Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

21st Century Fox Lose Battle For Sky TV

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-45615441

Does this mean that people can no longer say "I won't have Sky as I don't want to line Murdoch's pockets etc etc." ?

Comments

  • Riviera said:

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-45615441

    Does this mean that people can no longer say "I won't have Sky as I don't want to line Murdoch's pockets etc etc." ?

    Not until he sells the remaining 39% I would think, Chirps?
  • Could this mean membership fees will go up?
  • Derek1952 said:

    Could this mean membership fees will go up?

    Rarely good for the man on the street is it?
  • another giant step on the path towards American conglomerates taking over the western world ..
  • Riviera said:

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-45615441

    Does this mean that people can no longer say "I won't have Sky as I don't want to line Murdoch's pockets etc etc." ?

    Not until he sells the remaining 39% I would think, Chirps?
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-45654792

    There you go.
  • Comcast are regularly cited as one of the most despicable companies for customers to deal with in the US.

  • JiMMy 85 said:

    Comcast are regularly cited as one of the most despicable companies for customers to deal with in the US.

    So nothing much will change then? :lol:
  • I was on the verge of dumping Sky. Will see what Comcast do, but they can think again if they hike rates and think I’ll stay.
  • Lesser of two evils imo
  • BDL said:

    Lesser of two evils imo

    I don’t know about that. Comcast are quite evil...
  • Sponsored links:


  • BDL said:

    Lesser of two evils imo

    I don’t know about that. Comcast are quite evil...
    Miles better than Flymo though.
  • TelMc32 said:

    I was on the verge of dumping Sky. Will see what Comcast do, but they can think again if they hike rates and think I’ll stay.

    I don't think we'll see much change at all for some time. Prices will continue to rise whether the content improves/ expands or not.

    But I think it'll have an effect on content deals next year. I was dying to see what Disney would do with certain areas of the business, given that they're launching their own entertainment app. I suspect the Disney content will largely disappear once the current deals run out. And Disney are still getting their hands on the Fox catalogue, presumably to put in their own app.

    So, take all Fox and Fox Searchlight movies, along with Marvel, Lucasfilm, Pixar and Disney Studios and put them in a Disney app, what does that leave for Sky? Will Comcast be as keen to invest in football, or will they care more about the broadband/ telephony business? Could be a few years before we really find out.

Sign In or Register to comment.

Roland Out!