Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton set to ground share The Valley with Gillingham

Comments

• edited October 2018

I know people are having a bubble, but I expect the Jills will bring about 500 & Spurs about 200.

So tonight's the night.
    Is any Lifer going ?
    Serious question.
  • I know people are having a bubble, but I expect the Jills will bring about 500 & Spurs about 200.

So tonight's the night.
    Is any Lifer going ?
    Serious question.
    Probably someone who thinks the Stevenage game is being played at home tonight :smiley:
  • Sky has just done an interview with a Gills player from the Valley, never ours though
  • Out of interest, do the club need to get council approval for extra games like this. Games not involving a Charlton team.
  • ross1 said:

Sky has just done an interview with a Gills player from the Valley, never ours though

It was a piece on fly tipping tbf!
  • edited October 2018

ross1 said:

Sky has just done an interview with a Gills player from the Valley, never ours though

It was a piece on fly tipping tbf!
    The last bit was very informative, often wondered how you get those white bits in the driveway. ;)
  • Went to Dickie Davies for an update about 20 mins ago and the caption said ‘Priestfield Stadium’.

Which was weird because the seats in the background looked remarkably red to me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Not sure we can throw any stones when it comes to JPT attendances at the Valley!
  • Aah, it must be like their cup final bless them...
  • Said it elswhere - the takeover has happened - We are part of Scallys network now and he is “the fifth interested party” !

• I know people are having a bubble, but I expect the Jills will bring about 500 & Spurs about 200.

So tonight's the night.
    Is any Lifer going ?
    Serious question.
    Elfsborg popped down for a programme
  • Attendance 308, including 60 from Spurs.
  • Macronate said:

Went to Dickie Davies for an update about 20 mins ago and the caption said ‘Priestfield Stadium’.

Which was weird because the seats in the background looked remarkably red to me.

At his age he's lucky if he knows what planet he's on, never mind football ground.
  • CHG said:

It will need a deep clean on the 10th October.

Already needs that due to spiders.
  • Well Done Tom - seriously ? Catching a cross in the warm up.
  • Sponsored links:

• When we need an extra 2000 tickets for the Gills away game in April this would have all been worth it
  • MrLargo said:

Attendance 308, including 60 from Spurs.

Surely, this would have cost more to staff it and switch the lights on?

• DA9 said:

MrLargo said:

They will have made a thumping loss - assuming they pay the bill.
  • MrLargo said:

60 from Spurs.

Spurs have 60 Seb Lewis's.
  • Mate said they should have played it at Faversham or Chatham would of added a few more
  • Mate said they should have played it at Faversham or Chatham would of added a few more

I think it had to be played at a league ground.
  • DA9 said:

MrLargo said:

I wonder whether or not Roland magnanimously picked up the tab with a view to ingratiating himself with the EFL at the forthcoming meeting?
  • edited October 2018
    LenGlover said:

DA9 said:

MrLargo said:

I wonder whether or not Roland magnanimously picked up the tab with a view to ingratiating himself with the EFL at the forthcoming meeting?
    Or maybe the old ductfucker will take on that debt from them,(just like every club he has owned/still owns),he will sell us then he can then become owner of the Gills...

Or is that wishful thinking...?
  • LenGlover said:

DA9 said:

MrLargo said:

I don’t think they would care less, but in any event my understanding is Gillingham have to pay.
  • Gills must have thought they had died and gone to heaven to have that as their home ground!