Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

London Marathon 2019 - Who is in?

Oh dear oh dear...

I am now booked for London and Brighton Marathons in April 19.

7 years of ballot entry and I'm finally in.

Comments

• Dazzler21 said:

Oh dear oh dear...

Congratulations. Ive not heard yet.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Oh dear oh dear...

Congratulations @Dazzler21 had you down as more of a sprinter though. ;)
  • Got my commiserations and jacket this morning, I didn’t realise they had stopped the 5 attempts and guaranteed entry
  • T_C_E said:

Dazzler21 said:

Oh dear oh dear...

Got to beat my 3:32:08 from Florence last year at either of, or both of them!
  • Dazzler21 said:

T_C_E said:

Dazzler21 said:

Oh dear oh dear...

Got to beat my 3:32:08 from Florence last year at either of, or both of them!
    I take it thats 3mins 32secs with this Florence lass?

• Congratulations. Ive not heard yet.

If you log into the registration website, it'll tell you whether you're in or out. Learnt that last year.

I was 7 no's in 7 years last year, didn't apply this year. Maybe next year if I get my groin finally sorted.
    My friend now has 8 consecutive no's to his name and he has marshalled every year in that time too. Poor fella.

At last count at Plumstead Runners, only 1 in 45 applicants got in through the ballot. 3-4 others will have qualified through GFA but that is a piss poor turn out yet year after year you'll see someone already walking behind the sweep wagon at Cutty Sark as they haven't put the training in.
    Dazzler21 said:

Oh dear oh dear...

Having run 2 marathons in 2 weeks before, you'll be fine. Either use Brighton as a slow warm up for London or use Brighton as your race and then London as a long slow run. Given the numbers involved on both courses, better chance of a quicker time at Brighton. Just dont expect to run both flat out.

One of my friends has run over 100 marathons in just over 3 years now. Averages one every 1.5 weeks. Think he done 5 in 5 days at one point. Absolutely mental.
  • edited October 9
    Cheers JohnBoy - Yep intention is to run them both as properly as I can, expectation is that I'll take London easier for the overpopulation reason.

Fortunately there's that 2 week gap in between for a nice quiet 10 miler...

In other news, I'm off to Up & Running for a gait analysis and shoe recommendation tonight as my recommended shoe has been retired AGAIN! This keeps occurring!
  • Dazzler21 said:

Cheers JohnBoy - Yep intention is to run them both as properly as I can, expectation is that I'll take London easier for the overpopulation reason.

Fortunately there's that 2 week gap in between for a nice quiet 10 miler...

In other news, I'm off to Up & Running for a gait analysis and shoe recommendation tonight as my recommended shoe has been retired AGAIN! This keeps occurring!

If neutral, try the Brooks Glycerin. Awesome shoe. I wouldn't run in anything other. I've always been a well built stocky runner, even when I got down to 12st 4lb (ha, never again!) and the Glycerin give you that nice balance of being light with brilliant cushioning. I tried a pair of the Brooks Ghost at one point and after posting a review on my blog at the time, Brooks sent me another pair Glycerin.
  • This is what I need to find out.

I am currently in a stability shoe. So just want to know which is best moving forward as I've always been borderline Stability vs Neutral.
  • I'm in, paid my entry back in june. It was nice not to be waiting on the ballot this year
  • Sponsored links:

• A lot of my friends have now moved over to Hoka One One's. I believe their neutral shoe is the Clifton and a lot of people are raving about them for maximum cushioning.

https://www.hokaoneone.eu/

The running shop in Beckenham has the full range in stock if you want to go try them.
  • JohnBoyUK said:

Congratulations. Ive not heard yet.

If you log into the registration website, it'll tell you whether you're in or out. Learnt that last year.

I was 7 no's in 7 years last year, didn't apply this year. Maybe next year if I get my groin finally sorted.
    My friend now has 8 consecutive no's to his name and he has marshalled every year in that time too. Poor fella.

At last count at Plumstead Runners, only 1 in 45 applicants got in through the ballot. 3-4 others will have qualified through GFA but that is a piss poor turn out yet year after year you'll see someone already walking behind the sweep wagon at Cutty Sark as they haven't put the training in.
    Dazzler21 said:

Oh dear oh dear...

Having run 2 marathons in 2 weeks before, you'll be fine. Either use Brighton as a slow warm up for London or use Brighton as your race and then London as a long slow run. Given the numbers involved on both courses, better chance of a quicker time at Brighton. Just dont expect to run both flat out.

One of my friends has run over 100 marathons in just over 3 years now. Averages one every 1.5 weeks. Think he done 5 in 5 days at one point. Absolutely mental.
    I'd have a word with Dazzler about that - I reckon Florence would get your groin sorted.
  • Once again my entry has been turned down. I think that's 15 years on the trot. I never forget to post it one day too late.
  • No entry for me
  • rina said:

I'm in, paid my entry back in june. It was nice not to be waiting on the ballot this year

Eh? You're always Ballot or Charity?
  • Dazzler21 said:

rina said:

I'm in, paid my entry back in june. It was nice not to be waiting on the ballot this year

Eh? You're always Ballot or Charity?
    club entry last year which I deferred
  • edited October 9
    Ah fair play I forgot about the bond places for run clubs.