Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Barnsley Away Advanced Train Tickets [29/12/18]

Advance single train tickets are now on sale for travel between Kings Cross/Doncaster in both directions.
The cheapest singles are priced at £14.00 [£9.25] or £13.00 [£8.60].
For travel between Doncaster/Barnsley purchase a 1 Day SYConnect+ ticket £8.20.This ticket is also valid on buses.
Advance Train Ticket details have not yet been released for trains from St Pancras via Sheffield,but these will probably be a little dearer.
Hopefully our friends at Northern Rail will be working normally on this day.
Railcard fares in brackets.

Comments

• Planning on doing this one. Haven’t been to Barnsley since 1999.

Same. Remember going up there before in 97, season they went up. I was 15. Think I remember some curbs out chants as we got beat 4-0

Your gonna party like
  • Had Barnsley booked for 6 weeks now
  • Might have to go to this. I did Wigan last season, which was at the same time of year. Wigan, Barnsley, the glamour of it
  • Just booked my train tickets for this. New ground for me as well.

• Last visit to the ground for me was the 6-0
  • edited November 2018
    Eastmidlandstrains have not yet released advance tickets for this day yet,but there are engineering works planned on the route between St Pancras/Sheffield which may affect journey times & also there is strike action planned on Northern Rail which will affect trains between Sheffield/Doncaster/Barnsley.I will provide more information when Advance tickets & emergency timetables are released.
    https://www.rmt.org.uk/news/rmt-confirms-raft-of-new-strike-dates-on-northern021118/
  • Match tickets now on sale
  • edited November 2018
    In case Ticket details do not appear on main website,the price details are as follows
    Adult £23
    Over 65 £16
    Under 18 £10
    Under 12 £5
    The coach fare is £27 & departure times are as follows
    Larkfield 7.15am
    Gravesend 7.40am
    Dartford 7.55am
    Bexleyheath 8.10am
    Bromley 8.40am
    Eltham 9.00am
    Charlton 9.15am

Eastmidland trains have released the the timetable for this day [St Pancras to Sheffield] but not the advance fares.
    I will post more details if/when advance fares are released.

• Sponsored links:

• The ongoing Northern Trains fiasco is a real pain. At least there are regular buses between Sheffield and Barnsley as well as any replacement laid on for cancelled trains
  • edited November 2018

The ongoing Northern Trains fiasco is a real pain. At least there are regular buses between Sheffield and Barnsley as well as any replacement laid on for cancelled trains

There are also buses from Doncaster to Barnsley which take about 45 minutes,bus stations are adjacent to both rail stations,i have checked strike timetables for this Saturday between Sheffield/Doncaster & Barnsley & if the same timtable applies for the day of the match the last train towards Sheffield/Doncaster departs at 17.00.
    I will post the strike timetable nearer the day of the match.
    The latest update from Northern Rail https://www.northernrailway.co.uk/strike
  • Tickets will be available on the turnstile.
  • Tickets will be available on the turnstile.

But what’s the train times for a Sunday return please
  • J BLOCK said:

Tickets will be available on the turnstile.

nationalrail.co.uk

Take 33% off if you hold a railcard.

Easy jet have a low cost hotel in Sheffield.
  • J BLOCK said:

Tickets will be available on the turnstile.

nationalrail.co.uk

Take 33% off if you hold a railcard.

Easy jet have a low cost hotel in Sheffield.
    Maybe take a day off
  • edited December 2018

Last visit to the ground for me was the 6-0

Same here when Salim Kerkar got on the score sheet as did Ricardo Fuller…… eventually :blush:
  • edited December 2018
    RedChaser said:

Last visit to the ground for me was the 6-0

Same here when Salim Kerkar got on the score sheet as did Ricardo Fuller…… eventually :blush:
    We could have had a few more. We were queuing up eventually.
  • East Midland Trains have released advance tickets at last.
    Dep St Pancras 08.29 Arr Barnsley 11.29 price £21.00 [£13.85]
    Dep St Pancras 09.29 Arr Barnsley 12.29 price £29.00 [£19.15]

Dep Barnsley 18.20 Arr St Pancras 21.28 price £25.00 [£16.50]
    Change at Sheffield in both directions.
    Railcard prices in brackets.
    Due to Northern rail strike action arrival/departure times in/out of Barnsley are liable to alteration,i will update this thread when Strike emergency timetables are published.
  • Have i got it right that the last train leaving Barnsley is 5pm on the Saturday?
  • Sponsored links:

• Have i got it right that the last train leaving Barnsley is 5pm on the Saturday?

I was wondering this. I'm tempted to go but I don't think Northern Rail have confirmed what few trains are running after 5pm.

It's not enough that they badly inconvenience people, they can't even allow us to plan alternatives. I feel sorry for those affected every weekend.
  • The emergency timetable for this upcoming Saturday [22/12/18] has the last train towards Sheffield listed as departing at 17.00.
    https://d2cf7kiw5xizhy.cloudfront.net/images/timetables/bucket/sheffield---barnsley-1707.pdf
    There is no reason to think it will be any different for the following Saturday.I will post the emergency timetable for the matchday when they are published & also alternative transport options.
  • clive said:

The emergency timetable for this upcoming Saturday [22/12/18] has the last train towards Sheffield listed as departing at 17.00.
    https://d2cf7kiw5xizhy.cloudfront.net/images/timetables/bucket/sheffield---barnsley-1707.pdf
    There is no reason to think it will be any different for the following Saturday.I will post the emergency timetable for the matchday when they are published & also alternative transport options.

Thanks. I see there is a bus from Barnsley station to Sheffield (17:17-18:08).

I don’t think I’ll be bothered to be honest. London-Sheffield trains are a minimum of £58 now.
  • You'll need to travel on a local bus.
  • The emergency timetable for the 29th Dec 2018 has now been published with last train departing from Barnsley towards Sheffield/Doncaster departing at 17.00

https://d2cf7kiw5xizhy.cloudfront.net/images/timetables/bucket/sheffield---barnsley-1762.pdf
  • Out the ground at 16.45 and a brisk walk will mean you comfortably get the 17.00
  • Out the ground at 16.45 and a brisk walk will mean you comfortably get the 17.00

That sounds optimistic. Apart from anything else, games rarely finish before 16:50...
  • Local bus it has to be
  • The last day Northern were NOT on strike on a Saturday was the day we played at Accrington on 18th August this season.
  • Extra spaces on the club's Valley Away coaches are now available for supporters to book for Charlton’s trip to Barnsley on Saturday, December 29th (3pm).

All original spaces sold out last week and – with trains extremely limited next weekend – the club have added another coach for the match.Price £27.
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5c1f58ba16a83/extra-valley-away-coach-added-for-barnsley-trip