Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bodyguard

Comments

• edited September 2018
    Gave up with it after the third episode. Started watching the fourth and asked myself do I really care? Answer was no, so switched it off. Problem is I'm quite picky about series's, I have to like the characters or at least enjoy them. Also they have a tendancy to go on for an age (script starts to suffer) with a possibility of another series. Much prefer a good film to a good series.
  • edited September 2018

Riviera said:

Ending was a bit weak, the Muslim bird actually being a wrongen isn’t much of a dramatic twist. Thought the main character played his part well.

odds slashed on being the next Bond apparently. Agreed thought he was a decent actor
    Too short and he's Scottish, you can't have a Scot playing Bond...
    I also think he's too short. Having watched McMafia earlier this year I think James Norton would be a slightly better choice than Richard Madden.
    He was brutal in the first series of Happy Valley but I think his voice is a bit effeminate for Bond. However it's 2018 and we have a female Dr Who so anything goes now!
  • What was the deal with the security service guys, were they just a red herring?
  • was good better than ill give it one more chance tonight strangers.
  • se9addick said:

What was the deal with the security service guys, were they just a red herring?

Yes, just a power struggle between them and the police.
  • I'm surprised there is a whole thread for this when it was being discussed on the 'new tv series' thread for weeks.

Apologies, my fault. I’m about a thousand posts behind on that thread so hadn’t realised :-(
    I blame the running for getting in the way of watching telly. You've changed. Jim Royal to Mo Farah in a matter of weeks.
  • why did he go straight to his bosses house when he he fled and what a coincidence that the crime boss turned up at exactly the same time - also she conveniently coughed up everything when questioned, same with the muslim bomb maker, all to make the ending nicely tied up. She said/intimated that from jail she could oversee everything (as opposed from home !) Cannot believe that an expert terrorist bomb maker would sacrifice her freedom along with her accomplice. Do i understand that Budd was pre selected by the terrorists to be a fall guy and if so they knew when/where he would be travelling and that he would notice and respond like he did to the suicide bomber ? Jed Mecurio the writer is responsible for Line of Duty, another decent programme but also full of holes. Still enjoyed Bodyguard and Keeley Hawes is still hot ...
  • why did he go straight to his bosses house when he he fled and what a coincidence that the crime boss turned up at exactly the same time - also she conveniently coughed up everything when questioned, same with the muslim bomb maker, all to make the ending nicely tied up. She said/intimated that from jail she could oversee everything (as opposed from home !) Cannot believe that an expert terrorist bomb maker would sacrifice her freedom along with her accomplice. Do i understand that Budd was pre selected by the terrorists to be a fall guy and if so they knew when/where he would be travelling and that he would notice and respond like he did to the suicide bomber ? Jed Mecurio the writer is responsible for Line of Duty, another decent programme but also full of holes. Still enjoyed Bodyguard and Keeley Hawes is still hot ...

did you miss a bit?
    he went to Chanel and got her to ring her boss, say the inside man was going to grass, then he could follow the crime boss to the inside man
  • MrOneLung said:

did they clarify who targeted his kids school?

The muslim terrorists (woman in the first episode).
    Thanks,

think I must have had a quick loo break when they deduced that.
    I do remember him showing her picture of his kids when she was in the train toilet.
  • Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Ending was a bit weak, the Muslim bird actually being a wrongen isn’t much of a dramatic twist. Thought the main character played his part well.

odds slashed on being the next Bond apparently. Agreed thought he was a decent actor
    I also think he's too short. Having watched McMafia earlier this year I think James Norton would be a slightly better choice than Richard Madden.
    He was brutal in the first series of Happy Valley but I think his voice is a bit effeminate for Bond. However it's 2018 and we have a female Dr Who so anything goes now!
    this - he was quality in that series.

Ok in War and Peace
    Watchable in Grantchester
    But not tough enough in McMafia.

• Sponsored links:

• edited September 2018
    Bunkum. The lot of it.

Plot laughable. Some of the most unconvincing characters I've ever seen in another BBC joke series.

