Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Nectar Card Hacked

It's come down to this.

Have to laugh, but of all my various accounts with different organisations, my first hack was for my Nectar points. They took 24k and 25k out of my Nectar account on the same day, down in Southampton - one in Sainsburys and one in Argos. The fact that they did both transactions in the same day, meant the Nectar system wasn't able to pick it up and I now 'owe' Nectar over £100!

Nectar have been brilliant and resolved it all within 20 minutes, though it does appear to be a common problem with them. Just hope they get the lowlife scum who can do this, as although I find it quite amusing, this could have been some family saving up their points for some Christmas treats for the kids.

Comments

• How does this work then? Did they spend your points in the supermarket?
  • PopIcon said:

How does this work then? Did they spend your points in the supermarket?

I assume so, but the points spent work out at exactly £120 and £125 to the penny. They may have just bought one item in each store.

I wonder if they got Nectar points on their purchase?
  • Happened to me about 18 months ago. Someone redeemed £60 of points at Argos in North London. I save points to use at Christmas. Nectar were great though. Sent me a new card and the stolen value added to the new card. Shame they can’t add a pin code to the card when you redeem. Might make it harder for this to happen
    I must admit I was shocked when it happened
  • certainly didn't appreciate you could go "overdrawn" with nectar and end up owing them money!
  • It's because they only update accounts every 24 hours.

So theoretically, if you had 100,000 points, you could shop a dozen times in one day and the Nectar system wouldn't catch up until the following day. My account is currently showing -£114.
  • Sorry to hear that honey. Sounds like you've been stung.
  • Sweet that they returned all the points though
  • Sorry to hear that honey. Sounds like you've been stung.

Beehive (behave) with the poor jokes.