Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Late goals

Goals that have made a difference in last ten mins
Excluding Bradford - already 1 up and Wycombe 3-1up
We are Plus 2 pts up from goals scored in last ten mins.
We are having lots of possession but need to make more from that
Despite that we have shown we can kill teams off in the final few minutes
With Fosu coming back next week -Beliek/Clarke and Pratley coming back - hopefully things are looking on the up.COYR

Comments

• Options
    If the game ended in the 85th minute how many points would we have? Conceded late goals against Accrington and Peterborough but also scored late goals like today and I think Shrewsbury. Would be interesting if anyone can be bothered to work it out
  • Options
    Lost 2 games this season. Both last minute goals to 2 of the top 3 teams.

Table could look a lot different if there was no injury time.
  • Options

Lost 2 games this season. Both last minute goals to 2 of the top 3 teams.

Table could look a lot different if there was no injury time.

We would still have lost 1, the none penalty(still winds me up) was the 89th minute
  • Options

If the game ended in the 85th minute how many points would we have? Conceded late goals against Accrington and Peterborough but also scored late goals like today and I think Shrewsbury. Would be interesting if anyone can be bothered to work it out

And sunderland
  • Options
    Do we have a disproportionate number of late goals in our games this season? I’m not sure if it’s just me but every match recently seems to have some drama at the death (thankfully that drama has been to our advantage the last couple of games!). 

You would be mad to leave a Charlton match early!! 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Do we have a disproportionate number of late goals in our games this season? I’m not sure if it’s just me but every match recently seems to have some drama at the death (thankfully that drama has been to our advantage the last couple of games!). 

Many do. There is a lady that sits just across the aisle from is who always leaves around the 88th min mark. Absolutely bonkers in my mind. 

I would love someone to come on here & explain why the do it. I know some have long journeys & want to make sure they get a certain train so they dont miss their connection..... or want to beat the traffic jams (which dissipate after about 20 mins anyway). But as above, some people leave every.single.time.without.fail. before the end. No matter of its 3pm or 7.45 pm kick-off.....on a Saturday or a public holiday. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Many do. There is a lady that sits just across the aisle from is who always leaves around the 88th min mark. Absolutely bonkers in my mind. 

I would love someone to come on here & explain why the do it. I know some have long journeys & want to make sure they get a certain train so they dont miss their connection..... or want to beat the traffic jams (which dissipate after about 20 mins anyway). But as above, some people leave every.single.time.without.fail. before the end. No matter of its 3pm or 7.45 pm kick-off.....on a Saturday or a public holiday. 
    If I need to get away sharp then I’ll leave my seat and watch on the concourse but that’s just random games that I need to be somewhere afterwards 
  • Options
    se9addick said:

It’s madness to leave early - most games run to 95mins now.  There are a group who sit near me that always arrive 5 mins in to the game, go downstairs with 5 mins of the first half left, get back 10 mins in to the 2nd half and leave 10 mins before the end. They miss half an hour of the game - absolutely no point in going. They also talk absolute shit and get all the players names wrong. 
  • Options
    I wonder how many fans were left in the bet365 Stadium yesterday when Stoke equalised (93rd minute) and then scored the winner (97th minute). Not many I would guess!
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    I wonder how many fans were left in the bet365 Stadium yesterday when Stoke equalised (93rd minute) and then scored the winner (97th minute). Not many I would guess!
    Had you left by then yourself?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Off_it said:
    bobmunro said:
    Had you left by then yourself?
    I rarely go - thankfully.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    se9addick said:

It’s madness to leave early - most games run to 95mins now.  There are a group who sit near me that always arrive 5 mins in to the game, go downstairs with 5 mins of the first half left, get back 10 mins in to the 2nd half and leave 10 mins before the end. They miss half an hour of the game - absolutely no point in going. They also talk absolute shit and get all the players names wrong. 
    3 blokes in the row in front of us yesterday (East Stand, F block) did that. Went out twice before half time (once around 25 mins & then just after we scored) and then back 8 mins after the start of the 2nd half. Dont know why they bother. Stay in the pub & watch Jeff Stelling on Sky.

Oh........and then there are the people who  block your view by standing in the aisles or take ages to walk up & down the stairs. If you are going to leave your seat during the game then you don't really care if you miss something......so don't stop & watch an attack as you leave. Selfish bastards.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    se9addick said:

3 blokes in the row in front of us yesterday (East Stand, F block) did that. Went out twice before half time (once around 25 mins & then just after we scored) and then back 8 mins after the start of the 2nd half. Dont know why they bother. Stay in the pub & watch Jeff Stelling on Sky.

Oh........and then there are the people who  block your view by standing in the aisles or take ages to walk up & down the stairs. If you are going to leave your seat during the game then you don't really care if you miss something......so don't stop & watch an attack as you leave. Selfish bastards.

It's okay to go the loo, if I've had a few drinks I need to. However, you should pick your moment to leave & not get in people's ways - goal kick, injury, then do the same on the way back. Or I'll crouch down on the stairs or out the way.

NEVER leave early though.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    se9addick said:

That lovely lady sits next to me with her sister & has been a Charlton fan for over 65 years, maybe even more. Her birthday in January may well have a mention in the matchday programme as she celebrates a memorable milestone. 

She does leave her seat a few minutes early BUT takes a vacant one at the top of the stairs until the final whistle is blown. 

She also travels home alone via public transport so tries to get a small advantage by exiting the stand itself as soon as possible after the end of the match. 

Bearing in mind her age, too, I would have thought you might have a thought for her safety if she waits until the last minute & then has to negotiate those steep steps alongside many others anxious to get out...Think how your parents felt when they were able to attend every match at The Valley....
  • Options
    se9addick said:

My mum often leaves early as she's suffered from a stroke and is very uneasy on her feet, so the idea of getting caught up in the crowds leaving scares the life out of her.

• Options
    Wigan and Barnsley have let in loads of late goals this season, I think it's something struggling teams tend to do whereas the winning teams do it in Fergie time.

• Options
    se9addick said:

That lovely lady sits next to me with her sister & has been a Charlton fan for over 65 years, maybe even more. Her birthday in January may well have a mention in the matchday programme as she celebrates a memorable milestone. 

She does leave her seat a few minutes early BUT takes a vacant one at the top of the stairs until the final whistle is blown. 

She also travels home alone via public transport so tries to get a small advantage by exiting the stand itself as soon as possible after the end of the match. 

Bearing in mind her age, too, I would have thought you might have a thought for her safety if she waits until the last minute & then has to negotiate those steep steps alongside many others anxious to get out...Think how your parents felt when they were able to attend every match at The Valley....
    Sorry Fanny......but I'm talking about a different lady. Sits a row or two in front of me across the aisle. Not older than 40 I wouldn't have thought ( but I I would never like to guess a lady's age). 
  • Options
    Beats Xmas dinners.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Sorry Fanny......but I'm talking about a different lady. Sits a row or two in front of me across the aisle. Not older than 40 I wouldn't have thought ( but I I would never like to guess a lady's age). 
    OK, golfie. Fair enough.

But you can see why these 2 women are easily confused.