I assume those that are raving about this have never watched any of the excellent American police dramas out there?
    And that's one of the main problems with these BBC and ITV dramas. They're trying too hard to be the next Wire, 24 or Homeland and come up far far short.

They need to put their faith in the more realistic and gritty side of British drama than trying to imitate a genre that they can get nowhere near.
    Coming up with a decent trailer and ok first episode is not good enough.
    The American series I have previously mentioned manage to keep the viewer hooked for season after season.
    This pile of Shyte had me reaching for the exit 20 mins into the second episode.
  • edited September 2018
    10.4 million would disagree

the most watched BBC drama for 10 years apparently
  • Bunkum. The lot of it.

Plot laughable. Some of the most unconvincing characters I've ever seen in another BBC joke series.

I assume those that are raving about this have never watched any of the excellent American police dramas out there?
    And that's one of the main problems with these BBC and ITV dramas. They're trying too hard to be the next Wire, 24 or Homeland and come up far far short.

They need to put their faith in the more realistic and gritty side of British drama than trying to imitate a genre that they can get nowhere near.
    The American series I have previously mentioned manage to keep the viewer hooked for season after season.
    This pile of Shyte had me reaching for the exit 20 mins into the second episode.

Over 10 million seem to disagree. Was actually made by World Productions which is owned by ITV, nothing to do with the BBC but hasn't stopped them going about the ratings all day.
  • 10.4 million would disagree

Its sad really I need to get out more.
  • Thoroughly enjoyed it. Far better than all the American rubbish on these days.
  • 10.4 million would disagree

10 million of them were waiting to see Kevin Costner & Whitney.
    No that's The Bodyguard.
  • Riviera said:

No that's The Bodyguard.
  • Hasn’t realized it was actually made by ITV. Explains a lot.
  • Who was responsible for the lost CCTV footage?

Enjoyed The Bodyguard but not quite as good as Line of Duty in my opinion
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm not criticising the plot, I thought that was fine, it was some of the acting I thought was dramatically bad. I'm not caning it as I enjoyed the series I'm just a bit disappointed with the last episode given how high the bar was set. The dialogue may be to blame more than the delivery and I'm being overly critical because it has been raved about. Plot holes schmot holes, Jed Mercurio does that to keep us guessing and it works

• Riviera said:

Riviera said:

next Bond ? .. a black muslim transgender woman in a burqa
  • Riviera said:

Riviera said:

next Bond ? .. a black muslim transgender woman in a burqa
    You have lovely eyes ms Bond.
  • Riviera said:

No that's The Bodyguard.
    I take it you're whooshing yourself! Really starting to worry about about the lack of humour on here.
  • Bunkum. The lot of it.

yeah.......like Lost, Westworld, Under the Dome, Walking Dead (4 series about zombies.....whoppee do)
  • Who knew there were so many budding Barry Normans on here - and a fair few Barry Tooks!
  • To be entertained you have to let yourself be entertained, suspend belief, loosen up

If I had a pound for every comedy night I've been to where people have stubbornly refused to relax and want a laugh to be forcibly extracted from them I could have retired

Criticism and opinions are fine afterwards but give yourself a chance

One I however support all derogatory comments about reality television. I'm convinced we will see celebrity shit in a bucket before the decade is up If we haven't already on some weird free to air channel
  • edited September 2018
    Just watched the last episode
    Not a bad series (wooden acting awful casting) until the joke of a last episode.
    Where to start, a few things.....the scene in the vest was laughable, how close were they all to him, senior officers would never be on the scene, never mind his Mrs. And then letting him wander around London in an explosive vest, do fuck off!
    He would never have been able to diffuse it, the main cover would have a trip wire, but they conveniently ignored that so the scene would work.
    Never mind they would not have let it be diffused next to a block of flats.
    Then he jumped over the wall and turned up at the women's flat, no coppers chasing him, the Moslem women singing like a bird ( she may of well have said 'if it weren't for those pesky kids I would have got away with it"), do me a favour. I could go on but it lost all credibility trying to make the ending work, shame!
    So millions watched it did they? We really have embraced mediocrity.