Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wedding of Princess Eugenie - 12 Oct

Comments

• immediate royals have no issue with - this mob on the other hand should get fucked.

Agreed.

I honestly assumed that the likes of Eugenie would have to cover all costs themselves.
  • se9addick said:

shine166 said:

Literally cant think of a single better way for the country to spend 2 mil atm....

Does it actually cost the public purse that much?
    I very much doubt it, I wonder where and by whom that figure was plucked out of the air.....how can it be proven........one way or the other?
  • immediate royals have no issue with - this mob on the other hand should get fucked.

I have some sympathy with this comment.
  • edited October 2018

immediate royals have no issue with - this mob on the other hand should get fucked.

Should you not be arguing that they shouldn't - I mean further procreation will only exacerbate the situation.....

On a human level, I hope that, like everyone else, the couple are marrying for the right reasons, with a full and adult understanding of what they are getting into, and that they will be happy with their choice (so, IMHO, entirely unlike a certain plebiscite of recent times).

Other than that, I couldn't give a toss (mostly because I fear I may be suffering from "tennis" elbow). :wink::blush::smiley:
  • se9addick said:

shine166 said:

Literally cant think of a single better way for the country to spend 2 mil atm....

Have you no idea how much money they bring into the country.....in tourism alone? It’s huge and far outstrips any outgoings by a massive distance.
    Just like any family, some of them are immediately likeable and some not.
    I appreciate some folk don’t like them, but we’d have to have a head of state anyway and as such, one who could easily be corrupt and well dodgy, even if elected as has been seen countless times the world over.
    Liz has been a superstar Queen......Charles (if he ever gets there), will be rock solid and steady as she goes) and William, it would appear, will be a very pleasant non controversial caring soul, who may well see through some interesting and challenging changes in how The Royals will operate in years to come.
    Ask yourself honestly, hand on heart, if you can say the alternative to The Royals would be any better than the system we have now.
    I don’t much like the prospect of the alternative.
    I literally don’t think Eugenie brings in £1 in tourism money at all.
    Did I say ‘she’ did.
    Read my other posts.
  • shine166 said:

They need to cut down the civil list - we have enough z-list celebs.
    She receives nothing from the civil list.
  • shine166 said:

2 million cans of special Brew.
  • shine166 said:

Indeed - she has her own income through her job and she is an ambassador for street kid as well as working for the Teenage Cancer Trust and Children in crisis, along with working for a myriad of other charities linked to homelessness, children and modern slavery.

Jack however, is a bit of a scallywag.
  • shine166 said:

I just said we need to cut down the civil list

shine166 said:

Didn't she benefit from a trust fund set up by the Queen Mother?

Does she not claim expenses from the public purse? Is her rent subsidised?

Why is the public purse paying for wedding security? Shouldn't the dad pay for it?

I feel there is a degree of piss taking by some of the royal family - some not all.
  • Sponsored links:

• If you want to stand and cheer and wave flags then don’t complain that it’s costing you money.

Those of us republican types can moan to our hearts content.
  • Osbourne abolished the Civil list in 2010.

The whole funding has changed since this was enacted in 2012.

At the last account, The Crown Estate (where the monarch gets her 15% of net revenue) is a commercial organisation, and actually contributed over £200 million to HM treasury.

• All I will say is what the hell is Beatrice on...

• edited October 2018

immediate royals have no issue with - this mob on the other hand should get fucked.

Well, Eugenie is getting married, so sounds like she's getting fucked.
  • shine166 said:

Have you no idea how much money they bring into the country.....in tourism alone? It’s huge and far outstrips any outgoings by a massive distance.
    I appreciate some folk don’t like them, but we’d have to have a head of state anyway and as such, one who could easily be corrupt and well dodgy, even if elected as has been seen countless times the world over.
    Liz has been a superstar Queen......Charles (if he ever gets there), will be rock solid and steady as she goes) and William, it would appear, will be a very pleasant non controversial caring soul, who may well see through some interesting and challenging changes in how The Royals will operate in years to come.
    Ask yourself honestly, hand on heart, if you can say the alternative to The Royals would be any better than the system we have now.

I didnt trealise the queen was getting married... I thought it was someone thats so far down the list that we'd need an appocolypse before they had any chance of sitting on the throne.

• edited October 2018

All I will say is what the hell is Beatrice on...

Axminster carpet, by the looks of it.
    with one hell of a lot of polyester mix, hence the static shock?
    100% wool. Fact. Ironically, my firm was at a Royal House yesterday and they genuinely are haggling on budget...
  • Sponsored links:

• Which one is eug?

That’s unfair starting with the difficult question first.
  • shine166 said:

shine166 said:

I didnt trealise the queen was getting married... I thought it was someone thats so far down the list that we'd need an appocolypse before they had any chance of sitting on the throne.

I thought it was the apocalypse when I was sitting on the throne this morning.
    Beetroot for dinner last night?
  • All I will say is what the hell is Beatrice on...

You can't see the hand of the guy behind, can you? Just sayin!
  • Davo55 said:

Not to re-open the whole Royal Family debate....

but I thought Princess Eugenie showed a lot of class today in choosing to wear a backless dress that showed (rather than hid) a major scar she carries. Apparently, she had major surgery on her back to treat a curvature of the spine at the age of 12. In choosing to wear a wedding dress that showed her scar, she hoped it would honour those who had helped her and inspire others with the condition of scoliosis.

For that, if nothing else, she deserves a bit of respect IMO.

Didn’t know that, fair play by her ... still not a Royalist though :wink:
  • edited October 2018
    Big expensive wedding. Biggest public event until one of them dies. Then it will be a big expensive funeral.

Fuck em all.
  • The groom, Jack Brooksbank, is a British wine merchant.

Runs the local Bargain Booze in Canning Town.
  • I’m completely indifferent to the royal family. On the one hand I recognise they’re part of our culture and heritage and as such play a role in being British and our National identity, but on the other, I’m never gonna be one of these flag waving M&S picnic on the mall types like we had for the jubilee

Really like William & Harry. After everything they went through from such a young age, I think they have always shown great humility, seem very down to earth and approachable and I like what William has done for mental health and now causes like the elephant trade. I think they both get it and will be good figureheads for the country.

Wouldn’t choose to watch a wedding myself but caught y’day’s one on the news. They looked like a nice happy couple and it seemed like a nice day people could enjoy and join in with if they wanted.