Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

anyone know how to copy playlist from iTunes to Spotify

I have just subscribed to Spotify - I had thought it would be easy to copy playlists from iTunes, but can't see hpw to do it - looking online there used to be an import function from the File tab, but I just have ... New Playlist : New Playlist Folder
Any guidance appreciated ! Click and drag certainly doesn't work.
PS Guess creating a new folder outside of iTunes and copying the songs there might be a slightly convoluted way to make ti work but I don't want to start creating & retaining duplicate files.

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2018
    Are you paying for premium Spotify? And iTunes - is that a paid account?

If no to both you can probably forget it mate. Though I’m not an expert! I just redownload shit myself.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    There might be a solution in the discussion here somewhere. Looks like Spotify removed the native import option some time ago.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Importing-iTunes-playlists/td-p/4392200

Edit: never mind. Looks like it turned into one guy plugging his home made transfer software. You could give that a go I suppose but at your own risk.
  • Options
    paying for Spotify Premium, well Family, same thing, iTunes is running on a Mac