Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Luton v Charlton - Post Match Views

12346»

Comments

• Options

The street that leads down to Kennilworth Road, my mum would probably be made to wear a veil just to walk down that road. LOL! ;)

What does this have to do with football?
    More to the point, what sort of comment is it in the first place?
    A stupid one by a person who has a history of posting stupid comments

Deleted
  • Options
    I have bruises all over my legs and knees from celebrating Solly's equaliser.
  • Options

Did Chris enjoy the BJ?
    he deserved it.
  • Options

The street that leads down to Kennilworth Road, my mum would probably be made to wear a veil just to walk down that road. LOL! ;)

Deleted
    Not bert Palmer again
  • Options

Is that what you told the wife.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    The midfield looked ok with the ball, but lost a lot of the second balls. Luton seemed better physically in that respect. In spells anyway.

Fosu just breezes past defenders for fun. We need to find ways of maximising the damage this will do to opponents. Aribo is capable of a bit of skill too. Under Robinson we played in front of teams never looking to get past them, when you have players like that, it is easier to get past them. And don't forget Grant's driving direct runs at defenders. Given this was Fosu's first start of the season, it will be interesting to see how we develop in respect to this. I have every respect for the management and their ability to hone things further.

I thought a draw was fair - but we couldn't make a case for deserving more.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Deleted
    Not bert Palmer again
    Bert Palmer is Innocent.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

clb74 said:

Deleted
    Not bert Palmer again
    Bert Palmer is Innocent.
    Roger Daltrey of The Who went on stage in 1975 wearing a T-shirt emblazoned with "Bert Palmer Is Innocent". :smile:

• Options

Can’t beat a last minute loop !

Last time I saw Charlton fans running down like that was when loads were crying cos Shrewsbury had the temerity to go mental after scoring in the play offs against us !

There’s a really really old fella in there who looks like Nicholas but can’t be him looks far too old !

The bloke in the black jacket bouncing along the front looks like his on a space hopper
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2018
    i actually didn't mind the ground the away fans "bar" was pretty horrendous, decent point away from home, last season that would of been it a 2-1 loss you expect this team to fight back for every point, tomorrow nights game will be a test its them long northern slogs midweek than can really show how likely you are to achieve something.

IF we could sort the defence out think we could get autos, the game against pompey if moved will be a shame as the vocal backing of fans wont be there.
  • Options
    Great point and a crazy last 5mins! This team certainly has a lot of spirit. Laying siege to their goal and actually scoring so late is very un Charlton. From the highlights, it looks like we’re guilty of a bit of ball watching for both goals and Luton just react quicker.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Scunthorpe have been scraping by and drawing with some average League One teams. I think this should be an easier game than Luton if our approach is positive.
  • Options
    looking ahead our next 5 league games - league pos and points in brackets
    scunthorpe a (10th 14 pts)
    coventry h (14th 12pts)
    barnsley h (5th 18pts )
    oxford h ( 23rd 5pts )
    rochdale a (17th 11pts)

that block of 3 home games i think will be v important.

• Options

i actually didn't mind the ground the away fans "bar" was pretty horrendous, decent point away from home, last season that would of been it a 2-1 loss you expect this team to fight back for every point, tomorrow nights game will be a test its them long northern slogs midweek than can really show how likely you are to achieve something.

IF we could sort the defence out think we could get autos, the game against pompey if moved will be a shame as the vocal backing of fans wont be there.

What was it like inside? I saw the massive scrum building up before half time, then the police get involved to control entry and one individual then being removed!
  • Options
    edited October 2018

What was it like inside? I saw the massive scrum building up before half time, then the police get involved to control entry and one individual then being removed!

down a flight of stairs and then into what looked like the bogs at a sunday league football ground with some fridges of warm bottles of fosters, ale and cider, a single toilet in the corner of the room which everyone was smoking in.

• Options

There was 1 toilet down there, and no door on it, if anyone needed a sh1t then you had face the queue as you did it, thankfully from what I saw no one did. There was also a 3 inch puddle of piss to queue in for the one toilet. The toilet in Trainspotting was in slightly better shape.
  • Options
    How does that ground get the necessary certificate to stage a public event? Needs condemning albeit 50 years late :smirk:
  • Options

I was quite near the front of the que, was saying to the steward guarding the door it might be a good idea to just let people in before the half time whistle to ease congestion any issues and he said no will be fine, with that a staff member opened the door and a massive bundle occurred and the realised was better to let people in then try and hold back.
  • Options
    Been at the Ryder cup and only just seen the highlights, their 2nd goal was beautiful build up play!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Just got home from a great day out.
    I can't believe some on here are saying we were lucky or that a draw was a fair result.
    We absolutely dominated them for about 25 minutes in the second half and should have been winning comfortably.
    But as I said to my mate's all the while it remains 1.0 it can all go wrong.
    When Luton equalised I thought it was totally against the run of play and when they took the lead I just thought bollox.
    But the last five minutes of the game we hit the crossbar twice and had one cleared of the line.
    And then along came super Solly to equalise.
    The Charlton supporters who I thought had been great throughout went mental and justice had been done.
    Bowyer now has options from the bench and it was lovely to see Fosu and Vetokele back playing.
    Lastly Luton is a soulless shithole and their supporters are tossers.

Agreed. On the last bit, I love the quirkyness of their ground.

Quirky? Doesn't seem to have changed from the last time I was there, which was the infamous 7-1. You don't want to know about this, kids. Even plod were laughing at us.

Anyway. I like the look of this Lee Bowyer team, and I reckon it deserves a re-think about boycotts. Would love to have been there behind the goal when Chris Solly brings us level after those crossbar efforts. But I didn't deserve to be there for it. That's one for the 300-400 who follow us away whatever.

Was at that 7-1 game ! What a nightmare
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

How does that ground get the necessary certificate to stage a public event? Needs condemning albeit 50 years late :smirk:

This.

Holes in the roof galore
  • Options
    edited October 2018

RedChaser said:

This.

Holes in the roof galore
    http://www.stadiumguide.com/new-luton-town-stadium/
  • Options

Scunthorpe have been scraping by and drawing with some average League One teams. I think this should be an easier game than Luton if our approach is positive.

Good post Muttley. Be interesting to see the team's approach/mindset following the draw on Saturday.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    I'm pleased Nolan saw it like I did.
    I thought we were in control and looked like we were going to win.
    I didn't think we took the lead against the run of play.
    He also rated Sarr a "5" as well.

"But Charlton were in charge and it came as no surprise when they took the lead two minutes later.

Charlton’s interval lead was deserved but hardly conclusive.

The unexpected equaliser brought with it instant disintegration and almost inevitably a second goal within seven more minutes."
    clive said:
  • Options

I'm pleased Nolan saw it like I did.
    I thought we were in control and looked like we were going to win.
    I didn't think we took the lead against the run of play.

"But Charlton were in charge and it came as no surprise when they took the lead two minutes later.

Charlton’s interval lead was deserved but hardly conclusive.

The unexpected equaliser brought with it instant disintegration and almost inevitably a second goal within seven more minutes."

clive said:
    Must be hard for a dyed in the wool fan like Kevin to remember to say 'they' rather than 'we' ....