recall that Craig David Lyric
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Depressing.

Indeed, @blackpool72

Sadly not....

Next Tuesday then ?
    I don't recall that Craig David Lyric
    And Wednesday
    And Thursday
    And Friday
  • Options

horse and groom as well
    And the Valley pub.
    The Thames Barrier Arns and the Woodman both had Charlton fans on match days.
  • Options

horse and groom as well
    And the Valley pub.
    The Thames Barrier Arns and the Woodman both had Charlton fans on match days.
    Sad days
  • Options
    Jeez and The Million Hare/Clancy's.
  • Options
    Lord Howick/Derby Arms
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Are you a pub, too?
  • Options

shirty5 said:

So in the space of the last few months, that's the White Horse, The Antigallican and the Lib club all gone in the vicinity of the ground. Sad times for the pub trade in the area.

And the Pickwick. But all those places served only horrible fizzy beer. The new fans' place of refreshment is the River Ale House - proper beers, cider and perry - just a ten minute stomp from the ground. The estimable guvnor, Trevor, is a Charlton fan and goes to the games.

Nice place, but small and a distance from the ground (20 minutes and not a pleasant walk either along the Woolwich road)
    you've not been in the back bar then
  • Options
    Any Lib Club members know whether the property's been sold?
  • Options
    Meeting for liberal club members tomorrow to discuss situation.

We've migrated to the Radical Club which is fine for Saturday games and as it's my club happy to spend money there instead. Half the club left to jump on the 14.31.
  • Options

We've migrated to the Radical Club which is fine for Saturday games and as it's my club happy to spend money there instead. Half the club left to jump on the 14.31.

Where is that Ben.
  • Options
    Opposite Plumstead Station
  • Options
    The anchor and hope isn’t much further than the village if travelling by train
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Does anybody go to the labour club?

@Henry Irving you don't have to answer. ;-)
  • Options

Where is that Ben.
    Thanks mate