Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Car Washes

The couple of car washes I have used for a while now have both closed down. One due to the development of the site and one by Greenwich Council. Both were in upper Plumstead. Anyone know of any others around and about to satisfy my car cleaning needs. I don’t mean the automatic washes but the ones that clean inside and out for about £12 or so. TIA

Comments

• Options
    great one in bexleyheath behind where pizza express is pretty sure its inside and out for £10.00 i always give them a couple of quid extra, handy as you can leave it there and do any shopping you need to do.
  • Options
    Come Summer the work gets kinda hard.
  • Options
    Is one of the closed ones the one that was in the petrol station in the dip? After that video came out of them fighting with a snow shovel?

• Options
    Curb_It said:

Is one of the closed ones the one that was in the petrol station in the dip? After that video came out of them fighting with a snow shovel?

That’s one. Closed about five weeks ago. Didn’t see the video mores the pity.

• Options

Rob7Lee said:

There's very few I would use as all they do is ruin your paintwork, wash it yourself!

How much do you charge ?

For a standard clean, £75. then anywhere up to £2k for paint correction and full detail and dependent on what wax you want.
  • Options
    This guy is very very good and about the same price as the dodgy car washes you get
    https://dragoncarwash.co.uk

Whatever you do, dont use the one by Bexley station - useless.
  • Options
    Is Washes the right plural?
  • Options

This guy is very very good and about the same price as the dodgy car washes you get

Anyone who uses the term 'T Cut' in a car cleaning advert is not a professional ....!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    the one near our village is very good. Ok I pay £20 for inside and out but they do a very good job plus there is a café on site so you can read the papers and have a coffee whilst it's being done. Get's very busy though so sometimes can be in a queue of six or seven waiting to be done.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

Rob7Lee said:

There's very few I would use as all they do is ruin your paintwork, wash it yourself!

How much do you charge ?

For a standard clean, £75. then anywhere up to £2k for paint correction and full detail and dependent on what wax you want.
    Think I’ll just go for full wax of back, sack and crack. When can you fit me in ?

• Options

Doesn’t cover Shooters Hill according to the website.

• Options
    Rob7Lee said:

Rob7Lee said:

How much do you charge ?

Detailing is the way to go. I've recently had my Merc detailed and a ceramic treatment done and it was worth every penny. All the salt and shit that ruins paintwork does not stick and no way on this earth would I let someone with a sponge, microfibre or anything else near it from one of those car washes.

A detail can be done for 150 quid up to the sort of money @Rob7Lee is talking about with microscopic paint corrections.

If you don't give a shit about your paintwork take your car to a car wash staffed by blokes and girls, if you can't afford a detail stick to machine washes as they are less horrible to paintwork. If you like your car tale it to see a detailler and get a treatment done on it
  • Options

Doesn’t cover Shooters Hill according to the website.

Give him a call - he might come out if you ask nice!
  • Options
    The one opposite Hewitts farm in the golf course is very good.
    £20 gets you the full treatment well worth the money car comes out looking and smelling like new.
  • Options
    It’s only a car 😬
  • Options
    There used to be a blinding one at Northfleet, they even used to stake my change up in size order in the ashtray. I think that was £15, inside and out
  • Options
    Never use a sponge and never use a leather.

Unless you don’t mind swirls all over your paint I wouldn’t take it to nearly any £20 car wash.

Rob7Lee said:

Rob7Lee said:

How much do you charge ?

Think I’ll just go for full wax of back, sack and crack. When can you fit me in ?

That’s more than £2k!!
  • Options
    My local one was very good, but is now crap.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Makro's car park, the scene of many a settled argument on here, has an excellent team. About £14 for a large saloon, they do such a good job I have to give them a score.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Makro's car park, the scene of many a settled argument on here, has an excellent team. About £14 for a large saloon, they do such a good job I have to give them a score.

What, they even come round and do the pub for you?
  • Options

Curb_It said:

That’s one. Closed about five weeks ago. Didn’t see the video mores the pity.

With this footage which got quite wide coverage, plus there were also complaints about the guys making inappropriate comments to young females, I think it just got shut down as a nuisance.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/mass-brawl-breaks-out-london-12570970
  • Options
    Bloody hell
  • Options
    Always rated the one at Downham if you're ever over that way.
  • Options

It’s only a car 😬

Wash your mouth out with soap!

• Options

It’s only a car 😬

Wash your mouth out with soap!

Just make sure it’s PH neutral.
  • Options
    I don’t like anyone else cleaning my car. I appreciate most people are not like me but I do enjoy cleaning a car.
    It’s worth knowing that a lot of these pop up car washes use some pretty cheap and nasty alloy wheel cleaning that will strip the lacquer from them. I bet none of them use Bilt Hamber.
  • Options

I don’t like anyone else cleaning my car. I appreciate most people are not like me but I do enjoy cleaning a car.
    It’s worth knowing that a lot of these pop up car washes use some pretty cheap and nasty alloy wheel cleaning that will strip the lacquer from them. I bet none of them use Bilt Hamber.

We are brothers (although I prefer Billberry on my wheels).
  • Options

the one near our village is very good. Ok I pay £20 for inside and out but they do a very good job plus there is a café on site so you can read the papers and have a coffee whilst it's being done. Get's very busy though so sometimes can be in a queue of six or seven waiting to be done.

Is it a secret?