Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tonights Fans Forum-3/10/18

edited October 2018 in General Charlton
https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5bb4f2d65aa2c/takeover-update-from-this-evenings-fans-forum

A takeover specific Fans' Forum meeting took place at The Valley this evening.

The meeting followed August's full Fans' Forum meeting which saw the club answer questions from fan representatives on the takeover.

As with that meeting, this evening's was attended by fan representatives, club staff and Lieven De Turck (LDT), who is representing the club in takeover talks. The below notes were produced by the club and approved by fan representatives at the meeting.

LDT first updated on the two parties talked about previously:

The Australians still have to lodge a few documents with the EFL. They haven’t done this yet. They have said they are working on it and they are confident they will do it. It is worth noting the group is now not just ‘the Australians’ but it is ‘the Australians and groups linked to the Australians’. LDT said from the beginning they (the group) have been fair with what they told him. When asked about why it is taking so long LDT said “When I listen to them, it is about their complexity”. He explained everything is negotiated and there are no outstanding issues between the club and them. He said they have spent money on the takeover process and that you don’t spend so much money unless you are serious. He said they are still positive but added that may be that is their nature. He said he's still positive but he had hoped it would have been done by now
On the second party, he said since the last meeting they have become more active. He said he had them on the phone this morning to ask them if there was something he could say in the meeting but added they said they want to stay under the radar
LDT said they have started to talk with three other parties:

One party has visited the club already, LDT said they are not from the UK but they are European, and they have been given access to the data room and are spending money doing due diligence. LDT said he gets regular questions from them so he knows they are working on it. He said they have some work to do and they have yet to present an offer
The fourth party LDT is waiting for documents on. He said he needs proof of funds and no NDA has been signed so it is still very early days
The fifth party he has had a meeting with and they have asked for time to make up their minds
On price he said he doesn’t exclude any party from initial conversations. He said he’s open to listen to every proposal within the room that is set.

As mentioned previously any change of control at the club is not as a result of the parties waiting for the EFL to process the necessary documentation.

LDT said as part of any deal you need willingness, money and trust. He said a person visited The Valley a few weeks ago, signed an NDA on a Tuesday and then something went on Twitter on the Wednesday meaning the trust had gone, he said nothing is being progressed with that party. He explained trust and transparency are very important in any deal, especially as you need to share sensitive information.

The next Fans’ Forum is set for November 21st.

Comments

• Options
    No mention of redbull.
  • Options
    I'm past caring.
    Just take the money and fuck off Roland.
  • Options
    Merry Christmas and see you in the new year 2024
  • Options
    So we have
    Australians 🇦🇺
    Europeans 🇪🇺

Do we have any idea of the other 3?
    @Airman Brown have you heard anything?
  • Options
    cafcwill said:

So we have
    Australians 🇦🇺
    Europeans 🇪🇺

No. I don’t think there is much new there tbh.
  • Options
    cafcwill said:

So we have
    Australians 🇦🇺
    Europeans 🇪🇺

There’s no ideas cos it’s all bollox
  • Options
    Let’s face it, we are fucked.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Let’s face it, we are fucked.

Snatch?
  • Options
    Trying hard to set aside my scepticism, why would any buyer submit some documents but then struggle for ages not to complete that process.?
    The only reasonable explanation I can think of is that the make up of the consortium changes, and new members must submit documents.

But if that is what it is, then how can he say that everything has been negotiated, and he can speak so positively about them? Would you be confident in a consortium that cannot apparently decide who is in it?
  • Options

Trying hard to set aside my scepticism, why would any buyer submit some documents but then struggle for ages not to complete that process.?
    The only reasonable explanation I can think of is that the make up of the consortium changes, and new members must submit documents.

But if that is what it is, then how can he say that everything has been negotiated, and he can speak so positively about them? Would you be confident in a consortium that cannot apparently decide who is in it?

I think that the reality is that this is a totally new group that contains a couple of the original group. As long as the deal remains the same, as far as Rolly is concerned nothing has changed as it ain’t his problem.

Nothing we can do but pray to our God of choice and hope that we get a decent owner.
  • Options
    If I was trying to sell my business, with the amount of due diligence that has occurred thus far from potential buyers, I would think:

1. Shambles
    2. Shambles
    3.Shambles

It would be business as usual for me, trying to save costs and operating.

What other business owner wouldn’t?

How much I hate to say it, I find it hard to fathom a reason why Douchbag can do anything else at this stage?

If you had the money, commitment, board agreement, an agreement then the deal would be done by now.

Is it all Douchbags fault?
  • Options
    BR3red said:

If I was trying to sell my business, with the amount of due diligence that has occurred thus far from potential buyers, I would think:

1. Shambles
    2. Shambles
    3.Shambles

How much I hate to say it, I find it hard to fathom a reason why Douchbag can do anything else at this stage?

If you had the money, commitment, board agreement, an agreement then the deal would be done by now.

Alternatively...if I was a prospective buyer, having spent time and money on DD, I might be thinking:

1. Shambles
    2. Shambles
    3. Shambles

Where is this fool getting his valuation from??
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

BR3red said:

1. Shambles
    2. Shambles
    3.Shambles

Alternatively...if I was a prospective buyer, having spent time and money on DD, I might be thinking:

1. Shambles
    2. Shambles
    3. Shambles

Where is this fool getting his valuation from??
    They knew the price at outset presumably?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sage said:

Had a conversation with someone the other day who works for the club, but only on a small basis, it seems like it’s common knowledge that Roland wants £35mil and no one is prepared to pay it, being the reason for the hold up of no takeover.

To me, the rest of what has been put out by the club tonight and previously is regurgitated nonsense.

Nothing will happen until someone pays Roland what he wants, or he somehow decides to lower the price.

Fair enough, however , if I was buying a business, I would not spend over £1 million on DD, if I wasn’t in the ball park of the asking price... it is non sensical business practice.
  • Options
    Just the sort of bollox you'd expect from the club.
  • Options
    Was there anyone at the fans forum that could play left back Saturday ?
  • Options

Was there anyone at the fans forum that could play left back Saturday ?

They'd of needed a survey
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Why didn’t TFF ask about the price Douchebag is wanting, not that I would necessarily expect answer but surely the question should be put? And then at least it could be logged that the question was dodged or whatever!
  • Options
    IF Roland is saying £35m, and won't accept a penny less, and the buyers are nowhere near that price, then why are they still negotiating? That's surely the first question a buyer would ask. That the Aussies are STILL around along with the mystery 2nd buyer and all these other interested people, they've got to be in the rough ballpark of what Roland wants.

If I was buying a house and the price was £600k, I might be able to haggle it down a bit, but if my budget was £300k I would walk away and look elsewhere. When you're haggling for goods in the Moroccan souk, and don't like the price being offered, you walk away (which sometimes gets you a much better deal), you don't hang around pleading.
  • Options
    The Australians must be illiterate hence the amount of time it’s taking them to complete the paperwork.