Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton set to ground share The Valley with Gillingham

Comments

• "Tottenham Hotspurs"?
  • Leuth said:

Considering going stevenage that night, maybe I shoukd just go to The Valley instead its closer haha.

Before anyone makes any comments this was a joke and if I can afford it I will be going Stevenage.

Could go and cheer on Spurs' kids? You never know, we might get one on loan in January
    Stars of tomorrow, today. That's what we were promised.
  • Good idea all round. It should be extended to our away game being played at the valley so we don’t have to be put at risk in that decrepit shit end of the ever lasting open to the elements of a temporary stand that is shittier than shitiest caravan that has been left is a field of shit covered in shit for fifty years.

Just saying.
  • C_A_F_C said:

Why not play it at a non-league ground in Kent? Unless they're expecting a huge crowd?

They could play it at Rainham Town and still open just one stand.
  • So the biggest crowd at The Valley this season for the checked shirt tourney will be a fixture we didn’t appear in !
  • edited September 2018

• These games should all be allowed to be played at National League level grounds
  • Has their chairman come out to publicly thank us for helping them out yet?
  • Off_it said:

Has their chairman come out to publicly thank us for helping them out yet?

Hopefully the ’loan’’ of the ground comes with a suitably expensive rental fee in which case the absence of thanks would surely be sweeter
  • Sponsored links:

• Be prepared for an invasion of primark tracksuit bottoms and wolf fleeces
  • I hear that local shop owners around the Valley have ordered in more cheap cans of Stella...
  • Hope someone shows them how a flushing toilet works!
  • DA9 said:

Be prepared for an invasion of primark tracksuit bottoms and wolf fleeces

usually with a pair of "site" boots
  • Hope someone shows them how a flushing toilet works!

The Valley has flushing toilets that work do you mean?
  • Note to self: must bring antiseptic wipes to the Barnsley match on 20th.
    Irrelevant how much roly hopes to charge scally for the facility hire, CAFC won't see a penny piece from it, even if the loathsome old copier peddler ever settles the bill, roly will quietly absorb any net cash inflow. Thinking about it I'd be amazed if any of the "senior management" or "ownership" has the first effing notion how much this extra fixture will actually cost to stage; even before adding in a sizable contingency for the inevitable damage wrought on the fabric of the stadium by the medway nuckledraggers. We'll see first hand the impact of the decision when we return to what's left standing on 20th, cos roly's risible shitshow won't have tidied up or fixed anything.
  • Maybe there can sort the potholes in the car park out...or even block pave it
  • I hope they sort the potholes in the carpark for the caravans.
  • The thought of a Gillingham fan sitting in my seat annoys me.
    I might even buy a ticket just to stop it happening.
  • I asked our local gills fan why the pitch is being relaid just after the start of a new season. How true it is I don't know, but apparently Scally has been told by the league they have had several complaints about the pitch a it causing injuries to visiting players and get it replaced. Don't shoot the messenger.
  • Sponsored links:

• As a Valley local I am far from impressed. Waste of money all round.
  • Don't let em park their horse and carts in front of your gaff Cardinal
  • Mr Odious rents our hallowed Valley to Mr Odious and their odious support!
    Another reason to hate the old Belgian coffin dodger...
  • Don't let em park their horse and carts in front of your gaff Cardinal

For once I am pleased we have parking restrictions.
  • T_C_E said:

I asked our local gills fan why the pitch is being relaid just after the start of a new season. How true it is I don't know, but apparently Scally has been told by the league they have had several complaints about the pitch a it causing injuries to visiting players and get it replaced. Don't shoot the messenger.

That would make sense, as it's a bizarre time to fully relay a pitch, especially as the weather has been recent recently as well.

I assume it's only the West Stand that will be used anyway, so I couldn't care less :smile:

I assume it's only the West Stand that will be used anyway, so I couldn't care less :smile:
    I think you have forgotten about the pong?

I calculate it will take at least 15 tankers filled to the brim with disinfectant and a massive team of cleaners scrubbing out the stands day and night for us to stand any chance of getting the stench to a level where it will be safe for us to use again.

The only thing less negative is that they will leave the midfield area of the pitch untouched.
  • I know people are having a bubble, but I expect the Jills will bring about 500 & Spurs about 200.
  • I'm hearing Tony's at the top of his game for this fixture, having got a temporary Makro card he's been seen at the store. Stewards have been instructed to issue every gills fan with traveling personal hygiene bag and nit comb for use before they enter the ground. ;)
  • Roland will probably turn up for this 1.

No Charlton fans so no abuse
    Then he can say he has been to a game at The Valley this season haha