Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Luton v Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• According to Quest; Fosu scored his penalty against Jed Steer, bit unfair on Luton surely?
  • I'm going to upload the second half at some point tomorrow probably, can anyone recommend where would be best? Just thinking it could get flagged and taken down on YouTube
  • Delighted with Solly's late, late goal and looking forward to rubbing it in on Monday to my Luton supporting work colleague!
  • Can anyone explain exactly what Lapslie did to get booked? Watched on iFollow and it's not clear. You just see him semi- falling over the advertising hoardings and then when the camera catches up with him he's climbing back out and getting booked.
  • I must have fallen asleep around the 70min mark, was shatterd after getting a 2AM flight on friday, wasn't surprised to see we didn't hold but but seems a draw was a fair result.
  • Aribo, Reeves, Fosu, (and to a lesser extent) Taylor, should all be reminded that skillful as they may be - best way to create space is one touch football.
  • clb74 said:

Don't score enough goals have a day off.
    Last 5 games 3 away 11 goals scored

Look at the goals scored so far this season compared with the other top 6 sides. Also note our GD.
  • Sponsored links:

• clb74 said:

Look at the goals scored so far this season compared with the other top 6 sides. Also note our GD.
    1 and 1/2 goals a game
    And would put us on 69 goals
  • edited September 2018
    Watched on IFollow.
    Thought we were fairly anonymous first half, their goalie had very little to do, and we hardly threatened at all. Second half we seemed to pick it up for first 15/20, and could maybe have scored that elusive second that we always seem to struggle to score at 1-0, then Luton picked it up for 15/20, and both goals seemed inevitable as they were putting the pressure on . Then just a crazy last 5 - how often do you see 2 hit the bar, one off the line, and a goal all in extra-time ?
    Thought Pearce was more at fault than Sarr for their first goal tbh.
  • I thought before the game we had a bit of momentum going and were going to win 2-0.

Taking the highlights at face value, Steer looked a bit rash rushing off his line for one of their goals, overall did he have a good performance, I’m still not won over by him.
  • edited September 2018
    clb74 said:

clb74 said:

1 and 1/2 goals a game
    Which isn’t usually enough for the top 2. Bolton and Burton have scored around that in recent seasons and finished 2nd, but I’m not sure our defending is good enough to make up for it.

Though I wouldn’t write us off improving either our goalscoring or defending at this stage.
  • Chris Solly, Solly
    He’s only 5ft 3
    He’s better than Leo Messi
    Chris Solly, Solly
  • Scoham said:

clb74 said:

clb74 said:

1 and 1/2 goals a game
    Which isn’t usually enough for the top 2. Bolton and Burton have scored around that in recent seasons and finished 2nd, but I’m not sure our defending is good enough to make up for it.

Though I wouldn’t write us off improving either our goalscoring or defending at this stage.
    Think we will almost certainly improve our defending, 2 clean sheets in 10 isn’t great, but that will get better.

We will also start getting players scoring from midfield soon too.
  • Bit disappointed with Pearce for the first goal

Steer seems (from some) to be getting the blame for rushing out .. he had no option .. Pearce was just beaten in the air .. it happens
  • a good point on the road (who wrote that?) and another tough game on Tuesday .. some of our immediate top six rivals have tough ones as well, Posh at Sunderland, Pompey at Coventry, Doncaster at Accrington .. a win could see us gain more ground on the top slots .. here's hoping .. BUT a point will still do quite nicely
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2018
    Scoham said:

clb74 said:

clb74 said:

1 and 1/2 goals a game

The point is that post-Fleetwood we have been scoring more than two goals a game. I don’t think it’s an accident. It’s more likely to do with the extra players available in midfield. If you discount the first five matches (four goals) the scoring ratio is fine.
  • Luton were no mugs but the goals we conceded looked awful, albeit from low down the other end of the ground so it wasn't easy to see exactly what happened.

When we hit the bar twice and had one cleared off the line, it felt like being one of those days but full marks to everyone for keeping going to the death.
  • So... Fosu taking the penalty instead of Taylor wasn’t planned and wasn’t something sanctioned by Bowyer....

... strange one that

Anywayyyy... good to be buzzing about Charlton again and looking ahead at the fixture list with excited anticipation
  • Scoham said:

clb74 said:

clb74 said:

1 and 1/2 goals a game

The point is that post-Fleetwood we have been scoring more than two goals a game. I don’t think it’s an accident. It’s more likely to do with the extra players available in midfield. If you discount the first five matches (four goals) the scoring ratio is fine.
    Fair enough. Earlier on in the season I felt our midfield was lacking something. There’s a better balance now and they’re more threatening going forward.

Need them to start scoring though, I think Fosu’s penalty was our first goal scored by a midfielder this season.
  • So... Fosu taking the penalty instead of Taylor wasn’t planned and wasn’t something sanctioned by Bowyer....

... strange one that

Anywayyyy... good to be buzzing about Charlton again and looking ahead at the fixture list with excited anticipation

Dont remember Fosu ever taking a penalty last season either although it was only Holmes and Magennis last year

... strange one that

Taylor missed his last one, perhaps he didn't fancy the job
  • Scoham said:

Scoham said:

clb74 said:

clb74 said:

1 and 1/2 goals a game

Fair enough. Earlier on in the season I felt our midfield was lacking something. There’s a better balance now and they’re more threatening going forward.

Need them to start scoring though, I think Fosu’s penalty was our first goal scored by a midfielder this season.
    You having a laugh the start of the season we could barely put a midfield out and we've still given every team a game

Steer seems (from some) to be getting the blame for rushing out .. he had no option .. Pearce was just beaten in the air .. it happens
    Harsh to blame Pearce to the goal, as defenders will lose some headers, it's about how the other players react to the second ball. Was the line too high, were the other defenders a bit flat footed, did Steer come out when he should have stayed back?
  • Think Steer had to come out to narrow the angle.