Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Christian Bale Unrecognizable As Dick Cheney In Trailer For "Vice."

Bale.... Sam Rockwell.... Amy Adams... Steve Carrell? Sign me up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g09a9laLh0k

Comments

• Options
    Have been looking forward to this for some time now. Superb cast. Hope it will be great.
  • Options
    Looks great . I love Sam Rockwell . Looks like Oscar fodder to me .
  • Options
    "I've just been eating a lot of pies". So have I Christian, but Hollywood still won't come knocking.
  • Options
    Why is this a shock? If he looked like Bale he wouldn't look like Chaney ! Top man we need more like Mr Chaney
  • Options
    Croydon said:

The stress he puts on his body for each role is incredible.

Very much this. The massive weight losses and gains cannot possibly be healthy and whilst they might be making him a shedload of money I can't see him having a long or healthy life.

• Options
    Croydon said:

Bale is one of the finest actors of our generation. The stress he puts on his body for each role is incredible.

he's incredible and doesn't get the plaudits as much as he should, mostly because of the fact his films (for the most part) have a large mainstream appeal.
  • Options

Have been looking forward to this for some time now. Superb cast. Hope it will be great.

Adam Mckay the writer/director is exceptionally talented as well, he co wrote and directed films like anchorman, step brothers and the other guys. I love the fact he's moving into more serious stuff and keeping that brand of humour.
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

Croydon said:

Very much this. The massive weight losses and gains cannot possibly be healthy and whilst they might be making him a shedload of money I can't see him having a long or healthy life.

Seems to have worked all right for De Niro.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Bale is one of the finest actors of our generation. The stress he puts on his body for each role is incredible.

How he got to look how he did in The Machinist must have been bordering on dangerous.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    iainment said:

Rizzo said:

Croydon said:

I know he did it once for Raging Bull but Bale has done it repeatedly and to, what seems to me, greater extremes. Can't be healthy for him!
  • Options
    I thought I saw George Costanza there for a moment.

• Options
    Rizzo said:

iainment said:

Rizzo said:

Croydon said:

I know he did it once for Raging Bull but Bale has done it repeatedly and to, what seems to me, greater extremes. Can't be healthy for him!
    To be fair, De Niro put weight on again for The Untouchables. He also lost weight earlier for Taxi Driver.
  • Options
    The film De Niro made after Raging Bull was True Confessions, alongside Robert Duvall. He'd shed a load of weight but you can see he's still a bit chubby in the face.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    This displays it well.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

This displays it well.

When you see it like that it becomes even scarier! I admire his dedication though.
  • Options
    Bale is a very good actor and has great screen presence but there are reports of him being a bit of a prick. No idea how true that is.
  • Options
    edited October 2018

Bale is a very good actor and has great screen presence but there are reports of him being a bit of a prick. No idea how true that is.

This rant may tell you all you need to know about him being a prick. Be warned , the language is a bit ripe!

https://youtu.be/0auwpvAU2YA
  • Options

Adam Mckay the writer/director is exceptionally talented as well, he co wrote and directed films like anchorman, step brothers and the other guys. I love the fact he's moving into more serious stuff and keeping that brand of humour.
    I haven't seen any of those three but I absolutely loved his 'The Big Short'.
  • Options
    Christian Bale is an actor for whom the prefix 'great' is totally justified
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Bale.... Sam Rockwell.... Amy Adams... Steve Carrell? Sign me up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g09a9laLh0k

He does Cheney so well I started yelling "burn in hell you awful war criminal" at the trailer. Probably wait to see this streaming at home.
  • Options

they have pretty much legendary status and launched will ferrell into being essentially comedy royalty.
  • Options
    EastStand said:
    @JessieAddick, if you can find a ten minute clips of "The best of" for Anchorman it's better than the film itself.
  • Options

All 3 are amazing movies, especially Anchorman!
  • Options
    WSS said:

Croydon said:

How he got to look how he did in The Machinist must have been bordering on dangerous.
    "Bale needed to look drastically thin, so he had to lose a lot of weight, from 173 pounds to 110 pounds.
    To lose these 63 pounds, the actor followed a draconic diet: for almost four months he ate only one can of tuna fish and/or one apple per day.

This type of diet is a very low calorie diet, ensuring only 50-260 calories/day. There are 194 calories in one can (6.5 ounce) of tuna in water (drained) and one medium size apple (about 150 g) has 80 calories. The “menu” was completed with black coffee and water.

Besides the extremely low calorie intake, the foods chosen for this diet are, by themselves, metabolism boosters. Due to the caffeine content, coffee increases the metabolism. The apples are high in sugar and pectin (a soluble fiber) which dampens down the appetite.

To lose weight faster, Christian Bale exercised hard. The star’s exercise regime included intensive cardio workouts and intensive resistance/weight training workouts.

However, in order to protect his health, the actor also took vitamin supplements each day."
  • Options

Christian Bale is an actor for whom the prefix 'great' is totally justified

absolutely - this film looks good, great cast.
  • Options

WSS said:

Croydon said:

"Bale needed to look drastically thin, so he had to lose a lot of weight, from 173 pounds to 110 pounds.
    To lose these 63 pounds, the actor followed a draconic diet: for almost four months he ate only one can of tuna fish and/or one apple per day.

This type of diet is a very low calorie diet, ensuring only 50-260 calories/day. There are 194 calories in one can (6.5 ounce) of tuna in water (drained) and one medium size apple (about 150 g) has 80 calories. The “menu” was completed with black coffee and water.

Besides the extremely low calorie intake, the foods chosen for this diet are, by themselves, metabolism boosters. Due to the caffeine content, coffee increases the metabolism. The apples are high in sugar and pectin (a soluble fiber) which dampens down the appetite.

To lose weight faster, Christian Bale exercised hard. The star’s exercise regime included intensive cardio workouts and intensive resistance/weight training workouts.

However, in order to protect his health, the actor also took vitamin supplements each day."
    I have to say that I don’t even admire this. It’s totally stupid and shouldn’t encouraged or even be allowed by the producers. Think there are limits as to how far actors can go in a role.

• Options
    Haha thank all of you for the recommendation @kentaddick @EastStand @SDAddick @Stu_of_Kunming
    I don't know why I haven't seen them. I do know about Anchorman though. Maybe I'm just not into comedy stuff in general. I just watched the trailer and a few minutes of the best bits video on YouTube. I'm not sure I'd like it. Slightly reminds me of 'The Office' (the US version) I watched last month. I wanted to like that show but I just couldn't get into it and gave it up after three episodes. I liked The Big Bang Theory and Young Sheldon but I guess they are entirely different kind of comedy to Will Ferrell's films?
  • Options

WSS said:

Croydon said:

I have to say that I don’t even admire this. It’s totally stupid and shouldn’t encouraged or even be allowed by the producers. Think there are limits as to how far actors can go in a role.

What vitamins do you reckon he needed?

Asking for a chubby friend.