Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Christian bakery owners win appeal

1234568»

Comments

• Options

Rob7Lee said:

He may have wept, but there is certainly not one quote from him in the bible condemning homosexuality! Mind you there are enough from others :) I feel a bit sorry for people who take everything they read in it as fact - that is how you get the idiots who are Muslim fundamentalists.

Personally, I don't believe Jesus was the son of god, but there are fewer people I have more respect for than him. I would call my values Christian values with pride.

Is that strictly true or, seeing as Jesus and God are deemed to be the same entity, he made such utterances in Leviticus 20:13 when speaking to Moses?
    It refers to a man and a man 'laying down' like a man and a woman, which if so they are to be killed (not verbatim but roughly that). I thought it was Leviticus 18:22 but it's been a long time.

Funnily enough I don't believe it mentions a Woman and a Woman laying down like a man and a woman, sexist the bible if you ask me :-)
    bobmunro said:

Well if you see God and Jesus as the same person, yes. I didn't think that was the prevailing view though. And of course if he was, he may have changed his mind since that conversation with Moses.

The whole Christian world sees them as the same entity, along with the Holy Spirit!
    Indeed, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, only one god....... thank god.
    Leviticus 18:22 says:

“You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination.”

20:13 says:

"If a man also lie with mankind, as he @Leuth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

Neither are very nice.
  • Options

Rob7Lee said:

Rob7Lee said:

He may have wept, but there is certainly not one quote from him in the bible condemning homosexuality! Mind you there are enough from others :) I feel a bit sorry for people who take everything they read in it as fact - that is how you get the idiots who are Muslim fundamentalists.

Personally, I don't believe Jesus was the son of god, but there are fewer people I have more respect for than him. I would call my values Christian values with pride.

Is that strictly true or, seeing as Jesus and God are deemed to be the same entity, he made such utterances in Leviticus 20:13 when speaking to Moses?
    It refers to a man and a man 'laying down' like a man and a woman, which if so they are to be killed (not verbatim but roughly that). I thought it was Leviticus 18:22 but it's been a long time.

Funnily enough I don't believe it mentions a Woman and a Woman laying down like a man and a woman, sexist the bible if you ask me :-)
    bobmunro said:

Well if you see God and Jesus as the same person, yes. I didn't think that was the prevailing view though. And of course if he was, he may have changed his mind since that conversation with Moses.

The whole Christian world sees them as the same entity, along with the Holy Spirit!

"If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

Neither are very nice.
    Ta, I'm amazed not having picked up a bible for over 30 years I remembered half right! I now also remember why I haven't picked one up for 30 years!
    I like to read the Old Testament as it serves as a fantastic reassurance tool as to why objective reasoning and logic wins over religion.
    The Age of Reason by Thomas Paine works for me.

Funnily enough, a mate of mine (a Mason) asked if I had ever considered joining. I suggested he ask his Lodge if they would allow me to swear the oath on The Age of Reason rather than a holy book. Suffice to say that I'm not a Mason!
  • Options

Rob7Lee said:

bobmunro said:

"If a man also lie with mankind, as he @Leuth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

Neither are very nice.
  • Options
    Glug glug glug. Sinking fast :smile:
  • Options
    Jesus was a jew so would be expelled from "Palestine" by the "friends" of Jeremy Corbyn.

Also Jesus was a crossmaker
  • Options

Jesus was a jew so would be expelled from "Palestine" by the "friends" of Jeremy Corbyn.

So, "My daddy was a bank robber"
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Rob7Lee said:

Rob7Lee said:

bobmunro said:

"If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

Neither are very nice.
    Ta, I'm amazed not having picked up a bible for over 30 years I remembered half right! I now also remember why I haven't picked one up for 30 years!
    I like to read the Old Testament as it serves as a fantastic reassurance tool as to why objective reasoning and logic wins over religion.

Funnily enough, a mate of mine (a Mason) asked if I had ever considered joining. I suggested he ask his Lodge if they would allow me to swear the oath on The Age of Reason rather than a holy book. Suffice to say that I'm not a Mason!
    T-Shirt for you @bobmunro

• Options

Think he was more slightly annoyed than cross.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Think he was more slightly annoyed than cross.
    That's because he was a Capricorn
  • Options
    He is the son of God

So that's Capricorn is it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

bobmunro said:

Rob7Lee said:

Rob7Lee said:

bobmunro said:

Neither are very nice.

The full quote below - not a bad way to manage one's existence and approach to life. Thomas Paine is one of my heroes.

• Options
    Bit sexist ;-)
  • Options
    We can all take the bible literally - if you give all your money to your wife you should be ok as it only said it is easier for a rich MAN ................
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

Rob7Lee said:

Rob7Lee said:

bobmunro said:

Neither are very nice.

The full quote below - not a bad way to manage one's existence and approach to life. Thomas Paine is one of my heroes.

Yes, one of mine too