Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Luton v Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2018

Two observations from those goals above.

1. Not sure Steer has to come for the first. If he stays their striker would've had a worse angle or he takes a touch and the defenders are on him.
    2. Wtf are Luton wearing red at home for?

I think it's more of an orange which used to be their away strip back in the day because they used to be white shirts black shorts when Billy Bingham played for them.
  • Options
    Not at game. But this is the Charlton way. You are hanging onto a lead knowing it is not good enough, then concede 2 goals. HOWEVER, this season we snatching draws and wins. We wil make the play offs but not the top 2 as we are not strong enough defensively and don't score enough goals. It is just the way it is. At the start of the season away at Sunderland, if you told me we would be where we are now I would have snapped your hands off. We don't have a good record away at Luton plus they are no mugs. They are mid table. I am disapointed that we couldn't hold out for a win. Hey, the play off spot (I feel is up for grabs and we have only to blame ourselves if we don't achieve it). It is in our hands, we can do it. I am hoping that the team proove me wrong and take one of the top 2 places.
  • Options
    Deserved draw. Taylor blatantly pulled back in last few minutes, but ref bottled awarding another pen. He also booked Page for kicking the ball away, but seemingly ignored 2 of their players doing it. Hopeless.

Not been Luton for 20 years and forgotten how rudimentary the ground and town is. Bloody hell.
  • Options
    Steer has conceded five league goals this season... Phillips has conceded six goals this season

Should Dillon maybe be recalled now seeing that you could argue that the likes of Wycombe | Plymouth | Luton are easier opponents than what Phillips had to deal with?
  • Options

2010/11 Orient
    2012/13 Blackpool
    2018/19 Luton

Next goal should be 20/21 as Solly scores in clusters.

Next goal will be at the Valley before this Chrismas! You heard it here first.
  • Options
    edited September 2018

Is Solly giving it to the Luton fans at the end of the below?

Apparently so because they were refusing to give the ball back ....... He who laughs last and all that :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Steer has conceded five league goals this season... Phillips has conceded six goals this season

Should Dillon maybe be recalled now seeing that you could argue that the likes of Wycombe | Plymouth | Luton are easier opponents than what Phillips had to deal with?

I definitely think it was a mistake, but to be fair there were a lot of misjudged aerial balls because of the sun. I've been to Kennilworth and it can be a problem. I thought other than that Steer was very good when called upon, and he's barely put a foot wrong since he came into the team.

I feel for Dillon. He's been put in a rough situation for the last three years by the club. But for me, Steer is the superior player at this stage in their careers.
  • Options
    Great with a Solly equaliser with almost last kick! Bit frustrating as leading for most of it and they equalised when Page was off receiving treatment. Decent performance but still too many weaknesses to challenge for top 2. Top 6 definately possible.
  • Options
    LouisMend said:
    So I was right... Bowyer does have an eye on the Scunthorpe game...

We’ve got another game on Tuesday and didn’t really want to risk him. He might get fatigued after 70-80 minutes and pull something. Now he’s got an extra 48-72 hours rest before the next game. It would have been silly of me to start Karlan. When you’ve got Igor there ready to go, that’s a good thing.
  • Options
    Also arn't Waggy and Solly best mates. Both scoring on the same day??
  • Options
    LouisMend said:
    That's a really strange picture...

"Hey Lee can you stand right there and look like you're looking out towards the empty pitch? Thanks"
  • Options

LouisMend said:
    That's a really strange picture...

"Hey Lee can you stand right there and look like you're looking out towards the empty pitch? Thanks"
    A penny for his thoughts..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WSAWSA
    edited September 2018
    Late to the match thread:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

So wanted to see Solly's goal. Thank you so much @Callumcafc - what a rocket.

Thanks @Ross1
  • Options
    Was there in the Luton end! Neither team deserved to win the game but although it lacked quality it was a cracking match! Agree with others, Igor and Lyle didn’t quite link up as well as with Karlan but it was to be expected after one game!

Certainly a game we wouldn’t have come back from last year! Didn’t think we were that great yet Luton fans around us said we were the best team to come to Kenilworth Road so far this season.

Great seeing the lads giving it to the Luton fans at the end, not quite sure how I sat still especially after hitting the bar twice shortly beforehand!
  • Options
    What was the Cupboard End Choir support like this afternoon - Portsmouth away being the bar.
  • Options
    ...and how did you guys in the home end cope when the late equaliser went in?
  • Options
    We should have won
    We nearly lost
    We have a never say die attitude and we'll make the play offs, worst case scenario.
    Great pubs in Luton glad I wasn't put off by the old bill.
  • Options

Draw was definitely the fair result, felt like they were better for about half hour of the first half and then second half we came out strong and conceded two soft goals. Sollys late equaliser was deserved. Luton played some good football at times and have some good players. They will be up there towards the end.

I didn't record the first half because I forgot to but I did record the second half if anyone would be intersted. I'm just not sure where to upload it, assuming if I upload it on YouTube they will take it down?

Really? We controlled the game for 70/75 mins. Then they hit us on the break and followed it up with a quick second.
    We thoroughly deserved the equaliser after hitting the bar twice.
  • Options
    LouisMend said:
    Love Aribo in this giving it! Superb hahahah
  • Options
    robroy said:

LouisMend said:
    Love Aribo in this giving it! Superb hahahah
    Excellent photo!

• Options
    LouisMend said:
    Most pointless flag ever in the background. Are there even any other professional clubs in Bedfordshire?
  • Options
    edited September 2018

No, Steer is the better keeper, no doubt.