Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Scunthorpe v Charlton | Tue 02 Oct | 7:45pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

124»

Comments

• Think we need Pratley back in the starting line up for this one. A bit of muscle in midfield. It’s the kind of game I usually expect us to lose, but I fancy us. 1-3, A Naby Sarr treble
  • Leuth said:

GRAY9 said:

These are a bit of a bogey team aren't they?

Want to say 1-0 win but Sarr really worries me at the back so will go with 1-1.

Get the scapegoat out of the way before the match, that's nice
    Why are you so cultishly (sp) weird about people not rating Sarr, let people not rate him ffs.
  • Leuth said:

GRAY9 said:

Why are you so cultishly weird about people not rating Sarr, let people not rate him ffs.
    But it's not just people not rating him, it's that he has become such a scapegoat for a (admittedly shrinking) number of people. He's been solid the last couple season. Not perfect, but he's shown he has some real ability. And yet for some it seems that every time he starts we're playing with 10 men.
  • SDAddick said:

Leuth said:

GRAY9 said:

Why are you so cultishly weird about people not rating Sarr, let people not rate him ffs.
    But it's not just people not rating him, it's that he has become such a scapegoat for a (admittedly shrinking) number of people. He's been solid the last couple season. Not perfect, but he's shown he has some real ability. And yet for some it seems that every time he starts we're playing with 10 men.
    We’ve had no one to scapegoat because we’ve been doing well, just think people don’t rate him for whatever reason and/or don’t feel comfortable with him at the heart of the defence, whys that so hard for some to swallow, football is a game of opinions, get over it.
  • Tough evening ahead and we have not done too well up there. Tiredness and players carrying injuries will have an impact. 2-0 to Scunthorpe as per last season.
  • cafc-west said:

"*Note: Tomorrow's game will be available on iFollow to UK viewers for £10... No VPN will be required"
    I've never done this but am tempted. As CAFC don't subscribe to the service - how do you sign up?

Create an iFollow account on the Scunthorpe website (a free account not a monthly or yearly one) and then buy a match pass

Once you've created your account (and are signed in), the below is where you go to buy the match pass

https://www.scunthorpe-united.co.uk/matches/fixtures/first-team/201819/october/scunthorpe-united-vs-charlton-athletic-on-02-oct-18/
    Forever what time does the I follow come on cheers
  • All League 1 CB's make mistakes, That's why their in League one but Naby is unique in he can be brilliant, bad, heroic, careless and sublime all in one match.
    In fact that sums him up in most matches he has played for Cafc.
    Can't help but like the guy and in Bauer absent and Konsa transfer, we need to support him and hope he turns into a cult hero like Leaburn.
    He is Cafc version of David Luis's Chelsea career part 1 when he could go from Hero to Zero and back to hero in the same game.
    Tough game tonight without a recognized defensive mid-fielder.
    Let's out score the opposition and win 3-2.
    Must be better than some of the dire defensive away games under Slade and Robinson.

• Tough game tonight without a recognized defensive mid-fielder.

Pratley unfit, then?
  • So i have registered for ifollow and paid a tenner for tonights game, how do i then watch it?
  • Sponsored links:

• So i have registered for ifollow and paid a tenner for tonights game, how do i then watch it?

Does it have to be watched through the app or can i watch it through the scunthorpe website that i just paid?
  • edited October 2018
    SDAddick said:

But it's not just people not rating [Sarr], it's that he has become such a scapegoat for an (admittedly shrinking) number of people.

They are just jealous because he has enjoyed the close companionship of Katrien.

Seriously, if we had signed him for free from a local club and he was on a modest wage, there would be no scapegoating. But his fee and wages are not his fault. They are someone else's. (I cannot think who).

We paid too much for him, and are still paying too much for him, but there is nothing anyone can do about that. Might as well make the most of him until his contract runs out. If he were a disruptive big-time Charlie it would be different, but he is an amiable and popular squad member.

Does it have to be watched through the app or can i watch it through the scunthorpe website that i just paid?
    You talking to yourself

yes

You can do either

You can watch it on the Scunthorpe website via. your PC / Laptop OR if you have Chromecast etc. then you can stream from the App to your TV

yes
    Can you stop faffing about and tell us the teams please?
  • Fumbluff said:

So i have registered for ifollow and paid a tenner for tonights game, how do i then watch it?

yes
    Can you stop faffing about and tell us the teams please?
    And let me know what I’ve got for dinner?
    Ta

You can do either

You can watch it on the Scunthorpe website via. your PC / Laptop OR if you have Chromecast etc. then you can stream from the App to your TV
    Legend, thanks FA.
  • edited October 2018
  • Cheers couldnt be clearer ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2018
    Can someone post the team sheet please? ;)
  • Didn't realise I was that pissed
  • Like that line up.
  • We are gonna win tonight.
    Trust me
  • Charlton: Steer, Page, Pearce, Sarr, Solly, Pratley, Cullen, Aribo, Cullen, Taylor, Grant. Subs: Phillips, Dijksteel, Lapslie, Morgan, Reeves, Ajose, Vetokele.
  • Why no ward? Strong options off the bench if needed
  • CH4RLTON said:

Why no ward? Strong options off the bench if needed <

Injured.

• Charlton: Steer, Page, Pearce, Sarr, Solly, Pratley, Cullen, Aribo, Cullen, Taylor, Grant. Subs: Phillips, Dijksteel, Lapslie, Morgan, Reeves, Ajose, Vetokele.

Good to see the Cullen brothers are in.
  • Daggs said:

Charlton: Steer, Page, Pearce, Sarr, Solly, Pratley, Cullen, Aribo, Cullen, Taylor, Grant. Subs: Phillips, Dijksteel, Lapslie, Morgan, Reeves, Ajose, Vetokele.

Good to see the Cullen brothers are in.
    Sam and Tom